Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games (Wii, DS)

Thanks
    EP Points

Default So, Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games (Wii, DS)

I'm sure most of us have heard about this game by now. If not, check out these links:

http://www.sega.com/gamesite/marioandsonic/index.php Official site

http://ncroal.talk.newsweek.com/default.asp?item=546590 Interview with Nintendo's Perrin Kaplan and Sega's Simon Jeffery

http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/fe...00500000000028 Interview with Nintendo's George Harrison and Sega's Simon Jeffery

Now, I know a lot of people think this is an April Fool's joke (that being another reason I hate April Fool's...People disbelieve true stuff that just happens to be announced on or around April Fool's). It's totally not. There's no way Sega and Nintendo both would go to this much trouble over a mere joke.

Now that that's out of the way, what does everyone think of this? I think it' great, personally. Quite historic, and such, that Mario and Sonic finally have a game together. It's being developed by Sega Japan, which isn't really a GREAT sign, but Miyamoto has a very active supervising role in the project, so if he has anything to say about it, this game WON'T suck.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphis Cain View Post
    There's no way Sega and Nintendo both would go to this much trouble over a mere joke.
    I wouldnt know about that, Blizzard, made screen shots, starting grounds and even had "beta testers" go around saying Wisp's where the new race in the Xpac (Wisps are little balls of light which happen when a Elf dies) Told every major gaming site, and had them convinced, only to find out 3 days after it was all a joke....

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jase View Post
    I wouldnt know about that, Blizzard, made screen shots, starting grounds and even had "beta testers" go around saying Wisp's where the new race in the Xpac (Wisps are little balls of light which happen when a Elf dies) Told every major gaming site, and had them convinced, only to find out 3 days after it was all a joke....
    WoW doesn't count. Everyone knows WoW's a drug, not a game.

That being said, not only has news about this game been on every major gaming site, but also in USA Today (the US's biggest nationwide newspaper) and Newsweek. It's real, for sure, it's just that that fucking retarded "holiday" is coming up so people won't believe anything newly announced until Monday.

Thanks
    EP Points

WoW doesn't count. Everyone knows WoW's a drug, not a game.

That being said, not only has news about this game been on every major gaming site, but also in USA Today (the US's biggest nationwide newspaper) and Newsweek. It's real, for sure, it's just that that fucking retarded "holiday" is coming up so people won't believe anything newly announced until Monday.
    Get your fix, you know you want to.

If it is true, then why the fuck are they like there? Aint like Sega and Nintendo namely Jap/USA? =/ What do they gotta do with China?
    If you wanted to promote the gaming in China, they should have Gold farmers as the mascots, only thing China's good for IMO.

It SRSLY makes no sense. *shrug* Bastards should put a Panda up there.

Thanks
    EP Points

Get your fix, you know you want to.

If it is true, then why the fuck are they like there? Aint like Sega and Nintendo namely Jap/USA? =/ What do they gotta do with China?
    If you wanted to promote the gaming in China, they should have Gold farmers as the mascots, only thing China's good for IMO.

It SRSLY makes no sense. *shrug* Bastards should put a Panda up there.
    It just so happens that the Olympics are in China in 2008. If the Olympics were in Sidney in 2008, that's where the game would be set. The point was to make an Olympics-themed game, not a China-themed game.

And LMAO at gold farmers. I've heard it's fun killing them, since they don't fight back.

Thanks
    EP Points

It just so happens that the Olympics are in China in 2008. If the Olympics were in Sidney in 2008, that's where the game would be set. The point was to make an Olympics-themed game, not a China-themed game.

And LMAO at gold farmers. I've heard it's fun killing them, since they don't fight back.
    BUT PANDAS!!!!
    SRSLY thou, why promote it as Bejing, couldnt they just promote it like the old school C64 games?
    All you really need is the rings to make it look real deal. *shrug* Adding the countrys name seems sorta pointless.

Its more fun asking them questions, because they dont understand you

Thanks
    EP Points

BUT PANDAS!!!!
    SRSLY thou, why promote it as Bejing, couldnt they just promote it like the old school C64 games?
    All you really need is the rings to make it look real deal. *shrug* Adding the countrys name seems sorta pointless.

Its more fun asking them questions, because they dont understand you
    Promoting it as "Beijing 2008" gives it a connection to the upcoming Olympics. Hell, they'll probably do some crazy-ass cross promotion with the Olympics or something. Plus, in recent years, the country's name and that particular year's logo have taken precedence over the traditional five-rings Olympic logo as the official Olympic logo. I remember back in 2004, the "Athens 2004" logo was almost everywhere the Olympics were discussed, not the five rings logo.

And srsly, do the Chinese gold farmers sell all that gold on eBay or something?

Thanks
    EP Points

Promoting it as "Beijing 2008" gives it a connection to the upcoming Olympics. Hell, they'll probably do some crazy-ass cross promotion with the Olympics or something. Plus, in recent years, the country's name and that particular year's logo have taken precedence over the traditional five-rings Olympic logo as the official Olympic logo. I remember back in 2004, the "Athens 2004" logo was almost everywhere the Olympics were discussed, not the five rings logo.

And srsly, do the Chinese gold farmers sell all that gold on eBay or something?
    =/ I think rings is better, shit i cant even remember what the Aussie Logo was, and i was at the fucking touch lighting....

Yeah, ive gotten a fair few Emails asking for my account to be "rented"
    Pretty much, i can get paid $50 US, if i let them rent it for a week OR if i let them rent it for one nite, i get 50 gold.

Thought about it, but didnt go through with the risk of them stealing it and all, i mean 50 bucks is my fee for another 3 months....

Thanks
    EP Points

=/ I think rings is better, shit i cant even remember what the Aussie Logo was, and i was at the fucking touch lighting....

Yeah, ive gotten a fair few Emails asking for my account to be "rented"
    Pretty much, i can get paid $50 US, if i let them rent it for a week OR if i let them rent it for one nite, i get 50 gold.

Thought about it, but didnt go through with the risk of them stealing it and all, i mean 50 bucks is my fee for another 3 months....
    I don't have much more to add here...Just wanted to point out how awesome it is that we just had two conversations at the same time, in the same thread. Heheh.

Thanks

italy will win all the medals in the olimpic gaems!! we have very good players in every thing sonic is not good to win us and it is very short and he cant swimn
    this is a very funny game to paly i am sure

Borly the supersayin definitive!

EVER BODY SORRY

Thanks
    EP Points

I dont know what to say.

I'm exited yet aprehensive at the same time.

I dont even know if that was the right word to use.

But yeah.

I'm in ur head, raping ur cerebral cortex
    Thanks

I know I'll download it when it's dumped, wouldn't get caught dead buying an 'olympic games' game irl.

Thanks

The only thing that dissapoints me is that this will propably be yet ANOTHER mini game fest for the wii of which alreay take up about 1/4 of the games currently out for the system.

Thanks

Whoever thought it was an April fools day prank lives under a rock. China has been excited since the day the heard that the Olympic games were going to be held there, they have been preparing since to win medals so watch out if they win them all.
    I love tekken.

Thanks

Um..

Are you implying that someone thought that the 2008 olympics were a big joke?

I don't know you, you're not my friend.

I'm full of good ideas..