Thread: Rip AMV'S off games

Thanks

Default Rip AMV'S off games

Does anybody here know a way or a program that can rip video content of game discs, as i want to make a music video of legacy of kain:- Defiance.
    Thanks in advance.
    History Abhors a Paradox

Thanks

I'm guessing you mean for PS2 games. There are several programs you can use for this but the process itself is very complicated if you want to do it correctly. The way I do it is to use a program called extractor to scan for all MPEG content on the game disc (or image) and it will find the PSS files on the disc although it won't work for all games such as ones that have encrypted PSS files like Final Fantasy X and Kingdom Hearts.

The PSS files then have to be demuxed to the seperate video and audio streams. The video streams are non-standard so they won't always play properly in Windows Media Player but they will play in DVD player software such as PowerDVD.

I will try and make a tutorial for you but it will take some time. Then again maybe someone else here can give you an easier method. If all else I can download that game and rip the FMVs myself and upload them for you.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

Thanks

For PS1 there is a program that will read the encoded data for many types of data. "psmclite" or somthing like that.

Thanks

Thank you everyone for your help, I will try what you have suggested to me.
    History Abhors a Paradox