Thread: PS2 Complete Swap Magic Disc Compatiblity list

Thanks
    EP Points

Default PS2 NTSC-U/C Swap Magic 3.6 Compatiblity list

It has come to my attention that after this thread: OMG that we need a complete compatibilty list for Swap Magic Discs.

Some may say that this thread is not neccessary, but not everyone here can afford a mod chip (hence why most are here, they can't afford the games either). This is to help people make a decision on whether to get a mod chip or to go with Swap Magic.

I'm aware there are compatibility lists all over the net, but here at home (EP) we should make our own epic discoveries so we know for sure if a game will work. (i.e. test each game in our list ourselves)

Oki here's how this is gonna work pretty self explanatory. You burn a PS2 game and run it in your PS2 and boot it with Swap Magic and if it works. Post back here so I (or a staff member) can constantly update the list.

Please DO NOT pull a game list from any other site. We need to do our own testing to verify exactness. No we won't get this done overnight due to the overwhelming library of the PS2.

This is a NTSC-U/C Compatibility List only.

Be sure when you post a game to tell us:
    1.) the name of the game
    2.) the region
    3.) the slus #
    4.) if it worked or not
    5.) if you had to do anythinig special to it to get it to run (like patching for example)
    6.) be sure to note if you tested a DVD-9 to DVD-5 converted rip or if it was a PSCD to PSDVD convert

So for example, a posting may look like this:
    Armored Core 2 [NTSC-U/C] [SLUS-20014] Works Fine.

Staff please sticky this. This can come in handy.
    Last edited by Ktiger41; 3rd-April-2007 at 15:01.

Thanks
    EP Points

Now for the letters:

#-

A-

B-

C-

D-

E-

F-

G-

H-

Thanks
    EP Points

I-

J-

K-

L-

M-

N-

O-

P-

Q-

Thanks
    EP Points

R-

S-

T-

U-

V-

W-

X-

Y-

Z-

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

I know you want to make your own list, but there are other lists already on the net which info you could check and update with the newer games or games not listed there to make this list we are starting now the most complete out there:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/176791
    http://www.elotrolado.net/showthread...hreadid=261139 (in spanish)

Why make this NTSC-U only? it could cover all the regions indicating it when a new entry is posted. More people, myself included, would contribute if it were all regions and not just restricted to one region. Not to mention it would be way more useful, just a suggestion.
    Oh, and it doesn't need to be pinned, it will be added to the Sony index and the compatibility notes thread as we always do with these threads.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    I know you want to make your own list, but there are other lists already on the net which info you could check and update with the newer games or games not listed there to make this list we are starting now the most complete out there:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/176791
    http://www.elotrolado.net/showthread...hreadid=261139 (in spanish)

Why make this NTSC-U only? it could cover all the regions indicating it when a new entry is posted. More people, myself included, would contribute if it were all regions and not just restricted to one region. Not to mention it would be way more useful, just a suggestion.
    Oh, and it doesn't need to be pinned, it will be added to the Sony index and the compatibility notes thread as we always do with these threads.
    So your saying we should add to thier lists? And where is this sony index and comaptibility notes thread you speak of?

Seems like this thread is a bust huh?

Thanks
    EP Points

Not a bust but pretending to make a complete SM compatibility list when it's only for NTSC-U... it would be kind of incomplete and there's no point in making another compatibility list if it's not going to be more complete than the ones we already have at our disposal.
    Now if it included all the regions, it would be more complete and more people could add their entries. I have hundred of games myself, I don't mind to make a post whenever I test a game, but I usually play PAL games, not NTSC-U. If you prefer to keep it NTSC-U only, then go ahead with it, but at least change the thread title.

The Emulator and Hardware Guides/Compatability Notes and the Sony System guides are both pinned threads in E.E.

Thanks
    EP Points

oki lemme tweak this thread around a bit. Also whoever put my name in the first link you gave me spelt my name wrong. they wrote Ktiget41 when its supposed to be Ktiger41.

Thanks
    EP Points

That was me, sorry, it's fixed now.

Thanks
    EP Points

Actually I now see this to be a waste of time. Cookie you may have the honors of the locking this thread and deleting it form the Emulation guide page er whatever as well. I posted this in my own forums so cheers.

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

We'll keep this up for now.

If you change your mind, let us know, and we'll unlock it.