Thread: Sound issues with Megaman Legends

Thanks

Default Sound issues with Megaman Legends

Well I'm not really the social type when it comes to the internet, but I was just bothered enough by this to ask for help Anyways, I am using ePSXe to run an ISO of Megaman Legends and I'm having a similar problem to one I saw posted earlier. When I played the game initially I could not get any sound in the capcom logo or the cutscenes. In the main menu and during gameplay the sound was fine but any of the cutscenes that didn't use dialog boxes just wouldn't play any sound at all. So naturally I went and configured the sound options and I checked off all the boxes. This appeared to solve the problem at first but I soon discovered that all I really acomplished was getting the sound to work for a few seconds before cutting out. The sound during gameplay is still perfect but the cutscenes will only play sound for a couple of seconds. The sound plugin I'm using is called ePSXe SPU core 1.5.2. if that helps at all. Thank you for any help you can give me cuz this is driving me nuts!

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Try PEOpS DSound:
    http://www.pbernert.com/html/spu.htm#DSOUND

Then for ePSXe go to Config > Sound > choose PEOpS Dsound > then enable Sound, CDDA Sound, and XA Sound only.

Thanks

Ok I tried the new sound plugin and configured it as you said but while I like the new plugin better, it didn't resolve the issue. Any other ideas?

Thanks
    EP Points

My copy does the same thing.

My copy also has a few hundred errors, but they're in the subheader, so I believe those errors are intentional (part of the game's copy protection)

I'm going to extract every XA (sound) file and play them to see if they're all good.

To understand what the heck I'm talking about, read this:
    http://haldrie.com/cdmage.html

Thanks

Ok, let me know how that goes if you wouldn't mind.

Thanks
    EP Points

The XA files are fine.

Here's how you solve the sound problem:

Download Daemon Tools 3.47 from here (it's free): http://www.filehippo.com/download_daemon_tools/?236
    Make sure you get 3.47, and NOT the newest one.

First, install and configure Daemon Tools to create a virtual drive on your computer. After doing that you should see a small icon in your system tray that looks like a lightning bolt. Right-click on that lightning bolt, choose "Options", and make sure there's a check mark next to "Analog Audio". <--- very important

Now this time left-click the lightning bolt icon, and click where it says "Device ## No Media", then choose either the .ccd, .mds, or .cue file by double-clicking it.

Now, for ePSXe if you haven't already installed P.E.Op.S. CDR plugin, then get it from here:
    http://www.pbernert.com/html/cdr.htm

And unzip the contents to your ePSXe plugin folder.
    Now open ePSXe by double-clicking it, and click Config > Cdrom > Select P.E.Op.S. CDR Driver 1.4 > Configure.
    For Interface, if you have Win98 or WinME, then choose W9X/ME - ASPI scsi commands
    For Interface, if you have Win2000 or WinXP, then choose W2K/XP - IOCTL scsi commands.
    For Drive: choose Generic DVD Rom V1.0
    For Read Mode: Try Auto Detection.
    Leave everything else alone.

Now you're ready to play the game.
    Start ePSXe, go to File > Run CDROM.
    And your game should start.
    Last edited by SegNin; 31st-March-2007 at 22:31.

Thanks

Alright thanks alot the sound works fine now for the most part. The only real problem is that the sound seems to fall behind during the cutscenes, though I might be crazy. I don't remember this happening in the original game so I'm wondering if mines running fast or something. But anyways, thanks again, having the sound in the cutscenes puts a smile on my face akin to Max Payne's.