View Poll Results: What do we do?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • We definitely should do something this year.

5 71.43%
  • Pranks are for children. And you smell.

0 0%
  • I don't really have any ideas, but I'll go along with what you guys decide.

0 0%
  • I'm not really interested in it this year, nor will I participate.

2 28.57%
Page 1 of 47 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: April Fools Prank 2007

Mikey_ Guest

Default April Fools Prank 2007

Soo, are we going to do anything this year? It'd be my first time with you guys so be gentle. I'd be up for whatever you guys decide. We got some good suggestions from Cookie, Cyber, and Sprung before. I think we should discuss this further since time is passing pretty quickly, and if we execute these plans too close to April 1st, well, no one will fall for it. :\

One of the ideas were for Cyber to be promoted to SMod before I, and I go apeshit, and we both go apeshit together publicly. Another was Cyber being promoted to Admin, with him demoting a few staff members, which causes a rift within the staff.

What ideas do you guys have, if any? Thoughts of the ones I mentioned?

Thanks

I definitely think we should do something this year, it's been a while.

I like the Cyber-Admin-idea, as it'll involve the most people. We just have to make sure to get things going soon, it'd be kinda obvious if we admined him the day before.

We just have to think up a valid reason for people to be demoted. Uh, maybe have someone sign up a second account, have cyber flame the and ban that fakey, and uh.. yeah, I dunno.

I don't know you, you're not my friend.

I'm full of good ideas..

Mikey_ Guest

I can always make a second account and be as annoying as I was when I first registered here.

Reasons for demotions....well, I could make a few mistakes as far as moderating goes that'd maybe piss Cyber off. Or some of us can make poor moderating decisions after he's Adminned, and we act as though there was this huge fight behind the scenes, and bam! Some of us were demoted for say, not seeing things the way Cyber did.

Thanks

Haha, I guess I could do that too, now that you mention it.

Yeah, =O And some could leave the staff just because Cyber's a tyrant! Um, we shouldn't overdo the demotion-thingie though. It'd be too obvious if the entire staff left.

I'm full of good ideas..

Mikey_ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nazis From Mars View Post
    Haha, I guess I could do that too, now that you mention it.

Yeah, =O And some could leave the staff just because Cyber's a tyrant! Um, we shouldn't overdo the demotion-thingie though. It'd be too obvious if the entire staff left.
    Yeah, definitely can't demote all the staff. Probably a few of the well known ones. Me, you, Sprung, Crusher.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Windows Visto View Post
    Yeah, definitely can't demote all the staff. Probably a few of the well known ones. Me, you, Sprung, Crusher.
    One of us Admins would have to Admin Cyber. I know MasJ is pretty busy, so to make the story believeable, I nominate Crusher. I don't know if he has proper permissions to actually edit Admin properties, but I can do it, so it'll get done.

I was hesitant to go with this because it would look like we have some grudge with Cyber. But ultimately, it will all come out as a joke, so no harm done.

Here's my take:

Cyber gets promoted, his head swells, and starts publicly berating the modding done by the team. Publicly is the key.
    People voice their conflicting opinions, and make suggestions.
    Cyber starts yelling at anyone who disagree with him.
    Mikey notices, and has a shit fit because Cyber was promoted before him.
    Elmdor finally wakes up and has an opinion, and Cyber demotes him. (Sorry Elm)
    etc...

The only thing I ask is that nobody actually demods me, because I am the only one that can correct any real damage done to the Admin permissions. I might be able to make it look like I'm demoted by removing my access title, and my listing on the Forum Leaders page, but I can always act like MasJ never gave me the permissions to demote Admins, and thus, I can't remove the tyrant Cyber
    Last edited by Sprung; 27th-March-2007 at 04:46.

Mikey_ Guest

Great stuff. Although, if I'm to throw a world class hissy fit, I should also probably end up being demoted also.

Edit: We should also probably see how Cyber feels about all this.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 31st-March-2007 at 18:48.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Windows Visto View Post
    Great stuff. Although, if I'm to throw a world class hissy fit, I should also probably end up being demoted also.

Edit: We should also probably see how Cyber feels about all this.

Actually, we need to recruit some reliable people for Cyber to Mod when he goes nuts and demotes a bunch of people.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 31st-March-2007 at 18:48.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    One of us Admins would have to Admin Cyber. I know MasJ is pretty busy, so to make the story believeable, I nominate Crusher. I don't know if he has proper permissions to actually edit Admin properties, but I can do it, so it'll get done.

I was hesitant to go with this because it would look like we have some grudge with Cyber. But ultimately, it will all come out as a joke, so no harm done.

Here's my take:

Cyber gets promoted, his head swells, and starts publicly berating the modding done by the team. Publicly is the key.
    People voice their conflicting opinions, and make suggestions.
    Cyber starts yelling at anyone who disagree with him.
    Mikey notices, and has a shit fit because Cyber was promoted before him.
    Elmdor finally wakes up and has an opinion, and Cyber demotes him. (Sorry Elm)
    etc...

The only thing I ask is that nobody actually demods me, because I am the only one that can correct any real damage done to the Admin permissions. I might be able to make it look like I'm demoted by removing my access title, and my listing on the Forum Leaders page, but I can always act like MasJ never gave me the permissions to demote Admins, and thus, I can't remove the tyrant Cyber

Sounds good. I can do that. We could always start off easy by making clever comments like "Eh? Yeah, apparently we don't discuss promotions anymore.." out in the open and.. stuff.

It'd be cool if we could involve a member or two, but I don't really know who.

That'd be hilarious though. Um.. in a bad kind of way.

Edit 2: And someone who's been demodded should make a "Emuparadise is still a cool site" topic saying "April fools, motherfuckers". What? I think that's funnay. =< I'm not sure if it takes away or adds suspicition to us just fucking around though.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 31st-March-2007 at 18:49.

I'm full of good ideas..

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Nazis From Mars View Post

That'd be hilarious though. Um.. in a bad kind of way.
    Yeah. And I can totally see him doing it.

Thanks

Yeah..

We don't have that many regulars though, so we can't use them all.

I'm full of good ideas..

Thanks
    EP Points

You guys can always "ban" me I can start crap if needed

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Borman View Post
    You guys can always "ban" me I can start crap if needed
    You can stand up to Cyber's tyrade. Getting banned is going to be the backbone of this working.

We're going to need people to make secondary accounts to come back and bitch too

Thanks

Oh, another thing..

We shouldn't rush it, but it'd be cool if this could be a weekish-long prank. That way we could go slowly, making it more convincing.

Yeah, we need Skinner's sarcastic remarks. =O

I'm full of good ideas..

Thanks

If we're doing bans/second accounts we have to make sure that people know that the ex-staffers have only been temp-banned. IMO, anyway.

Again, we have to be convincing. And cyber banning a shitload of former staffers without anyone doing anything? Yeah, I dunno..
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 31st-March-2007 at 18:53.

I'm full of good ideas..