Thread: Unsure how to play ff7 after downloading...

Thanks

Default Unsure how to play ff7 after downloading...

Sorry I am kind of clueless here, and any advice would be helpful. I downloaded the three ff7 CDs and now I have 3 different folders with 4 files in them. I tried to open the .img files, but it wouldn't work. Do I turn these files into an ISO? I lack a CD burner at the moment, can I play it from my computer with no CD? Also, I am on a mac using the PCSX program to play.

Sorry for bothering you.

I'm in ur head, raping ur cerebral cortex
    Thanks

.img, .bin, .iso, they are all forms of cd images and are all readable by emulators. I haven't used PCSX before, so I don't know if it has a "run iso" option, if it does, use that to select the cd image.

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

It doesn't have a Run ISO option.

You need to mount the CD image to a virtual drive, set the CD ROM plugin to read from the virtual drive, and not your CD/DVD drive, then use File > Run CD to start the game.

Daemon Tools is a program that can create virtual drives on a PC, but I don't think they have a Mac port.

Isn't there a program for the Mac that can create virtual drives? (Is it called Toast?)

Thanks

Well my computer can read any other kind of .img file, just not these. And why did it create 4 files? Do I open up all four? Any ideas why my computer wont open them? I tried it on an OSX 10.2 iMac and an OSX 10.3 Mac Mini.

EDIT: Forgot to say what the error that popped up was: Final Fantasy 7 [CD1][NTSC-U].img failed to mount due to error 95. (no mountable file systems)

I got this same error for all three .img files. The other three files in each folder can't even find a program to open with, because it wont use disk copy. Other .img or .dmg files work fine, and I had a copy images mounted while this happened.
    Last edited by Sandor Clegane; 19th-April-2007 at 01:11.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by SegNin View Post
    It doesn't have a Run ISO option.

You need to mount the CD image to a virtual drive, set the CD ROM plugin to read from the virtual drive, and not your CD/DVD drive, then use File > Run CD to start the game.

Daemon Tools is a program that can create virtual drives on a PC, but I don't think they have a Mac port.

Isn't there a program for the Mac that can create virtual drives? (Is it called Toast?)
    I think alcohol runs on macs correct? If so, it has a mounting tool.

Thanks

Well I am going to try using Toast 7 Titanium to follow SegNin's instructions. I just turned the four files of CD 1 into a single .toast file and mounted it. When I told PCSX to run CD it said: Error! Could not load Cdrom.
    Last edited by Sandor Clegane; 19th-April-2007 at 03:09.

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

You have a CloneCD image (ccd/cue/img/sub)

You need to either load the cue or ccd file into the virtual drive or CD burning app to mount or burn the .img file.

If you try to do it by loading the .img file (which is what you did) there's no guarantee it will work.

Sorry, but I've never used a Mac, so I don't know much about them.

Thanks

Problem solved! I used Toast to make a CD image of the .img file in each folder. Thank you for the help everyone. I probably couldn't have figured this out without your advice.