Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What Creeps you out?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default What Creeps you out?

A simple enough question, since it seems so quiet in here. What do you think is scary, creepy, or just plain icky?

In my case, just today I'm pulling out a CD case to see what I need, and notice a little black shadow slowly moving under the windowsill. Take a closer look, it's a small spider trying to make its way out. Spiders are helpful, I figure, and it's actually kinda cute, so I grab an empty envelope to pick it up and help it on its way. The second the thing drops onto the envelope, it jumps at me, two or three centimetres at a time. Of course, I drop the envelope, and the thing dashes into my pile of homework. I ended up catching it with a bottlecap and an index card by shaking random papers until it ran into the open, and I finally left it in the public bathroom across the hall (no way I'm walking 5 stories with that thing) while no one was watching. I don't want to kill it, but let it live somewhere else.
    So, for me, jumping spiders. I can handle regular ones fine (well, better), but if I blink and it's landed on my arm, that I can't take. Centipedes also bug me (fast, venomous, big), but I don't see them as often. Not so much a thing as an environment or action, but crowds and public speaking also bother me.

Thanks
    EP Points

Being 6'3, I tend to get caught up in spider webs more than anyone should. Nothing more annoying than rushing out in the morning and walking between the car and a tree only to have to look like a complete goof for a good 20 seconds as I try to remove an invisible veil from my face. -__-

Another thing that bothers is having to speak English. Yes, it's not that bad. And, no, I don't have a thick, incomprehensible accent. I'm just not used to speaking it and I tend to have to stop for half a second (one of those "uhhh" moments ) until I figure out where I was going with my sentence. Mind you, that happens in French as well. There's also the fact I'm not used to the pronunciation and that I have to repeat a word here and there, though that's nothing to be worried or surprised about.

Thanks
    EP Points

Though it might be a little odd, I have a rather acute phobia of crabs. It takes nothing more than a piece of crab claw or crab shell in close proximity to make me panic and freeze up completely, and I generally end up shaking or in tears if I try going near beaches or fishmongers. There's something about them that I've found unsettling for as long as I've lived. And one day, when I was about four or five, and my brother threw a small one at me when we were at the beach, those feelings seemed to trigger into a full fledged phobia. I don't remember it very well, but I've been told that I screamed, and just went on screaming and screaming for quite some time...

Besides that, I'm very afraid of large crowds of people. It's not severe enough to really be considered a phobia, but I do make a point of avoiding them at all costs. Being in one-to-one conversation with most people upsets me a fair bit too, unless they're of the quiet, gentle, sensitive persuasion. As a general rule, it's worse for me with boys than it is with girls, but...I tend to have problems with both.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Melody View Post
    Though it might be a little odd, I have a rather acute phobia of crabs. It takes nothing more than a piece of crab claw or crab shell in close proximity to make me panic and freeze up completely, and I generally end up shaking or in tears if I try going near beaches or fishmongers. There's something about them that I've found unsettling for as long as I've lived. And one day, when I was about four or five, and my brother threw a small one at me when we were at the beach, those feelings seemed to trigger into a full fledged phobia. I don't remember it very well, but I've been told that I screamed, and just went on screaming and screaming for quite some time...

Besides that, I'm very afraid of large crowds of people. It's not severe enough to really be considered a phobia, but I do make a point of avoiding them at all costs. Being in one-to-one conversation with most people upsets me a fair bit too, unless they're of the quiet, gentle, sensitive persuasion. As a general rule, it's worse for me with boys than it is with girls, but...I tend to have problems with both.
    I'm not sure of your gender, but I hope you're a girl. Because a dude who can't talk one on one with a guy is ok.That's considered gay in some religions. And crabs, hell I understand you being scared of them. They pinch like a bitch dude. I had one slice right through my big toe almost. What am I scared of though? Not really spiders in general, but the deadly ones we have around here. I have 3 or 4 spider webs in my room, but I let them stay because they eat them big ass mosquitos. But when a Brown Recluse or something comes by I gotta kill that bitch. Also, I have the same problem as Evans. I walk into spider webs. When walking between trees or something in the yard or elsewhere I put m arm infront of my face to avoid the web dance. I'm also scared of being left alone. That's my phobia I guess. I can't stand being quite so if I'm alone I tend to go crazy. I'll talk to myself and stuff. That's why I tend to go alot of parties or hangout with friends alot.

Thanks

You'll think I'm crazy...but whenever I'm walking alone in some street at night (say after 11pm) I tend to stop walking and make a quick turn (L1+R1 )to see if someone is behind me. I don't know why, but I always get that "stalker behind me" feeling.

Another thing that bothers is having to speak English. Yes, it's not that bad. And, no, I don't have a thick, incomprehensible accent. I'm just not used to speaking it and I tend to have to stop for half a second (one of those "uhhh" moments ) until I figure out where I was going with my sentence.
    Me too, I'm trying to enter some advanced english level to make my english more fluent at talking.

About crabs...I remembered some stuff that happened some time ago, I went with some friend to a vacation to his uncle's house, it's near the sea, so we could go fishing and stuff.
    We managed to catch some crabs, shrimps and some fishes, but we decided to rest a bit before cooking them for dinner, we stayed at some little house next to the uncle's one, anyway, we got asleep.

Then I felt this horrible pain in my leg, I thought something had bitten me, like a bee or something, I screamed in pain and I woke my friend up, it was all dark and we couldn't see a anything, then he told me: "There's a gun in the drawer!"

I thought it was a big animal or something like that and I felt the drawer in the dark, picked up the gun and I got guided by the noise and my friend found his flashlight, I saw something moving really fast in the floor, and I shot it like four times.

We noticed it was a crab that apparently didn't died after we smashed it several times before throwing it to the bucket. Since that day I can't sleep at ground level, I always get the feeling that something is gonna bite me.

/off topic, sorry.
    Last edited by Fer!; 29th-April-2007 at 02:21.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm mildly scared of tarantula's. I'm scared of huge amounts of water. I'm scared of heights. I'm scared of fugly dogs. I'm scared of huge snakes that constrict. I'm scared of bears that can easily kill me. Umm, s'about it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I'm mildly scared of tarantula's. I'm scared of huge amounts of water. I'm scared of heights. I'm scared of fugly dogs. I'm scared of huge snakes that constrict. I'm scared of bears that can easily kill me. Umm, s'about it.
    Fear of drowning eh? I don't like water can't see the bottom of.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosnake View Post
    Fear of drowning eh? I don't like water can't see the bottom of.
    I suppose. And, I don't know how to swim.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I suppose. And, I don't know how to swim.
    Oh ok. Why not?

Thanks

Churches creep me out. Not the small modern ones, but the old gothic constructions and the massive megachurches. Adelaide has a fair few of both.

Come to think of it, most big temple-type things set me on edge. I'm not sure why that is though.

Thanks

spiders.........ughhhhhhhhhh god im SCARED OF SPIDERS

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Certain surgical procedures.

Every time I hear one being described in detail I get this weird tingle running up my spine (and it's not a good tingle)
    Especially ones that involve the spine (just hearing about how spinal taps are done...brrr)

In every health class, I'd always squirm uncomfortably in my seat at some point during the semester because of something said in the lecture or maybe a video--though oddly, seeing them done, doesn't bother me as much as hearing about it.

Also, if I'm having blood drawn, I can't watch, or I'll start to pass out.
    Seeing other people's blood doesn't bother me though, just mine, and only if it's substantial--so if I cut or scrape myself, that doesn't bother me either.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pirates dc View Post
    spiders.........ughhhhhhhhhh god im SCARED OF SPIDERS
    Eh dog, eh. That just ain't gangsta.

I don't have any fears really. I can be scared, but not easily. I haven't been confronted by criminals with guns, but I have ran from police pointing them at me. I wouldn't say I am afraid of them, but I don't like cops. Another strange thing I don't like is paper towel. I dislike touching them when my hands are dry. I can do it, but I don't like to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    You guy are welcome anytime We have bowling and Steak & Shake. Bring beer. I like beer.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by strongbad View Post
    Eh dog, eh. That just ain't gangsta.

I don't have any fears really. I can be scared, but not easily. I haven't been confronted by criminals with guns, but I have ran from police pointing them at me. I wouldn't say I am afraid of them, but I don't like cops. Another strange thing I don't like is paper towel. I dislike touching them when my hands are dry. I can do it, but I don't like to.
    i dont give a fuck, I hate spiders god i hate those bastards............................ughhh

Thanks

needles and sharp stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker
    I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you, stranger!
    The Demon who makes Trophies of Men