Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What makes a person attractive to you?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default What makes a person attractive to you?

Over the last few years, it's been gradually dawning on me that I have little to no sexual awareness. That I'm not very interested in sex at all, and that even my interest in people relationship-wise rarely extends beyond a desire for gentle platonic friendships. I've always been very closely bound to my family, having moved around a lot as a kid, so I...sort of have trouble viewing those that I'm close to as anything but brothers and sisters. It doesn't really bother me, but the idea of sex, or even of intimacy, with such people just seems sort of odd, irrespective of their gender. The only sort of relationship that comes naturally to me is that of family. I sort of always figured that I'd 'grow into' that part of life, but I'm twenty one and a half now. If I'm a late bloomer, then I'm a really late bloomer.

With that in mind, I'm sort of curious to know what draws you to a person. Not necessarily just from a sexual standpoint, but from a purely platonic one as well. Are there certain traits, whether they be physical or mental, that make you want to know a person better, that attract you, sexually or otherwise? What do you look for in potential friends? Is it the same as what you look for in potential boyfriends / girlfriends, or different? Are physical appearances important to you with a boyfriend or girlfriend? What about just with friends?

On the other side of things, are there any traits that really drive you away from people, things that you simply cannot tolerate? Would you, for example, not date a girl with big glasses and braces, or not befriend an otherwise nice guy who has a high pitched, immensely irritating laugh? What sort of things are horribly unattractive to you?

And...yeah. Other stuff like that.
    Last edited by Harmony; 1st-April-2007 at 15:25.

Thanks
    EP Points

I LIKE HUMONGOUS BREASTS ON A GIRL I MEAN HUUUUGEE!!

Only kidding, I tend to find that I have only really opened up to the opposite sex, I mean for a lot of my early life I thought girls were to much effort, effort I was not willing to expend, but as time grew I tended to find that the odd girl would grab my attention and it wouldn't be any random girl, it would be a friend that I knew for a long time, I suppose for me, I have to feel confortable and safe before I totally opened up to someone, and i suppose that goes the same way for dating. Sucky I know but fuck you I'm an admin

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Personality. I'm not a very confident guy, so honestly, the prettier a girl is, the more intimidated I am. However, if she's got a good personality, then it helps me to loosen up and go for the kill, so to speak. Or not. I'm not a ladies man like Jase.

Really though, personality is where it's at. It can make a plain looking girl all the more attractive. That's not to say that looks don't factor in, but I'm long past the point in my life where that's all I'm interested in. Unfortunately though, most girls I've met these days are pretty-much superficial, with few redeeming qualities. And since I'm not like 6 foot five with rippling muscles, most girls don't even give me the time of day. The one down-to-earth girl I met not too long ago was married, though the relationship was on it's last leg. There would've been something there given time, but she decided to give it one more try, and I was happy for her.

So yeah, there you have it.

EDIT: Fapbunny? Who the hell are you?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Fapbunny View Post
    Somehow I knew I'd get one response like that. Thanks for getting it out of the way right off the bat. ^_~

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony View Post
    Over the last few years, it's been gradually dawning on me that I have little to no sexual awareness. That I'm not very interested in sex at all, and that even my interest in people relationship-wise rarely extends beyond a desire for gentle platonic friendships. I've always been very closely bound to my family, having moved around a lot as a kid, so I...sort of have trouble viewing those that I'm close to as anything but brothers and sisters. It doesn't really bother me, but the idea of sex, or even of intimacy, with such people just seems sort of odd, irrespective of their gender. The only sort of relationship that comes naturally to me is that of family. I sort of always figured that I'd 'grow into' that part of life, but I'm twenty one and a half now. If I'm a late bloomer, then I'm a really late bloomer.

With that in mind, I'm sort of curious to know what draws you to a person. Not necessarily just from a sexual standpoint, but from a purely platonic one as well. Are there certain traits, whether they be physical or mental, that make you want to know a person better, that attract you, sexually or otherwise? What do you look for in potential friends? Is it the same as what you look for in potential boyfriends / girlfriends, or different? Are physical appearances important to you with a boyfriend or girlfriend? What about just with friends?

On the other side of things, are there any traits that really drive you away from people, things that you simply cannot tolerate? Would you, for example, not date a girl with big glasses and braces, or not befriend an otherwise nice guy who has a high pitched, immensely irritating laugh? What sort of things are horribly unattractive to you?

asexual!

Anyway that's not a problem, more choice for me.
    Hmm traits... I don't know i'm generally just kind with people, I try to take people as they come.
    Physically I don't have an ideal partner in mind, all girls welcome to try.
    What keeps me is honesty and forgiveness. It's rare those days to find someone that will really say what they think and that will forgive you for all those small errors you make. Most people will just dig in further to annoy you apparently, then come back and whine they didn't make it on purpose...

Girls should note I love legs. Alot.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Fapbunny View Post

Only kidding, I tend to find that I have only really opened up to the opposite sex, I mean for a lot of my early life I thought girls were to much effort, effort I was not willing to expend, but as time grew I tended to find that the odd girl would grab my attention and it wouldn't be any random girl, it would be a friend that I knew for a long time, I suppose for me, I have to feel confortable and safe before I totally opened up to someone, and i suppose that goes the same way for dating. Sucky I know but fuck you I'm an admin
    My post is the same as Theo's, except for the "only kidding" part...and all that gibberish in the 2nd paragraph. Otherwise, yeah, what he said.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Are there certain traits, whether they be physical or mental, that make you want to know a person better, that attract you, sexually or otherwise?
    Basically the person just needs to be able to have a good time. Major downers are not my thing. Not to say I always hang with hippies and so forth, but when 5 o clock hits, I'd prefer to party or do some shit, instead of hearing how "today was bad, I'm depressed, etc. etc." every day. Occasionally, sure. But constant whiners... Basically I just prefer people who are fun to hang around with. They can make jokes, attend parties, hang at a bar, or even just chill with me and some dudes while gaming/watching a movie. As long as they aren't a pain in the ass I'm cool with them. Jerks are also not appreciated. I can take a joke or deal with some mean pranks and crap, but having to put up with some guy who takes things way too far is not something I enjoy.

Although I've been told I can get along with pretty much anyone and be a friend to everyone.

Sexually I tend to prefer much the same thing. Except she also needs to be hot. And probably have great knockers.

What do you look for in potential friends? Is it the same as what you look for in potential boyfriends / girlfriends, or different?
    Pretty much the same. My belief is that if I enjoy hanging around with a girl, I'll probably enjoy dating that girl and being alone with the girl. Pretty much I dislike the idea of dating someone who's a bit of a drag. I also tend to prefer having a bit more in common with girls I'm dating than I do with the average friend.

Although if I'm just looking for sex, she just has to be hot and be willing to ride the ray rod. And having great tits is a definant plus.

Are physical appearances important to you with a boyfriend or girlfriend?
    Yes. Hey if I can't look at her without feeling the need to poke out my eyes with the nearest sharp object the relationship isn't going anywhere.

What about just with friends?
    Absolutely not. At least not to my knowledge. I've "hung out" with some really fucked up looking guys. Like huge visible scars and stuff. Or dudes with missing fingers and stuff. Not exactly model material.

And before you ask, no I'm not a pirate. Well not THAT kind of pirate.

On the other side of things, are there any traits that really drive you away from people, things that you simply cannot tolerate?
    General assholery, emoness (that whole "I'm so down on myself" thing), and a severe dislike of all things fun (namely drinking, loud music, and all night video game sessions). I find it hard to be around people who always have to bring up their problems like they're the only ones that have things hard. Again, not saying I can't be around people who mention their problems, just that people who never shut up about them annoy the hell out of me.

Would you, for example, not date a girl with big glasses and braces,
    Is she still hot? Would she be hot without those glasses and braces? Do we get along well and generally enjoy the same things? Does she get along with my closest friends? Do we have any mutual friends (preferably people in one of the upper groups of my friend pyramid)? If the answer to at least two of these things is yes, I probably would.

or not befriend an otherwise nice guy who has a high pitched, immensely irritating laugh?
    That wouldn't be an issue with me. I think. I've had to put up with some pretty crappy laughs in my time (I swear one of my cousins has THE most annoying laugh ever. It's a combination of snorting and squealing. It sounds like a pig is getting sodomized and killed at the same time. Really). Didn't stop me from hanging out with him in our younger days. Nor did it prevent him and/or my friends creating some hilarious situations, usually involving a large peice of wood, a set of wheels and a large hill. Or a couple dozen packs of those "caps" (for those of you unfamiliar, picture really weak explosives that could be bought at any corner store ever), a paper envelope (or a discarded pen), a (usually swiped from the smoking older brother) lighter, and a random object. Good times.

What sort of things are horribly unattractive to you?
    Disgustingly over/underweight. Hugely fat chicks or girls who look like they're from some third world country are out. I also have a slight problem with the height on some girls. I'm not requiring tallness or anything, it's just that having to bend over or kneel down to see them face to face is kind of odd. And then there's the sex...

I'm sure everyone but sprung gets where I'm going with this.

I also dislike attention whores. The "I want to be with you 24 hours a day 7 days a week" girls. Sure the novelty is there at first, but that shit gets annoying. Plus they're hard to ditch because they tend to get extremely clingy and pull the sympathy card a lot. Apparently all of those girls have some reason why they can't be alone. Or some reason why by ditching them for being a pain in the ass you're the bad guy.

Wall O' fucking text eh?

Mikey_ Guest

-If he/she doesn't have a sense of humor.
    -Smells.
    -Doesn't really know what they want from me/us after a few weeks (friendship/sex/relationship/nothing, etc..)
    -Doesn't have a lot of patience.
    -If he/she likes country music.
    -If he/she is selfish.
    -If he/she enjoys spending their time being sexual teases.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by "Ray" View Post
    Basically the person just needs to be able to have a good time. Major downers are not my thing. Not to say I always hang with hippies and so forth, but when 5 o clock hits, I'd prefer to party or do some shit, instead of hearing how "today was bad, I'm depressed, etc. etc." every day. Occasionally, sure. But constant whiners... Basically I just prefer people who are fun to hang around with. They can make jokes, attend parties, hang at a bar, or even just chill with me and some dudes while gaming/watching a movie. As long as they aren't a pain in the ass I'm cool with them. Jerks are also not appreciated. I can take a joke or deal with some mean pranks and crap, but having to put up with some guy who takes things way too far is not something I enjoy.

Although I've been told I can get along with pretty much anyone and be a friend to everyone.

Sexually I tend to prefer much the same thing. Except she also needs to be hot. And probably have great knockers.

Pretty much the same. My belief is that if I enjoy hanging around with a girl, I'll probably enjoy dating that girl and being alone with the girl. Pretty much I dislike the idea of dating someone who's a bit of a drag. I also tend to prefer having a bit more in common with girls I'm dating than I do with the average friend.

Although if I'm just looking for sex, she just has to be hot and be willing to ride the ray rod. And having great tits is a definant plus.

Yes. Hey if I can't look at her without feeling the need to poke out my eyes with the nearest sharp object the relationship isn't going anywhere.

Absolutely not. At least not to my knowledge. I've "hung out" with some really fucked up looking guys. Like huge visible scars and stuff. Or dudes with missing fingers and stuff. Not exactly model material.

And before you ask, no I'm not a pirate. Well not THAT kind of pirate.

General assholery, emoness (that whole "I'm so down on myself" thing), and a severe dislike of all things fun (namely drinking, loud music, and all night video game sessions). I find it hard to be around people who always have to bring up their problems like they're the only ones that have things hard. Again, not saying I can't be around people who mention their problems, just that people who never shut up about them annoy the hell out of me.

Is she still hot? Would she be hot without those glasses and braces? Do we get along well and generally enjoy the same things? Does she get along with my closest friends? Do we have any mutual friends (preferably people in one of the upper groups of my friend pyramid)? If the answer to at least two of these things is yes, I probably would.

That wouldn't be an issue with me. I think. I've had to put up with some pretty crappy laughs in my time (I swear one of my cousins has THE most annoying laugh ever. It's a combination of snorting and squealing. It sounds like a pig is getting sodomized and killed at the same time. Really). Didn't stop me from hanging out with him in our younger days. Nor did it prevent him and/or my friends creating some hilarious situations, usually involving a large peice of wood, a set of wheels and a large hill. Or a couple dozen packs of those "caps" (for those of you unfamiliar, picture really weak explosives that could be bought at any corner store ever), a paper envelope (or a discarded pen), a (usually swiped from the smoking older brother) lighter, and a random object. Good times.

Disgustingly over/underweight. Hugely fat chicks or girls who look like they're from some third world country are out. I also have a slight problem with the height on some girls. I'm not requiring tallness or anything, it's just that having to bend over or kneel down to see them face to face is kind of odd. And then there's the sex...

I'm sure everyone but sprung gets where I'm going with this.

I also dislike attention whores. The "I want to be with you 24 hours a day 7 days a week" girls. Sure the novelty is there at first, but that shit gets annoying. Plus they're hard to ditch because they tend to get extremely clingy and pull the sympathy card a lot. Apparently all of those girls have some reason why they can't be alone. Or some reason why by ditching them for being a pain in the ass you're the bad guy.

Wall O' fucking text eh?
    Zypher II

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    -If he/she doesn't have a sense of humor.
    -Smells.
    -Doesn't really know what they want from me/us after a few weeks (friendship/sex/relationship/nothing, etc..)
    -Doesn't have a lot of patience.
    -If he/she likes country music.
    -If he/she is selfish.
    -If he/she enjoys spending their time being sexual teases.
    That too.

Well except perhaps that country music bit.

EDIT- AND THE HE PARTS!

Whew, that was a close one, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by The other bunny. Not polo
    Zypher II
    Can it.

And sell it as "the new improved theo".

Then when people complain, bring back classic theo.
    Last edited by Raype; 1st-April-2007 at 18:14. Reason: I can't believe I didn't notice that sooner.

Thanks

I mixed up about the things that I find attractive on people...I kinda like silent girls...you know, those that don't go blah blah without taking any breath and not stop talking about "HAY GURLZ YESTERDAY WAS HOTT SHOPING IS AWESOME LOL", I mean, if I notice this quiet girl in the back of a classroom/whatever, I'm kinda attracted to get near her and say Hi or something.

Now, on the other side, I like a girl that has a good personality, kinda like Cyber said, and while I don't think I'm a hideous horrible creature, I'm not a model or a regular "cute guy", so yeah, I have the bad luck of knowing many superficial girls, I'm not too much of a ladies man, but I kinda have the damn problem of always becoming the friend of the girls.

Still, about physical stuff, I like girls with dark hair and good legs. XD, they aren't absolutely neccesary, but I sure like how they look.

Also, I like when a girl wears glasses, sometimes they really look good using them.

Oh yeah, gaming girls = Hotness.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberxion View Post
    EDIT: Fapbunny? Who the hell are you?
    That's TheotheImpaler.

Anyway here's my honest opinion:

Internal Traits:
    1.) Good sense of humor (she laughs b/c its truley funny not b/c you expect her to laugh at all your half assed jokes)

2.) personality. (See has to be socially compatible. I'm computer oriented. SO obvoisusly a prissy material girl who has more super model looks won't click at all with me. But cheearleaders and popular girls have a 50% chance with me b/c I was a 3 year varisty athlete back in my day.)

3.) Trust and Respect. (This is a no brainer)

Now for Physical Traits, lets be realistic:

1.) Pretty face. (I'm serious I mean the whole face. The nose has to sit well with the eyes. the chin can't be getting crazy etc...)

2.) Smooth Hair Blonde or Brunette or Brunette with blonde highlights or vice versa (No other combos)

3.) Not fat, but not skinny either. Somewhere in the middle.

OMFG... I just subconsciously described my g/f. Wow... anyhow these are teh main points.

Thanks
    EP Points

The criterias for physical beauty changes from one person to another, so what you find good looking might not be for someone else.
    But yeah there's general beauty guidelines you can't escape.

A good sense of humor is something I forgot to say. It's needed, cause if she doesn't laugh at my cheesy jokes i'm going to be mad pissed.

Thanks

OMFG... I just subconsciously described my g/f. Wow... anyhow these are teh main points.
    Snesorama much? Just kidding.

You know...I agree in what you said about describing your girlfriend, obviously you find her hot and whatnot, same happened to me, funny thing is, that when it comes to physical stuff I have never liked the same type twice. I mean, my first girlfriend was really thin (the petite type, or I like to say, healthy skinny. ) used glasses and had brown long hair. My last girlfiend was completely different and now I like a girl...yeah, completely different.

The more I think about it, I guess I don't ask too much when it's about physical stuff, mostly because don't have the right to be picky.
    One thing that I really ask, is that the girl keeps care of herself, to be well groomed.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah if you're hanging with someone you find ugly, there's a problem. =P

I'm not picky either, though unlike you I could... but anyway I pretty much just want someone good looking. It's nothing in particular, there's those people that look good to you on first sight, I want someone like that.