Thread: Resident Evil 2 (PSX): Disc 2 (Claire)

Thanks

Default Resident Evil 2 (PSX): Disc 2 (Claire)

Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2300 @ 1.66GH
    1024 MB (1 GB) RAM
    NVIDIA Quadro FX 1500M
    Windows XP SP2

Apparently, Resident Evil 2 (Dual Shock Version) is giving me a constant problem of freezing on my computer. And the problem persists on .img file "Disc 2" (Claire) on the ClaireA Scenario.

The problem occurs when I reach to the point where Claire makes it into the turning platform room in the sewers, and she meets up with Annette. After the FMV sequence, the goes along okay until it gets to the part where Annette talks about the G-Virus emplanting embryos into other lifeforms. After she says that part, the game automatically freezes and then random sounds from Willams groan in which you fought him on the elevator that goes down from the construction site to the Umbrella lab, and then the sound goes to the part of assembling the main fuse cutscene sounds, and then some weird music from either the Extreme Battle Mode minigame sequence or the Hunk and Tofu game music starts to play. After about a minute of that, it goes back to the music of where Claire meets Annette, and then the music just constantly goes on from there.

I used the proper procedure of using the FPS and the Pete's OpenGL graphics because of my graphics card and the Pete's audio cards for the audio. I tried to mess with some of the configurations for the video and the audio, but nothing seems to resolve the problem. Finally, I did try CDMage, but no problems concurred with the img. file. Anybody got any good solutions on how to get this problem erectified? If anyone can help me, I would appreciate it! Thanks!

*edit* Now, I tried the Claire B scenario, and the same problem happened around the time when Claire and Sherry were reunited near the tram that transports them to the construction site. Now, I really need a lot of help with this.
    Last edited by clessalvein4354; 10th-March-2007 at 08:36.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

I'm gona move this to the Sony Section in the Everything Emulation forum.

Please, in your next post, list what emulator, which version, the plugins and it's configuration are you using.

Thanks

I've played RE2 DSV on ePSXe 1.5.1/1.5.2 using the usual: Pete's OGL/PEOpS/Eternal SPU and had no problems on either scenario... Mind you, that was a while ago.

If switching plugins/versions doesn't help, I'd blame your .img file. Then again, I always blame everything I can...

What about Leon A/Leon B?

Thanks

I'm using the ePSXe 1.60 and the plugins are Pete's OpenGL Version 2.7, Pete's DSound Audio Driver 1.15, and Pete's CDR ASPI/IOCTL Driver 1.11 for the plugins. I have used the FPS instead of the frameskipping, the MDEC filter, the GF4/WinXP crash fix, and the rest is at default for the video. Everything else is through the default of audio and cd rom (even though the game file is a .img file.) Also, I played LeonA and the file showed no problems with crashing. Haven't gotten to LeonB, yet, because I still haven't beaten ClaireA because of the problem.

Thanks

It has to be the img because I'm having the exact same problem as well.

Originally I thought it was because I used a hex editor to edit the time played on one of my save files but after loading another save and playing back over it the problem still occured.

Didn't have any problems with disk 1 so it must just be an issue with disk 2.

I looked through some of my things earlier and found my original RE2 cd's but they're not the dual shock version so there'll probably be some issues getting my saves to load. If your still having a problem, PM me and I can try to upload these for you but chances are you'll have to play through the game again .

EDIT:

Looks like you won't have to replay it after all, I just put my Claire CD in and ran ePSXe with the CD, savestates obviously don't work but I checked the memory card and it let me load my saved game, ran back down and finally got through the Sherry/Claire dialogue and on to the tram.
    Last edited by Oster; 30th-April-2007 at 13:09.

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Sounds like you got around the problem you were having.

In any case, you revived a dead thread, so I have to close this.

Next time you have a problem, just make a new thread instead of reviving an old one.