Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: No$GBA's Nintendo DS Emulation

Thanks

Oh and not to mention that No$GBA now supports more save types then before so now you can use it to save on games that use 128K flash like the Pokemon games. For some games that use EEPROM saves you sometimes have to choose the save type manually but it still works. Save types also have to be chosen manually for NDS games since there is no Automatic setting like with GBA saves in No$GBA.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

Thanks

Thanks for the update, do you know if Mario Luigi: Partners in time, Advance Wars, or Super Princess peach works? When I tried them, they were a bit glitchy. But it shouldn't be too bad with No$Gba, esp since the games I want to play aren't 3D.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Lucxus View Post
    I shaved my pubic hair fully off a couple weeks back. Not something I want to experience again. I mean, the first day or two were alright, but when it started to grow back it was bullshit.

Thanks

Advanced Wars works, I downloaded and tried it last night at Ktiger41's request. The only issue with it is sound (but then again I'm starting to think it just could be my sound card having issues with the emulator) and there are black areas in-game for the clouds and the area you can move in.

As for the other games I'll have to hunt them down and download them to find out. I only have about 6 NDS games to play with and I need to free up hdd space (still) before I can get too much more.

Unlike the other NDS emulators No$GBA can only run encrypted NDS roms so you have to encrypt the rom in order use it. There is a program that you can use for that here (http://www.gbadat.altervista.org/tools.htm) called eNDryptS Advanced. It can encrypt and decrypt NDS rom files with 1 simple step. Just put all the roms (uncompressed) in the same directory with it and choose the first option. It runs in a DOS window with numbered options to choose from. This is just in case you want to try out some games yourself.

[EDIT]
    Mario and Luigi - Partners In Time works but in the battle screen the characters and text blocks' gamma is way too bright. It took me a while to figure out what to do.
    Last edited by Haldrie; 16th-March-2007 at 17:47.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

I don't know but I see these big robots called gears everywhere.
    Thanks

Has anybody tryed new super mario bros. Thats one of only 2 games I want to play on a ds

Need New Sig

Mikey_ Guest

Hal, just, out of major curiousity, do the two DS Castlevania games run on this emulator you speak of? As in, do they run decently?

Thanks

After seeing how a perfect GBA bios makes No$GBA work with games like Pokemon Ruby (major graphics problems with the bios I have been using for years now) I have decided to wait to see if anyone can find a perfect NDS bios while I also do some digging to see what I can find. No$GBA is suppose to have perfect sound support so I think that the NDS bios I have is corrupted which is causing incorrect sound emulation and possibly other problems as well.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

I'm in ur head, raping ur cerebral cortex
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Haldrie View Post
    After seeing how a perfect GBA bios makes No$GBA work with games like Pokemon Ruby (major graphics problems with the bios I have been using for years now) I have decided to wait to see if anyone can find a perfect NDS bios while I also do some digging to see what I can find. No$GBA is suppose to have perfect sound support so I think that the NDS bios I have is corrupted which is causing incorrect sound emulation and possibly other problems as well.
    I could dump my NDS bios if you want, it could take a bit cause I don't feel like doing it right now.

Thanks

Oh please do. Dump it twice and check the hash code to verify it if you can. You can use a program called HashCalc to check the hash codes. I use CRC32, MD5 and SHA1 hash codes when I check things. I hope the bios is the problem and not my hardware because it would be nice to see this emulator running at it's full potential.
    Last edited by Haldrie; 16th-March-2007 at 19:46.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

Thanks

hash codes for my Arm7 bios:
    MD5: df692a80a5b1bc90728bc3dfc76cd948
    SHA1: 24f67bdea115a2c847c8813a262502ee1607b7df
    CRC32: 1280f0d5

hash codes for my Arm9 bios:
    MD5: a392174eb3e572fed6447e956bde4b25
    SHA1: bfaac75f101c135e32e2aaf541de6b1be4c8c62d
    CRC32: 2ab23573

I'll upload both .rom files, cause I don't know which you need for no$gba.
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.

Thanks

Hm...it looks like the ones I have are correct then because they match those hash codes. Dangit then why is the sound not working right for me?
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

Mikey_ Guest

How exactly do I encrypt a DS rom? I downloaded a Castlevanina DS game, extracted it, downloaded eNDryptS Advanced, launched it, chose option 1, and it said that it couldn't detect any DS roms. The rom itself ends with a .nds extension.

Thanks

You have to put the rom in the same directory of the program.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

Mikey_ Guest

Ah, well, it worked. However, when I load the rom, the emulator crashes. Is it because I didn't compress it?

Edit: No, even after compressing it, the emulator crashes. This emulator doesn't seem very impressive now.

Thanks

It's never seemed all that impressive to me, which is why i've been watching Desmume for a while.

Mikey_ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Spam bot View Post
    It's never seemed all that impressive to me, which is why i've been watching Desmume for a while.
    Desmume doesn't impress either. I loaded the rom I downloaded with it and got a black screen, which stayed that way for a long time, until I finally just trashed the emulator.