Thread: Look out, I'm a newbie!

G-Hawk Guest

Default Look out, I'm a newbie!

Not only is this an intro thread, I have a question, I'm D/l'ing Castlevania SOTN files, and I have the NERO CD burning program and some spare CD-r's, I just need directions as to how and what I burn onto the CD, thanks in advance, guys.

�BoyRSpeC� Guest

Unhappy found this in its help files...

1. If you wish to write a previously created Image File (refer Creating an Image File) select File> Write CD-Image from the menu. The Open list box will open and display the existing NRG files (image files) for you.
    2. Select the file you wish from the list and confirm your selection with the Open command. You will then go to the Write CD dialog box, and the Burn property sheet will be shown on top.
    3. From here, the procedure is the same as for writing a CD-ROM (ISO) or an Audio-CD compilation. You will see several boxes, of which some have already been selected.

All of the preferences may now be examined and changed if necessary.

4. You may now confirm your selections by clicking on the Write button. All of the selected steps will now be carried out in sequence including the burn process. So that you can follow exactly what is happening, a status window is displayed in which the individual steps are listed. As a last step, you will see a message like "Burn process was successful with 2x (300 KB/s)." Finally, the CD will be ejected.
    5. You may now check to see for yourself what was written onto your CD by re-inserting the CD and clicking on the CD-Info icon.

Thanks

AHH! Newbie! *ducks and covers head* Hehe, just kidding. Welcome to the boards, G-Hawk.
    -Mason Gray: Less vowels, same great consonant taste.

G-Hawk Guest

Default Re: found this in its help files...

Originally posted by �BoyRSpeC�
    1. If you wish to write a previously created Image File (refer Creating an Image File) select File> Write CD-Image from the menu. The Open list box will open and display the existing NRG files (image files) for you.
    2. Select the file you wish from the list and confirm your selection with the Open command. You will then go to the Write CD dialog box, and the Burn property sheet will be shown on top.
    3. From here, the procedure is the same as for writing a CD-ROM (ISO) or an Audio-CD compilation. You will see several boxes, of which some have already been selected.

All of the preferences may now be examined and changed if necessary.

4. You may now confirm your selections by clicking on the Write button. All of the selected steps will now be carried out in sequence including the burn process. So that you can follow exactly what is happening, a status window is displayed in which the individual steps are listed. As a last step, you will see a message like "Burn process was successful with 2x (300 KB/s)." Finally, the CD will be ejected.
    5. You may now check to see for yourself what was written onto your CD by re-inserting the CD and clicking on the CD-Info icon.
    I know HOW to burn a cd, I just don't know what I'm supposed to burn. Is it like every file I download of the Iso I save into a folder and burn the folders contents onto the CD?

Thanks

You'll need Clone CD. Nero also works, but I don't know how that works...Just do this:

(of course, first DL the Programm on this site)
    - Just put an empty CD in your burner
    - Then select in the program "Write from image file to disc"
    - Select your burner
    - and there you have it

BTW: Welcomeeeeeee Newbie!
    I'm just a lurker these days, I feel like an 80 year old gramps, watching his grand children play outside *sigh*

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't know how to help with the question at hand. But hiy newbie