Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The BEST RPG

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
    Vagrant Story? Might aswell add FFXII to this list too, of suckiest RPGs of all time.
    I swear I'LL FUCKING BAN YOU! I WILL I FUCKING WILL

but yeah everyone is entitled to their opinion, the difference is that I think its a good game, and because I'm an admin I'm right

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsetlemming View Post
    I never managed to get into Valkyrie Profile. I had no idea what was going on or what to do, and the time limit was vague and concerning. I want my free time to figure out what the fuck I'm supposed to do, dammit!
    Yeah, I didn't beat it until my third or fourth attempt. The recruitment scenes are so much fun, so I kept skipping the dungeons.

It's real easy though, just press start and go where you're told. There are some secret exceptions though, and the A ending (so awesome) is pretty much impossible to get without using a FAQ. If you play it a second time with a walkthrough you're in for a treat though.

Edit: I love you, Garland. Rapid analysis, accurate judgment, and superb powers of concentration. That is all we need.

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnos View Post
    Yep

Level grinding is part of it, but ability grinding in this case is the main part. the Persona games let each character equip Personas, which are spirit/demon things that grant different special attacks. But they have to be levelled up individually, so every time a new batch become available you'll have to spend time gathering up the resources to buy the new creatures, figuring out which ones are viable, levelling them up and checking to see if you can unlock any new teamup attacks (which are unlocked by having the right element abilities used in the right order during a battle turn. Not too difficult to stumble across, but time consuming). Fail to do any part of that, and the next set of monsters will wipe the floor with you.
    It's not too bad, with a little bit of practice. Or some FAQs. If you want to be a total masochist and not use outside help, you can always use the old turbo controller on the slot machine trick, and buy some solving orbs to help you find the fusion spells.
    "May those who accept their fate be granted happiness.
    May those who defy it be granted glory."

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Vagrant Story. :heyhey:

Edit: Oh, and Super MarioRPG.
    Got close to beatibg SMRPG and played about 2 hours into VS. It was ok I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf Nazis Must Die! View Post
    Those are all excellent games <3. And I don't mean that in a "hey, the taste of this candy bar is pretty excellent" way, rather "I just won a bazillion dollars? Excellent". Oh, and I'd like to add Suikoden III (after playing the first two, mind you) and V. Oh, and I don't believe that any of the mentioned games are very clichéish.

Those games are, however, nothing compared to Valkyrie Profile. It's a totally cliché-proof, unique, one-of-a-kind RPG with an orgasmic storyline and an insanely high replay value.
    What is V.Oh? I might look into Valkyrie Profile. Everyone said it was excellent so I'm curious.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosnake View Post
    What is V.
    Suikoden 5, silly.

Thanks

all of the paper mario games are RPG's

paper mario on the N64, great game but lacks a little in graphics.

paper mario: the thousand year door GC, Just as good as the first but the graphics are wayyyyyy better.

Super paper mario Wii, The best one out of the three ( my oppinion ). It really isn't a RPG but it is classified as a platformer with RPG elements. try any of thoses out if u haven't already.