Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PS1 Games on PS2

Thanks

Question PS1 Games on PS2

My friend's modded PS2 can't play regular PS games, it just goes to a black screen. It was already modded when he got it, so I don't know if it could ever play PS games, but it most likely could.
    Anyway, since regular PS games don't work, if I burnt a PS game, like FFVII, with Alcohol 120% and the setting PS2 game, would it work?

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

I doubt it.

If you buy a Breaker Pro, you'll then be able to play burnt PSX games.

Thanks

Well, usually what happens is majority of the PS2 modchips (whichever the brand) are set to "boot PS2 games" at default, so even if you put a PSone game, the modchip would think you are trying to boot a PS2 game and thus the blank/black screen. Most modchips have a certain way of booting PSone games.

I have a Magic V 50k modchip and its set to boot PS2 games as default. If I need to boot a PSone game, I need to switch off the PS2 and then when starting it up, keep holding the Power Button (Red Light) until the Blue Eject light lits up, thereby "putting the modchip in PSone mode" and then it boots up PSone games just fine.

So I would recommend you to determine which modchip you have installed on your PS2, go to its website and determine what is the method to set your modchip in PSone mode. Follow the instructions correctly, and your PS2 should boot PSone games just fine
    Last edited by Kazekage Gaara; 7th-April-2007 at 16:00.

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks

It's the slim PS2, so there isn't a eject light, but I'll try it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DoodCrazy View Post
    It's the slim PS2, so there isn't a eject light, but I'll try it.
    You have to make sure which modchip you have coz the method differs from modchip to modchip

So, which modchip do you have ???

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks

It's my friend's, so I'll call him up and ask him. If he doesn't know, I'm screwed then. Unless I open it up myself to check, but I'll sure I break something...

EDIT--
    All I got was that it was red. I guess I'll do random things and see if anything changes.
    Last edited by SegNin; 7th-April-2007 at 21:12.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by DoodCrazy View Post
    It's my friend's, so I'll call him up and ask him. If he doesn't know, I'm screwed then. Unless I open it up myself to check, but I'll sure I break something...

EDIT--
    All I got was that it was red. I guess I'll do random things and see if anything changes.
    Dude just use ePSXe or buy a breaker pro disc. You won't regret it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Btw you mentioned about burning the psx games with the same ps2 setting, well is right if you mean the ps2cd games setting, because they share the same setting.

Thanks
    EP Points

Thirding the Breaker Pro...

Thanks
    EP Points

Forthing the Breaker Pro.
    Or ePSXe/pSXFin.

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Uh, when you boot PSX games on my brother's PS2 you have to press the circle button.. or is it the square? Uh.. yeah.

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nazis From Mars 2 View Post
    Uh, when you boot PSX games on my brother's PS2 you have to press the circle button.. or is it the square? Uh.. yeah.
    Yes that is how you boot PSone games when you have a DMS4 modchip. As I said, the method differs from modchip to modchip.

Don't really know much about the Breaker Pro, so can't say much on that

Thanks
    EP Points

Just get a cheap modded PSX, work out easier and cheaper in the long run.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daaaaaaan View Post
    Just get a cheap modded PSX, work out easier and cheaper in the long run.
    That is by far one of the BEST options even I would recommend you I remember selling my PSone so I can get myself a brand new PS2. After playing like hundreds of PS2 games, I started missing some of the classics that I thoroughly enjoyed on the PSone, so I bought myself a modded PSone Problem solved

You know you guys can call me UBER LUCKY. I owed one of my friends $20 and he had bought a modded PSone around six months back. He didn't like it I really don't know why and he lost all the cables and had fucked up the controllers, etc, etc. All that was left was the modded PSone console itself, which was in excellent condition. I told him to give me that console and we are even and that DUMB FUCK AGREED

Now am using all the accessories of my PS2, like the controllers, the video cable, etc. All I needed to buy was a brand new power adapter and am back to my old psone games......hmm....the nostalgia

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kazekage Gaara View Post
    You know you guys can call me UBER LUCKY. I owed one of my friends $20 and he had bought a modded PSone around six months back.
    Did your friend ever mention to you where he got the modded PSOne? If so, I'm hoping it was by any means other than eBay. I was thinking of ordering a Stealth 4 chip for my PSOne, but would much rather get a pre-modded one...kinda got tired of using the PSX-Change boot disc
    Last edited by StormShadow; 9th-April-2007 at 17:45.