Thread: PSP upgrader without GTA

Thanks
    EP Points

Default PSP upgrader without GTA

Before following this; if you have a 2.50 or 2.60 firmware you MUST have the GTA game. I've been busy for about 2 hours I guess making this manual, if you have issues with my manual, sorry but I let people check it for me and they said it's done pretty great.

Here goes!!

PSP upgrade to 3.10
    Disclaimer: Doing this might brick your system, you take ALL responsibility if you PSP bricks or doesn't function anymore. These programs are free and have no warranty. If you just bought your PSP and bricked it you might get lucky to return it as long you don’t tell them you fucked it up.
    If your PSP is bricked, this is your own responsibility by reading and following this manual you automatically agree to it.
    As most of you all known, the PSP is able to play downloaded games without any kind of modchip. This manual is for those who don’t have the unpatched Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories or GTA: LCS in short. I’m making this manual for people that also don’t have a mini USB cable.
    What do you need to have?
    - Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP, durr =P)
    - Memorystick (The one you get with your PSP is the best)
    - A/C Adapter (This is a must, battery must be above 75%)
    - PSP upgrader 2.71
    - PSP downgrader 2.71 to 1.50
    - PSP upgrader 3.10 OE-A
    - PSP game (demo disc is fine too)
    - PSP mini USB cable (Relax! It’s optional!)
    - A PC with a card reader built-in or an external one.
    At first you’ll be identifying your PSP firmware; this is a must to see if you need that GTA game to pull it off. When you boot your PSP go to your System Setting, go to System Info you will be able to identify what firmware you have. If it’s firmware 2.81 or above sadly you will have to need to use a GTA LCS to continue. This manual is for those under that firmware.
    Now to identify your PSP motherboard, to see if you got a TA-081 or a TA-082 motherboard in fact it’s more for checking if your PSP is able to get a modchip, but we aren’t going to do that. Below here is a picture to see what kind of motherboard you have.

It’s tricky to see what you have shine a bright light on it to identify it.
    If you have the TA-082 then you’re ok to go, I don’t know about the TA-081 since I only have 1 PSP and it has the TA-082.
    Going onwards, you’ll now need to download the 2.71 upgrader which can be downloaded on this link http://dl.qj.net/Firmware-2.71-PSP/p...8046/catid/163. After downloading it, make sure you formatted your memorystick using your PSP, put the downloaded file on your memorystick in the map /PSP/GAME/UPDATE while having your memorystick in your pc. If the map doesn’t exist just create it. Make sure the downloaded file is named EBOOT.PBP, after that put the memorystick into your PSP make sure your A/C adapter is connected to the PSP before continuing. After you done that go to your memorystick under GAME it’s mostly seen as a Playstation Controller. Select the upgrader and follow instructions. After upgrading it turn off your PSP and remove the memorystick and place it back into your pc.
    Now for the downgrading, you will have to use the 2.71 to 1.50 downgrader which can be downloaded with the following link http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/755. Yes it’s an .exe file and no you don’t need a USB cable. After downloading the file make sure your memorystick is placed into your card reader after that start the downgrader.

When booting up you will see this picture, select English and continue.

The usual warnings, read it its important.

Due to the mystery me having a TA-082 and still succeeding in downgrading, anyway this is a warning if you still agree to proceed go for it. If not stop reading this, it’s a warning which I ignored and perhaps with luck succeeded.

Ignoring the Microsoft Sam voice, if you wish. Before seeing the image above you will get 2 questions.
    Question 1: Is your PSP compatible?
    Question 2: Make sure you have a 2.71 before continuing, with another warning of bricking.
    When you agreed to both you will get the image above, for the USB people connect your PSP with the mini USB cable and select on what drive your PSP is assigned to.
    For the people without a USB cable, like myself. Place your memorystick into your card reader. If you already did, you’re a fast one huh. Ok same goes for the memorystick select the drive where the memorystick is located. As seen in the picture below, it will copy the files to your PSP/memorystick.

After this is done, it will ask you to remove the USB cable and click next. Remove the memorystick for those who have it. Place your memorystick into your PSP; keep the A/C adapter hooked up!! Go to your Photo Menu on the PSP, if you select the file that’s found in it and the screen goes red it means you did a good thing; let the PSP stay red DO NOTHING DON’T TOUCH THE BUTTONS. If it’s done the PSP will shutdown, when booting you will get an error message. (No it’s not damaged that’s how it goes.) Press O to continue.
    This happened to me, if you go to your Photo Menu and select the memory stick. When it freezes it means something went wrong, format your memorystick using the PSP formatter on your PSP and start the 2.71 to 1.50 downgrader again and let it install on your memorystick again. This might be the same for the USB users.
    The PSP needs to be reconfigured again, after that go to your System Information to see if you got the 1.50 firmware.
    Now for the final step the upgrade to 3.10 OE-A, format your memorystick on your PSP first before continuing. Put your memorystick back into your PC; download the upgrader with the following link http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1049. When booting the program it will ask you to connect your PSP, for the USB people go ahead, for the memorystick users stick in the memorystick into your PC. It will automatically think you connected your PSP, the button install will appear. Let it install the files to your memorystick/PSP, after that place the memorystick into your PSP and boot the file found on the memory stick in GAME. The PSP will now upgrade to 3.10.
    After rebooting your PSP check your System Information if it says 3.10 congrats!!! You successfully installed the firmware and now are able to play downloaded games, if you have a downloaded game with the .iso file type you can either leave it like that or compress it to a .cso which will make the file smaller. Put it into the ISO folder and boot it from GAME selecting your memorystick.
    If your PSP is bricked, this is your own responsibility by reading and following this manual you automatically agree to it.
    Do not ask me where to download games or how to use homebrew, use Google it appears to be your best friend!!

Special thanks to:
    [Cracker]
    Slade
    alcaholjunkie (For keeping me busy while [Cracker] was gone)
    HT` (For the same)
    Dark_AleX (For his firmware and great skills)
    Rage (For making the manual, yes that’s me)
    All those who didn’t make this manual (For pissing me off enough to make one.)

This doesn't have the pictures for the manual WITH download from Here
    Last edited by Rage; 26th-March-2007 at 09:23.
    I am so ninja, I fart in your cereal while you are still eating it.

Hax'd:
    PS3 Slim OFW
    PS4 OFW
    Nintendo Wii U 32GB Black Premium

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rage For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

This should be in the FAQ section
    /mod

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by D4N13L1991 View Post
    /mod
    Serious? BUmmer I thought it really should be in here, since my EZ Flash V manual is in the Nintendo section and no one said anything about that.

Hax'd:
    PS3 Slim OFW
    PS4 OFW

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,269 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

Nice work. +rep

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by D4N13L1991 View Post
    /mod
    Moved to the correct section, although it may get moved to this sub-section later:
    http://www.epforums.org/console-modi...f92/index.html

I'd have moved it there already, but I think we already have a similar guide here:
    http://www.epforums.org/downgrade-ps...227/index.html

And I think your guide Rage needs its format to be a bit more polished (compare it to that other guide, and you'll see what I mean.

Still, your guide does look thorough and the info is valid, so + rep from me too.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by SegNin View Post
    Moved to the correct section, although it may get moved to this sub-section later:
    http://www.epforums.org/console-modi...f92/index.html

I'd have moved it there already, but I think we already have a similar guide here:
    http://www.epforums.org/downgrade-ps...227/index.html

And I think your guide Rage needs its format to be a bit more polished (compare it to that other guide, and you'll see what I mean.

Still, your guide does look thorough and the info is valid, so + rep from me too.
    That's the guide for with the GTA game this one doesn't need it. It's also for people that don't have the mini USB cable like myself to make it easier since I couldnt find it anywhere on google. But thanks for the rep Ill try to fix up the manual perhaps even make a quick guide.

Hax'd:
    PS3 Slim OFW
    PS4 OFW

Thanks

Damn am so confused right now....

According to this link....

http://forums.qj.net/f-guides-hacks-...ide-90919.html

Which is deemed the "Ultimate downgrader guide" you DO NOT NEED the GTA up until PSP firmware v2.80 (aka if you have firmware v2.80 OR LOWER you don't need the GTA and only need it if its higher than v2.80)

But according to your guide/what you say, you need GTA even for v2.50 AND v2.60 ???

Am confused The reason am asking is am gonna get ma PSP as soon as I get my paycheck (around 10 days left) and I had set my mind on getting a PSP uptil v2.80 OR LOWER so I don't need the GTA but you're saying otherwise.

PS: Just so you know am gonna get one from the local grey markets here in India and the people from whom am gonna get ma PSP are gonna let me open the box and check it out and even check the firmware, etc, etc.

So....am I missing something here ???

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kazekage Gaara View Post
    Damn am so confused right now....

According to this link....

http://forums.qj.net/f-guides-hacks-...ide-90919.html

Which is deemed the "Ultimate downgrader guide" you DO NOT NEED the GTA up until PSP firmware v2.80 (aka if you have firmware v2.80 OR LOWER you don't need the GTA and only need it if its higher than v2.80)

But according to your guide/what you say, you need GTA even for v2.50 AND v2.60 ???

Am confused The reason am asking is am gonna get ma PSP as soon as I get my paycheck (around 10 days left) and I had set my mind on getting a PSP uptil v2.80 OR LOWER so I don't need the GTA but you're saying otherwise.

PS: Just so you know am gonna get one from the local grey markets here in India and the people from whom am gonna get ma PSP are gonna let me open the box and check it out and even check the firmware, etc, etc.

So....am I missing something here ???
    Lol when you check the firmware and its 2.50 or higher tell em you want a lower firmware? Ive asked some people around for that matter and seems the manual I saw about it was just a big fat lie, great --; I can change it already. Besides its best to get one below 2.80 not 2.80 itself 2.71 would be great means you'd have to do less.

Hax'd:
    PS3 Slim OFW
    PS4 OFW

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    Lol when you check the firmware and its 2.50 or higher tell em you want a lower firmware? Ive asked some people around for that matter and seems the manual I saw about it was just a big fat lie, great --; I can change it already. Besides its best to get one below 2.80 not 2.80 itself 2.71 would be great means you'd have to do less.
    I went from 2.80 > 1.50 > 3.10 OE-A on a TA-82 motherboard without GTA

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    Lol when you check the firmware and its 2.50 or higher tell em you want a lower firmware?
    No. Just go and buy it from another grey shop who has one at 2.80 or lower. There are just SO MANY OF THEM SHOPS

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    I went from 2.80 > 1.50 > 3.10 OE-A on a TA-82 motherboard without GTA

I just love that goddamn smiley Captures the excitement just fine
    Last edited by Kazekage Gaara; 25th-March-2007 at 23:36.

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks
    EP Points

Ok I updated the post, the manual will be updated when im home.

EDIT: Ive been thinking about it. I think I will edit the big long version which is already made and make a "light" version for the quick workers or the lazy people (Like me =P) that wants everything done fast
    Last edited by Rage; 4th-April-2007 at 12:37.

Hax'd:
    PS3 Slim OFW
    PS4 OFW

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The link for this thread is not active here: http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...-system-guides

Thanks
    EP Points

sent a pm to Zorlon asking if he adds it back up.

Hax'd:
    PS3 Slim OFW
    PS4 OFW

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

I just did it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Ah thanks Cookie Monster, we can always count on you

Hax'd:
    PS3 Slim OFW
    PS4 OFW