Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lunar Sega Cd. Cut Scenes and Voice Over problem.

Thanks

Default Lunar Sega Cd. Cut Scenes and Voice Over problem.

Lunar Silver Star Story, I am using Gens.

The voices are not in sync with the characters during the cut scenes.

Is there a fix to this?

I have the ISO and Mp3. Perfect Sync is on as well.

Thank you.
    Last edited by bigmit37; 16th-April-2007 at 20:02. Reason: More info.

Thanks
    EP Points

You might wanna try this emulator. I stopped using Gens ever since I found this one.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3MYX8F01

Thanks

Ooh I love that emulator. Only downside is that emulator doesn't support controllers (unless they updated since I last used it).

Oh and for those of you who are wondering, that is a link to Kega Fusion 3.51.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

Thanks
    EP Points

Oooops, forgot to point that out. Thanks.

I'd help the guy out with Gens, but there's little to be done with that emulator. There are virtually no settings to play with.

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Kega Fusion now has controller support.

Options > Set Config > Controllers > Proceed from there.

Suggest you try it Haldrie as it is better then GENS.

Thanks
    EP Points

The man's right, it does.

It also has a nice netplay feature that doesn't require anything but the emulator and a decent connection.

Thanks

Oh I've used it and I especially love the CD+G support (I was looking for a free Karaoke disc player when I found it). I didn't really mind using the keyboard back when I used it. It's just been a while since I've checked for any updates for some emulators and I haven't had all my emulators installed for a while since I keep switching to a new computer every now and then or having to reformat because of some bug that I can't fix.

[EDIT]
    Oh and cool avatar and sig Evans.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

Thanks

The voice sync is still off in Fusion. I think it's because of the Mp3 files. I think I may need to find a bin/cue file instead and then use a virtual drive. Looks like I will just request one.

Thanks

There is a torrent on underground-gamer that has 1:1 SegaCD rips. I'll see if this game is one of the ones in that torrent.

[EDIT]
    Yes it is in there.
    http://www.underground-gamer.com/details.php?id=7028
    If you want I can try and get it for you or you can sign up to UG and download it yourself (if you're not already a member...registration is currently open).
    Last edited by Haldrie; 17th-April-2007 at 02:58.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Haldrie View Post
    There is a torrent on underground-gamer that has 1:1 SegaCD rips. I'll see if this game is one of the ones in that torrent.

[EDIT]
    Yes it is in there.
    http://www.underground-gamer.com/details.php?id=7028
    If you want I can try and get it for you or you can sign up to UG and download it yourself (if you're not already a member...registration is currently open).
    OMG! Thank you! I just signed up. Looks like I can get Shinning Force CD as well.

I really appreciate you help.

OK, So I got the Bin/Cue file from there. But the problem with this one is that the sound is garbled.

I used Daemon Tools to load it as a CD. Then I used Kega Fusion and used the Generic CD drive option.

Is there anything I need to do?

Thanks.

EDIT: Got it working! I just loaded up the rom, since with Fusion you can load up cue files. Everything is pretty much near perfect. Thanks!
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 17th-April-2007 at 11:16.

Thanks

I still haven't tested it myself yet but I will once I get back from work.

[EDIT]
    It seems to work fine for me. Check your sound settings.

I found out why you're having the sound problem. I'm going to assume it's with the CDDA tracks. You have to use Force ASPI. Open the Fusion.ini file (it may or may not have the .ini extention depending on what your Windows settings are) and scroll down to the section that says "Mega CD/Sega CD Specific". You will see a line that says "ForceASPI=0". Change the 0 to a 1 to enable this feature and it should work for you. Note that you must have an ASPI driver installed for it to work.
    Last edited by SegNin; 18th-April-2007 at 03:22.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

Thanks

I guess you didn't see my "edit" on the post, but I got it working.
    Thanks for your help.

EDIT:

But I have a problem with the game saves. I saved my game yesterday after playing for about an hour or so...but today when I try to load up my save file now I don't see it in the game....

Is there something I am supposed to do with the emulator to retrieve my saved file?
    Last edited by bigmit37; 18th-April-2007 at 08:02.

Thanks
    EP Points

Erm, haven't played in a while, but I recall having to load the game, then load the ram cart I had created. It's in the same drop-down menu, at the bottom.

Thanks

You're right I did miss that edit however, it still sounds like what I said to fix it might work if your playing the game from a CD or mounted image (like I am).

As for saves, Kaga Fusion will generate RAM files based on the settings you choose. It has two options. The first and default setting is to save Per Game which creates a save for each game individually using the game's internal name for the file name. The second is Per BIOS which will create a file for each bios region and save all games to their respective region's RAM file. The name for the US bios is "internal_u.brm" and the name it uses for Lunar is "LUNAR.brm". I hope this helps so you don't have to keep manually loading your save every time.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Haldrie View Post
    You're right I did miss that edit however, it still sounds like what I said to fix it might work if your playing the game from a CD or mounted image (like I am).

As for saves, Kaga Fusion will generate RAM files based on the settings you choose. It has two options. The first and default setting is to save Per Game which creates a save for each game individually using the game's internal name for the file name. The second is Per BIOS which will create a file for each bios region and save all games to their respective region's RAM file. The name for the US bios is "internal_u.brm" and the name it uses for Lunar is "LUNAR.brm". I hope this helps so you don't have to keep manually loading your save every time.
    Ok, I am a little confused as to what your saying. I saved it in-game. In Lunar you can save the game anywhere ( I think) but accessing Nall (The flying cat). So I made a save file.

I tried using the emulator's save states, but it said something like Sega Cd/Mega Cd doesn't support this option.

Now I loaded up the game today, and there was no continue file. I started a new game and tried loading through the new game, but there were no file from yesterday.

Is there something I am supposed to do before I can save on the Sega CD system? I can't seem to find the save file on my computer...though I am 100% sure I save it in game.

Thank you.

EDIT: I see a Lunar.brm file and a Lunar.gso file...but how do I access these in game?