View Poll Results: What do we do?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • We definitely should do something this year.

5 71.43%
  • Pranks are for children. And you smell.

0 0%
  • I don't really have any ideas, but I'll go along with what you guys decide.

0 0%
  • I'm not really interested in it this year, nor will I participate.

2 28.57%
Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: April Fools Prank 2007

Mikey_ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberxion View Post
    In typical Cyber fashion, I've sorta pushed the subject. I really do need to leave though, so my part in tonights opening salvo is complete.
    You're very good at this. I should look up older April fools pranks done by the EP staff.

Thanks

Eh.. it was kinda.. obvious and.. yeah, people will know something's up if you start typing in broken english.

Just one thing.. if cyber was admined without proper discussion.. who did it/discussed it? Sprung? Cosmic? Anyone?

I don't know you, you're not my friend.

I'm full of good ideas..

Mikey_ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nazis From Mars View Post
    Eh.. it was kinda.. obvious and.. yeah, people will know something's up if you start typing in broken english.

Just one thing.. if cyber was admined without proper discussion.. who did it/discussed it? Sprung? Cosmic? Anyone?
    Mm. It doesn't really need to be properly discussed, I mean, it wouldn't be the first time anyone here has been promoted/Adminned without proper, let alone, any sort of discussion.

Thanks

True, but it's still unusual. That'd require an admin to really go along with cyber, supporting him and stuff (at the early phases atleast). Methinks it'd be more believable if two or three admined had agreed to it.. then, we don't have that many active admins.

I'm full of good ideas..

Mikey_ Guest

True, but it's still unusual. That'd require an admin to really go along with cyber, supporting him and stuff (at the early phases atleast). Methinks it'd be more believable if two or three admined had agreed to it.. then, we don't have that many active admins.
    You're right. You should be one of the director's of this.

Thanks
    EP Points

I was going to comment on the "Admin of Mikey", but I figure it's better to let it slide for now.

Let it build up.

Mikey_ Guest

I'm off for the night. I hope more staffers will get involved in this.

Thanks
    EP Points

HAH! perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Jase View Post
    Its a sign from above, The great Admin of admin's god is not happy about the promotion!!!

So, should we start a little betting ring on what the fall out will be IF Micky does get promoted?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Borman View Post
    You guys can always "ban" me I can start crap if needed
    I was supposed to be the banned one. I'm better at going crazy than Borman. Sorry, Borman.

Thanks
    EP Points

It seems yall have some pretty good scenarios. Someone needs to write up a script of sorts.

Thanks

Well, the difficult part remains... how do we make Cyber abuse his powers and fall out with the rest (well, not everyone) of the staff?

And, again, who admins him?

Do we Admin him before or after the weekend, btw? I say before.

I'm full of good ideas..

Mikey_ Guest

Well, the difficult part remains... how do we make Cyber abuse his powers and fall out with the rest (well, not everyone) of the staff?

And, again, who admins him?

Do we Admin him before or after the weekend, btw? I say before.
    I agree, before this weekend would be good, now that many of the regulars have seen talk of a promotion.

I'm thinking maybe MasJ chose to Admin Cyber. Or Sprung. One of them would be the most ideal for the job. As for the fall outs, the first one to feel his wrath on the staff would be me. I get pissy over his promotion and his tyrant ways (I don't wanna seem that petty!], then I think you (Elmdor) eventually comes in during or after my situation (after Cyber has begin to show his tyrant side) and you defend those he's gone after, or reprema...no, that's not your style. You defend those who he goes after, I think that's best. He may take that as you going against his word/decisions, makes some remarks about your modding skills, and demotes you, or possibly bans you. While this all goes down, you make funny as hell threads about Cyber's tyrant ways.

Cyber should also, after being Adminned, make it seem as though everyone should hang on to his every word. Everything he says is correct, and final, in his view, because he's an Admin. It'd look convincing also if Sprung and Cyber go at it. I recall a thread a while back about anime, where Sprung and Skinner went at it (sorry to bring that up, but it's for the sake of an example), that's the sort of thing I think should happen. Maybe one of us makes a dummy account, makes a thread in the wrong section, asking for something we shouldn't....Cyber kind of comes in, locks it before anyone can get a word in, and threatens to ban the noob. Sprung comes in and sort of indirectly repremands Cyber, while going against his decisions by re-opening the thread, editing out whatever from the OP's first post, etc.

Edit: Also, I think sometime after the Sprung/Cyber confrontation, Cookie may want to publicly disagree with some of Cyber's decision making. But not be confrontational. That's not Cookie's style. Ragnar and Josh, I think they can go against Cyber's decisions also, publicly or otherwise, although I can see Josh doing it publicly, and both get demoted or banned.

By the way, anyone on the staff who does actually get banned, should create the dummy accounts, PM Sprung or any other of our Admins and give them access to the Lounge so they know what's up. But make sure they're not like, accidentally added to the Forum Leaders Page.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 31st-March-2007 at 18:59.

Thanks

I like it.. lots. You're thinking the right way, Mikey. Everyone has to act the way they would've.

So, sprung, (Cosmic could work aswell, if he's around MasJ seems to be busy..) you're up for admining Cyber? Then, I'm not sure if we actually have to make it public that you did it, but it's a nice back-up if someone brings it up.

Edit: Another thing. When we're fighting, don't be afraid to bring out the big guns. It's all for kicks and giggles, and we shouldn't have to hold back against each other.

I'm full of good ideas..

Thanks
    EP Points

It all sounds good to me. I can do the adminning of Cyber, but if I am to disagree with his tyrant ways, what would keep me from demoting him again right away? I think it would be better if we act like Cosmic or MasJ did it, and it was as much a suprise to me as anyone else. Or, we can just not reference WHO did it. We all act like it was a suprise.

Or, it could be an accident. I know when I ban FPA's I have to be careful not to srcoll the wheel to get to the bottom of the page after I set them to 'banned my moderator'. If the dropdown box is still the active target, it will just scroll the box instead of scrolling the page down to where I can save the user settings.

Either way, I can do the actual Adminning, and we can work out the details for the story line.

Mikey_ Guest

It can be that Sprung made Cyber an SAdmin. That would then mean that only MasJ can demote him for his tyrant ways. Yeah, I agree with you Elmdor. For this, when the time comes, we pull out all the stops, and not take anything personally. It's all for shits and giggles.