Thread: Wild Arms 2

Thanks

Default Wild Arms 2

When I burn it off, and pop it into my modded PSX, it gives me a message that doesn't allow me to play it on my modded PSX. Is there a way to bypass this?
    I haven't had this problem with only this game, mind you. Strider 2 seems to do that same thing.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, you need to patch the game before burning to remove the modchip protection. Run the program in the .zip, and patch the first CD with KAL-WA2A.ppf, and the second with KAL-WA2B.ppf. I've not actually tested it, as I played the game with epsxe (never realised it had anti-mod protection) but it ought to be fine once you've done that.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Harmony; 10th-March-2007 at 20:03.

Thanks

Ah. I never really had to do that before, but now that you've introduced me to this method, thanks a million.

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Since you mentioned Strider 2, there's a patch for that game (US version) here:
    http://www.megagames.com/psx/psx_patches_s_4.shtml

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Amid View Post
    Ah. I never really had to do that before, but now that you've introduced me to this method, thanks a million.
    You're welcome, I'm happy I could help. Not that many games make use of anti-mod protection, and many of the games floating around online have already been patched to remove it, but if you ever get a game that gives you the same problem again, try looking on the site that SegNin linked. It has patches for most all of the relevant games.

Thanks
    EP Points

You must have an old ass modchip. Almost all of them are stealth...