Thread: Question about burning a PS2 game.

Thanks

Default Question about burning a PS2 game.

Ok, this is my first time burning a PS2 game so please pardon my ignorance. I also ordered my swapdisc and I should be getting it 2morrow so I'm burning 1 game just so i will have it ready for when I get it.

Anyway, I know that I have to use Alcohol to burn the ISO to a DVD and burn at the slowest speed and stuff... but also with the ISO is an MDS file. Now what do I do with this .MDS file? I tried doing a google search but I cant find a direct answer to this. Do I burn this along with the ISO file?

Thanks.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gifted1 View Post
    Ok, this is my first time burning a PS2 game so please pardon my ignorance. I also ordered my swapdisc and I should be getting it 2morrow so I'm burning 1 game just so i will have it ready for when I get it.

Anyway, I know that I have to use Alcohol to burn the ISO to a DVD and burn at the slowest speed and stuff... but also with the ISO is an MDS file. Now what do I do with this .MDS file? I tried doing a google search but I cant find a direct answer to this. Do I burn this along with the ISO file?

Thanks.
    You don't really need the MDS file. I've always used IMGBurn, which is a free program.

Mikey_ Guest

The .mds file is probably what you'd load up. Like, when you have a .bin/.cue combination, Alcohol will always load up the .cue file. Also, make sure to use Playstation 2 settings.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Windows Visto View Post
    The .mds file is probably what you'd load up. Like, when you have a .bin/.cue combination, Alcohol will always load up the .cue file. Also, make sure to use Playstation 2 settings.
    Where do I find the "playstation 2 settings"?

I remember like 2 years ago when I used to burn VCD movies to CD-R's and I remember there being a "Game" or "playstation" setting when I went to burn it with Alchohol... and that was the last time I used Alchohol. So I dont see that option anymore when I go to burn this ISO to DVD. Where would I go to choose those settings? Thanks.

Thanks
    EP Points

Playstation 2 settings:

DVD= Mode 1 2048 Burn speed: 4x or below
    CD= Mode 2 2352 Burn speed: 8x or below

Anyways if you load the mds file will show the ps2 config, because loads all the necessary data out of the mds file, but i posted that info just to get in mind the info

Thanks

Thank you so much.