Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to play backed up Gamecube games?

Thanks

Default How to play backed up Gamecube games?

I don't want to get a modchip, and I can't find the Max Drive Pro from Datel; is there any other way? I heard of a way to stream games using Phantasy Star Online, but I don't know any more than that..

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Raqib12 View Post
    I don't want to get a modchip, and I can't find the Max Drive Pro from Datel; is there any other way? I heard of a way to stream games using Phantasy Star Online, but I don't know any more than that..
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/61273
    This is where I first learned to do it. I have a modchip now, but this way works relatively well

Thanks

Well, I'd try a modchip; but I'm limited on money right now.

Plus the risks of installation and the time it'll take. I'll just ask everything now.

Where can I get a cheap but good modchip? How much will I have to pay for installation, and how long will it take?

www.mod-chip.com Was where I was going to look, but my browser is being stupid.

Nevermind, I got to the site but... I'm limited to $30 =/

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,270 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

The streaming method isn't worth bothering with. If you don't want a modchip, then the maxdrive pro is the only other option i know of. You can use an action replay, but it is getting more complicated if you don't have a way to transfer the necessary files to a memory card.

The mod chip is probably the best way, and it's cheap now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jackhammer View Post
    The streaming method isn't worth bothering with. If you don't want a modchip, then the maxdrive pro is the only other option i know of. You can use an action replay, but it is getting more complicated if you don't have a way to transfer the necessary files to a memory card.

The mod chip is probably the best way, and it's cheap now.
    I'm looking through the modchips now, they're pretty cheap; but how much would I have to pay for installation?

Some of them say I can install them myself; but is that really safe?

Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    EP Points

I'm looking through the modchips now, they're pretty cheap; but how much would I have to pay for installation?

I bought mine ready chipped from ebay a while ago. I also have a Maxdrive pro and that works quite well.

Sprung might have a better idea how much Cube chips/fitting cost in the US.

Edit 1: @ Sprung, aren't you supposed to be watching the entire Voyager collection tonight?

Edit 2: @ Sprung, you've swapped the posts around...Yours was before mine, hence edit 1...
    Last edited by Jackhammer; 7th-April-2007 at 17:16.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, I'd try a modchip; but I'm limited on money right now.

Plus the risks of installation and the time it'll take. I'll just ask everything now.

Where can I get a cheap but good modchip? How much will I have to pay for installation, and how long will it take?

www.mod-chip.com Was where I was going to look, but my browser is being stupid.

Nevermind, I got to the site but... I'm limited to $30 =/
    The Xeno chip for the Gamecube is only $24.95 here http://www.mod-chip.com/en/xeno_gc.php

I *swear* the place I bought my Qoob chip used to sell the Xeno for like $11...but I can't find it now...

I installed my Qoob SX myself, and I am getting ready to install a chip in my Wii too

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jackhammer View Post
    I bought mine ready chipped from ebay a while ago. I also have a Maxdrive pro and that works quite well.

Sprung might have a better idea how much Cube chips/fitting cost in the US.

Edit: @ Sprung, aren't you supposed to be watching the entire Voyager collection tonight?
    Wait, if yours is all ready chiped.. Would you mind selling your Max Drive? I'm probably going to end up getting the Xeno chip if I can't get yours off of you =P

Edit: There's a working chip out for the Wii? Where might I get that?

Thanks
    EP Points

Wait, if yours is all ready chiped.. Would you mind selling your Max Drive? I'm probably going to end up getting the Xeno chip if I can't get yours off of you =P

Edit: There's a working chip out for the Wii? Where might I get that?
    He's got 2 Gamecubes. I doubt if you could pry that Marive out of his cold. dead hands

EDIT: www.wiikey.cn Not bad for $39

Thanks

Hmm, I'm going to have to get one soon... So, I'm stuck with getting Xeno, eh? How much would I have to pay for installation?

Thanks
    EP Points

Hmm, I'm going to have to get one soon... So, I'm stuck with getting Xeno, eh? How much would I have to pay for installation?
    That depends on where you are, and what services are offered from the place you purchase it. I'm in the midwest, and there are no places to get one installed (that I know of) so I had to do it myself.

I think Polobunny has a Xeno chip. You might send him a PM and ask him how the installation went. I don't think it's all that hard to install.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    I installed my Qoob SX myself, and I am getting ready to install a chip in my Wii too
    Let me know how that works out. I'm interested in installing a Wii chip as well, especially as they allow you to play GC backups as well as Wii backups, but I'm wary of doing it. I've never soldered anything in my life.

Hey, you should totally do it for me. I'd even pay you.

Thanks

That depends on where you are, and what services are offered from the place you purchase it. I'm in the midwest, and there are no places to get one installed (that I know of) so I had to do it myself.

I think Polobunny has a Xeno chip. You might send him a PM and ask him how the installation went. I don't think it's all that hard to install.
    Well, I guess I'll get this and Undiluted Platinum...

Would I need to get the Gamecube screw bit?

Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    EP Points

He's got 2 Gamecubes. I doubt if you could pry that Marive out of his cold. dead hands

EDIT: www.wiikey.cn Not bad for $39
    I've got 4 Gamecubes, people donate them..srsly. Also 2 Xboxes and someone is trying to give me another because it needs a scart lead.

I'm keeping hold of my maxdrive, they are like rocking horse shit now.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberxion View Post
    Let me know how that works out. I'm interested in installing a Wii chip as well, especially as they allow you to play GC backups as well as Wii backups, but I'm wary of doing it. I've never soldered anything in my life.

Hey, you should totally do it for me. I'd even pay you.
    I get to practice on mine, so I don't screw yours up?

Well, I guess I'll get this and Undiluted Platinum...

Would I need to get the Gamecube screw bit?
    Yeah, you'll need the bit. There's a way to melt a pen to get the screws out, but it's always better to have the actual tool to take it apart.

I had to buy a Tri-Wing driver for my Wii chip. I'd rather have it though, than to try to gets the screws out some other way, and end up stripping them out.

EDIT: also...I recommend you stick with the mini-DVD's too. I had a replacement top case, which let me use full sized DVD+R's....it was pretty crappy. They don't make them well, and it barely fit. I finally took it back off, and just switched to burning the games on mini DVD-R's.
    Last edited by Sprung; 7th-April-2007 at 17:35.