Thread: Pokemon Fire Red not working

Thanks

Default Pokemon Fire Red not working

Whenever I try to start up the game on my emulator hte whole screen is blank and white and for a brief second it says Loaded Battery in the bottom left corner in red then leaves. This is all that happens. Any information would be helpfull , thanks.

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Go here:
    http://www.epforums.org/local_links.php?catid=5

Download vba-over.ini and follow the instructions given.

Thanks

Thanks alot.

edit--
    I must be doing something wrong, still isn't working
    Last edited by SegNin; 2nd-April-2007 at 03:11.

Thanks

Did you extract the vba-over.ini file from the .zip file?

[EDIT]
    ...and did you delete the .sav file that was created when you loaded the rom?
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

Thanks

Yes I extracted it from the .zip but I am not seeing a .sav file

edit--
    ahh there it was and I deleted it , not its working : D, thanks guys
    Last edited by SegNin; 2nd-April-2007 at 03:12.

Thanks

Anytime. Also try not to double post next time. Just edit your previous post.

[EDIT]

The fact that all exsisting save files need to be deleted first should be added to the instructions for using the vba-over.ini file and it should probably also be updated with some of the newer games that need special save modifications to work.
    Last edited by Haldrie; 2nd-April-2007 at 03:35.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

Thanks

I am also having the same problems trying to run Pokemon Ruby. I downloaded the vba-over.ini file thing and also extracted it to the same folder as VBA emulator. Im currently using VBA-Beta for my emulator. Ive obviously done somthing wrong to begin with but im not exactly sure so hears what ive done so far. I downloaded and put vba-over.ini and saved it in my main emulation folder. After doing so I then opened vba-over.ini with winzip then right clicked vba-over.ini and then keeped the default settings which were selected files in the files box and also the use folder names box was ticked. I then clicked on my folder containing my VBA emulator and extracted the file to that location. After doing that a document called vba-over configuration settings apeared I left that there. Then after that I tried to play the pokemon ruby game I set the save type to Automatic and also the flash to 64K. I opened the VBA from its folder with the vba-over configuration settings document in the same folder. After opening it with winzip I then opened up the visual boy advance and clicked on pokemon ruby but nothing came when the VBA loaded just a plain white screen. After doing that I closed everything and found a .sav file in the same folder and pokemon ruby was in. I then deleted this file and tried to open the VBA again but still it didnt work. I cant work out what Im doing wrong exactly. My VBA works fine I can play most other games on it fine but I just cant seem to get Ruby going. Does anyone have any clues as to what I may be doing wrong exactly cause I dont have much of an idea.

I know it was a massive post but I really wana get this working any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

The vba-over.ini has to be extracted from the zip file not opened in it. It is only a text file and it has to be in the same folder as VBA or VBA will not read it when it is opened. Opening the file from the zip file only extracts it to a temp folder for viewing. You do not have to open the vba-over.ini file for it to work. You only have to have it present in the same place as the VBA executable for it to work. EXTRACT the file and try again.

Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

Thanks

Oh ok im not to good with computers sorry. So what im doin at the moment is opening vba-over.ini in the folder when i should be extracting it from the zip ? could you please explain what I have to do for this in idiot terms if you could cause im not sure how to do it. Also in my folder the vba file thing is only caleed vba-over not vba-over.ini like yours will this make any difference? I added a file which has my screen shot of my folder I wasnt sure how to just have the picture in my post like you did but yeah it shows my folder that im trying to extract vba.ina to.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by shane1988; 9th-April-2007 at 06:48.

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

You have vba-over.ini extracted, you just don't have VBA (the emulator itself) extracted.

Extract the VBA emulator to a folder, then move the vba-over.ini file (which is the small 3 KB file that says Configuration Settings) to the same folder where you extracted VBA.

So, now you should have 3 files in that folder:
    VisualBoyAdvance
    vba-over
    COPYING

Personally, I would add a folder named roms too.

Also, once you start VBA, it will create one more file: vba.ini (don't confuse this with vba-over.ini)

Here's what your VBA folder should look like:

Thanks

Thanks you so ver very much! ive been trying to get this working for so long and now I finally have thanks heaps much appreciated.