Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to play backed up Gamecube games?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    I get to practice on mine, so I don't screw yours up?

Yeah, you'll need the bit. There's a way to melt a pen to get the screws out, but it's always better to have the actual tool to take it apart.

I had to buy a Tri-Wing driver for my Wii chip. I'd rather have it though, than to try to gets the screws out some other way, and end up stripping them out.
    But, why would I need it? There are installers in my area (Or Mod-chip.com lied to me about that...)

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Raqib12 View Post
    But, why would I need it? There are installers in my area (Or Mod-chip.com lied to me about that...)
    Oh, sorry. Then you won't need it

Thanks

Oh, sorry. Then you won't need it
    One last question: Which DVD-R Mini should I use?

http://meritline.stores.yahoo.net/minidvdr.html Here's a list of them here, but I don't know which to get =P, I was going to get a ton of the cheapest, but I don't know if that'll just end up haunting me in the end

Thanks
    EP Points

http://meritline.stores.yahoo.net/minidvdr.html Here's a list of them here, but I don't know which to get =P, I was going to get a ton of the cheapest, but I don't know if that'll just end up haunting me in the end
    I use the Fuji Mini DVD's: http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_g...sterid=5800537

They sell them at K-Mart and Meijer here for between $12 and $14 for a 10 stack. They use the Ritek dyes, so they work perfectly

Thanks

I use the Fuji Mini DVD's: http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_g...sterid=5800537

They sell them at K-Mart and Meijer here for between $12 and $14 for a 10 stack. They use the Ritek dyes, so they work perfectly
    Oh, okay; thanks. I should be set for now.

Thanks
    EP Points

Oh, okay; thanks. I should be set for now.
    No problem

Have fun!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I get to practice on mine, so I don't screw yours up?
    No, it's just that you've soldered before, whereas I've never even touched a soldering iron. If you have problems with it, then I'll end up checking to see if anyone offers an installation service. Y'know, if you can't do it, it's unlikely that I'll be able to.

I'm actually sorta psyched up about the Wii chip. I can finally build up my GC library, plus I can check out Wii stuff as well.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberxion View Post
    No, it's just that you've soldered before, whereas I've never even touched a soldering iron. If you have problems with it, then I'll end up checking to see if anyone offers an installation service. Y'know, if you can't do it, it's unlikely that I'll be able to.

I'm actually sorta psyched up about the Wii chip. I can finally build up my GC library, plus I can check out Wii stuff as well.
    Well, I'll know for certain soon, but I can't see it being exceptionally hard to do. From the looks of things, it should only take about 5 minutes to solder.

I thought it was kinda nice they incorporated Cube backups as well. I could theoretically get rid of my Cube altogether

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,270 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

You can always go for a case mod which will allow you to use full size dvd's which are cheaper than mini dvd's.

I have also read that you can put more than 1 game on a full size disc now which are supported with the newer bioses that are available, although i haven't tried it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well, I'll know for certain soon, but I can't see it being exceptionally hard to do. From the looks of things, it should only take about 5 minutes to solder.
    Yeah, I looked at the installation guides for the Wiikey, and it looked easy enough, but none of them explained the process very well, and the few reviews I've read just go on to say that installation is easy and nothing more.

I wanna see what you have to say about it, and by then you'd be qualified to lend me a hand via MSN or something, if you'd be so kind.

This is all theoretical though, since I never fucking have any money. I'm pretty-much living from paycheck to paycheck at this point.

I thought it was kinda nice they incorporated Cube backups as well. I could theoretically get rid of my Cube altogether
    I'd buy it in a heartbeat if you ever intended to sell it. Well, I'd say I would, totally intending to do so, then some bullshit would happen yet again to keep me from having the money to do it.

Then again, with the Wiikey I shouldn't need it. We'll see. Again, none of this is anything more than idle hope, and on top of all that, I'd have to be comfortable that installation would be easy enough to do that I wont end up essentially flushing $250 down the crapper.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberxion View Post
    Yeah, I looked at the installation guides for the Wiikey, and it looked easy enough, but none of them explained the process very well, and the few reviews I've read just go on to say that installation is easy and nothing more.

I wanna see what you have to say about it, and by then you'd be qualified to lend me a hand via MSN or something, if you'd be so kind.

This is all theoretical though, since I never fucking have any money. I'm pretty-much living from paycheck to paycheck at this point.

I'd buy it in a heartbeat if you ever intended to sell it. Well, I'd say I would, totally intending to do so, then some bullshit would happen yet again to keep me from having the money to do it.

Then again, with the Wiikey I shouldn't need it. We'll see. Again, none of this is anything more than idle hope, and on top of all that, I'd have to be comfortable that installation would be easy enough to do that I wont end up essentially flushing $250 down the crapper.
    The only thing I have read about that you really need to be careful with is the DVD ribbon cable. I don't know if it's extremely brittle, or maybe people just yank it out or something, but if that's the hardest part, we've got it made

Thanks

Wow...read all the posts in this thread and I would say MY DREAMS ARE COMING TRUE

I always thought it would be AWESOME to have a modded Wii which could play backup Wii games AS WELL AS Gamecube games. Believe it or not, I've never played a SINGLE CUBE game ever and am just too desperate to try em out. I always wanted to play Mario Kart, Mario Party games, and Super Mario Sunshine-esque games

I'll read up on this and try to figure out what are my options here in India

Thanx for the GREAT NEWS GUYS
    Last edited by Kazekage Gaara; 8th-April-2007 at 02:46.

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 124 Posts
    EP Points

The Xeno chip for the Gamecube is only $24.95 here http://www.mod-chip.com/en/xeno_gc.php

I *swear* the place I bought my Qoob chip used to sell the Xeno for like $11...but I can't find it now...

I installed my Qoob SX myself, and I am getting ready to install a chip in my Wii too
    Wow, yall are into all that hardcore chip installation/ soldering lol, for my NGC I got lazy and just bought SD launcher and GCoS 1.5.dol then used mini DVDs for IMGburn . Gonna need to tweak my pot soon, but it's much easier for me being a really cheap method lol.
    My inbox IS NOT A REQUEST BOX , if you want to make requests maybe do it here? Someone w/ working links might help you there (I don't do requests obviously, however, feel free to let me know if a DLC file doesn't work* and needs an update ) *ex:"container error"

How to use DLC files? Use Jdownloader
    Still looking for PS2 undubs by any chance? Try searching "PS2 undub project 2.6" @ google, it's hard to miss and you can maybe find most of em in a single search/post .

Thanks
    EP Points

Please don't post in 4 year old threads.