Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Creater of Ocarina of Time 2D has died

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsetlemming View Post
    And then Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny will reveal themselves to be real and give everyone toys and candy!
    Yay!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by "Ray" View Post
    http://www.wunderground.com/history/...q_statename=NA

Weather for the last 3 days in melbourne australia. For those of you who are tl;dr all over the place, 1 cm in three days.

Dampe's Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Cause of death: Driver slipped on wet road.

Okay, so now we're going with the possibility that he happened to be walking near some randomly wet road when a driver came along, slipped, and hit him.

Yeah.

I'm not buying it.
    o.O Its rained in Melbourne? Since when? News to me.... 1cm of rain is really fuck all, i mean its enough to make a car unstable, but still fuck all.

Quote Originally Posted by "Ray" View Post
    We're waiting for the aussies to come online. I think one lives near melbourne (jase I think). Now we just need to track down "dampe'" 's home address.
    Yeah, i can do it. Give me his full name (Cant be fucked goin back a page to look for it) and i'll ring his house.

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Jase, you might want to click Cyber's link.

Here's another one.
    http://squidnews.com/2007/04/01/damp...akes-his-death

Looks like this was all a hoax.

edit--
    This pretty much cinches it:
    http://www.gamingw.net/forums/index....topic=58796.40

Scroll down till you find the posts by people who claim to have chatted with him.
    Last edited by SegNin; 1st-April-2007 at 00:21.

Thanks
    EP Points

DED.
    Or, not dead.
    Fucking asshole.
    As I was walking down the stair,
    I met a man who wasn't there.
    He wasn't there again today.
    I wish, I wish he'd go away.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jase View Post
    o.O Its rained in Melbourne? Since when? News to me.... 1cm of rain is really fuck all, i mean its enough to make a car unstable, but still fuck all.
    Actually I misread that. Turns out it was closer to 1mm, about a day before the "accident".

Yeah, i can do it. Give me his full name (Cant be fucked goin back a page to look for it) and i'll ring his house.
    Richard Denton. Just look for the long line of angry nerds. That's probably his house.

Yeah, so looks like the internet detectives have just scored another one. Internet 1 Fake death dude 0.

Now I've gotta go load up that OoT rom and prepare the greatest internet fad since "Irwin killed by stingray"

EDIT- It needs work, but I'll get around to it later. Here's a draft:

Last edited by Raype; 1st-April-2007 at 06:44.

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

LOLOLOL I knew it!

EDIT: The "Dampe is dead" news at http://monkeypro.net (OoT2D host) is gone. BUSTED!
    Last edited by crusher; 1st-April-2007 at 08:05.

Thanks
    EP Points

I can go beat the shit out of him, SRSLY i'll be liek "This is for EP you fucking cunt" SHZAM!

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Do it Jase. In the name of justice and piracy! :O

Thanks
    EP Points

Eh? what happen?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by TheotheImpaler View Post
    Eh? what happen?
    This is the tale of Dante and the big fucking lie...

In the year of 2 millenia and seven, a boy named Richard Denton got bored of working on a 2D version of OoT. So he staged a fake death, putting one of his offline friends (or a dummy account, depending on how you look at it) in charge of making it look real, by posting fake info about a car accident. Apparently "Dampe" as RD calls himself online, had been flattened by a car which "slipped on wet road". The forums were then closed, and people were pointed to another forum to "hang out in" since since the OoT2D project is over now that the lead is dead, and the family of Dampe wanted the forums (and everything related to his project) closed. The project was discontinued. Also, a warning was given "talk or ask about OOT2D and we'll ban your ass" warned Revenant (Dampe's offline friend). This news spread through the internet. Promising young programmer mowed down at such a young age? How sad. Or how full of bullshit, as some of us thought.

As with all E deaths, the immediate response was "Pics or BS". Pics were denied. Upon further investigation, e-detectives pointed out holes in the story. No mention in the local news about him dying. EXTREMELY little rain for a few days prior to the accident. His account was logged in AFTER he died. His police report was rediculous "Oh, his last words were "I love you" to his girlfriend" instead of "his last words were "yeah, I'll pick up some milk on the way home" "or something. Also, the fact that the project was totally discontinued just because one person from it died was odd, as was the fact that the family knew about the project and requested the site be taken down.

Eventually further digging proved that he was lying, including shit like his other accounts on youtube and MSN being logged in after he died, and several people talking to him after he died through MSN, where he said he faked his death to get out of the project. And now that news is all over the internet.

Or something along those lines.

Thanks
    EP Points

Oh, I thought it was an april fool trick, still another 14 hours to say from where I'm from, but if it was a way just to get out of a project why can't someone simply say "I'm sick of this project someone else take over"

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by TheotheImpaler View Post
    Oh, I thought it was an april fool trick, still another 14 hours to say from where I'm from, but if it was a way just to get out of a project why can't someone simply say "I'm sick of this project someone else take over"
    He's australian. It's a bit late for "April fools!" there. Well unless this is one of those "we'll admit it the day after" things.

Also, the fact that he could have said that was used as an excuse for why he couldn't be lying. My belief is that faking his death just made more sense, and would be funnier if you were "in on it" like him and Rev were. I picture a bunch of asshole kids reading the "aww, RIP dampe " and laughing over their Pepsi's (the cola of evil!) and ruffled potatoe chips (the chips of evil!) which were probably dipped in sour cream (the dip of evil!). Also, it's something an asshole would do, and it avoided the possibility people would nag him into continuing the project. Even though getting past this problem is as easy as closing the forums and changing your e-mail and MSN add. Which he apparently did. So I guess it was just for the sake of attention whoring.

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't like attention whores its just me, I tend to find drawing attention is bad enough when people gossip about you enough as it is.

Thanks
    EP Points

So it's been proven, then? God, what a complete asshole. Seriously. You don't toy with people's emotions like that for such petty, selfish reasons. It's just not right. =/ I know that some people will say that he was under a lot of pressure, but that's a totally pathetic excuse. Why not try just saying that you don't want to work on the project anymore? At worst, all that people can do is insult you. Heck if you don't even want that, just disappear altogether. It's not difficult to do. Get a couple of new addresses, start going by a different username, and you're set.

Besides which, what an incredibly stupid asshole. If he was going to fake his death, he could have left the message board open, left the page up, gotten a new MSN address, and maybe pulled it off. Pulling down the site was majorly suspicious, and only made people ask questions. Had he left it up, people would have been way less inclined to pursue the matter. And signing into MSN after you've allegedly 'died'? Not...really the smartest idea. :eyeball:

It'll serve him right if this is memed to death. I protested against the Irwin memes because I felt that they were cruel, and in bad taste, making light of a good man's death. But this guy has it coming, as nothing could possibly be in worse taste than telling people you're dead to save face. Bastard.