Thread: Few Questions Releated to PSX Images

Thanks

Default Few Questions Releated to PSX Images

Well currently I have ISO's for PSX games in various formats. I want to convert them all in one format. But need answer for few questions.

1) I prefer bin/cue format but will it rip the games with sub channel data correctly or should I use ccd/img/sub format?
    2) Can I just load the ISO into isobuster and rip it as bin/cue or should I must load it into virtual drive first?
    3) CdMage reports few error in some ISO’s which of them should I fixed and which I should not?
    4) I fixed few errors with CdMage which was not supposed to fix. Is My ISO is now useless or is it still play ok in EMU.

Thanks in advance
    My Most Wanted Games List

99 Koshien [SLPS-02110]/[SLPS-03085]
    Cinema Eikaiwa (A Boys Life, Arashigaoka ,Interceptor, Zombie, Aino Hateni)
    Hissatsu Pachinko Station (1 to 10)
    Hissatsu Pachinko Station Now (1 to 9)
    Legaia Densetsu, The [PlayStation The Best] [SCPS-91246]
    Shinri Game, The (2,3,5,6,7,8,9,10)
    X-Racing [NTSC-J] [SLPS-01063]

Have a good PSX collection & want a trade PM me

For My PSX Game List Visit http://gamelist-badsector.blogspot.com

Thanks
    EP Points

Fixing errors in CDMage isn't recommended since it was most likely a sly protection thrown in by Sony.
    Chaning the image from CloneCD to CDRWin format will render some images useless on un-stealth modded consoles/unpatched versions of the game. Since the Subchannel data's needed to function properly.
    If you're going to bin/cue them in ISOBuster you need to mount on a virtual drive so that it doesn't give you read errors...

Mikey_ Guest

An easy way would just be to mount whatever image onto a virtual drive, either using Daemon Tools, or Alcohol 120%. From there, use whatever ripping program you have to rip from the virtual drive. At least, that's how I'd do it. I don't have much experience with ISOBuster, so I can't say much about that one.

Also, moved.

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't recommend using ISOBuster either. I only use it to get the files from inside an image. I don't use it to make disc images as it's CUEs are always screwy. I recommend Alcohol 120% & Daemon Tools virtual drive.

Mikey_ Guest

I didn't suggest I don't or won't recommend ISOBuster. I simply can't, because I've not spent much time with it. I'm sure Cookie, Segnin, and Zorlon would have more to say on the subject, though.

But I do agree with you, Astorath, on that method.

Thanks
    EP Points

ISOBuster's cues are only useable with ISOBuster. No one uses ISOBuster for burning images (can it even burn disc images? ) Whenever I make a CUE using ISOBuster I have to edit the crap out of it in Notepad so that it's useable in Alcohol 120%.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Err, ISOBuster is perfectly reliable making bin/cue image files, it's easy to use and recommended..

Thanks
    EP Points

It's cues don't load at all in Alcohol 120% though.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, I know you stated it 3 times already.
    No need to use Alcohol, as it's not mandatory

Thanks
    EP Points

Yes, but how can you burn the BIN/CUE images then? Because I doubt they load in anything else. Explain Cookiez.

Mikey_ Guest

Astorath, no disrespect to you and your opinions, but Cookie is an Admin who knows what he's talking about, who also happens to be one of EP's more experienced members in terms of emulation. I think he knows what he's talking about.

Thanks
    EP Points

This has nothing to do with my position on the staff, it doesn't make me infallible by any means
    There are other ways to burn a bin/cue combo, CDRWin being one of them, which is free and very easy to use too. Thats' why I said Alcohol is not really needed, ISOBuster+CDRWin can do it just well too.
    Now, Dan, if you prefer to use other methods, that's cool too, we are just listing more alternatives, if all are good, we are not forcing to use one or another, we leave that at each one's discretion.

Thanks
    EP Points

Also you can use the "forgotten" and old fireburner program, supports bin/cue, or use daemon tools mountin´ your .bin and copy the image directly form the virtual drive.

PS: As you see all the methods suggested here are good

Thanks

Thanks everyone for your replies.so this is what i understand till now. if i am wrong Plz correct me

1) I prefer bin/cue format but will it rip the games with sub channel data correctly or should I use ccd/img/sub format?
    so both ccd/img/sub & bin/cue are good and recommended. if i convert the images from ccd/img/sub to bin/cue it will render some images useless on un-stealth modded consoles/unpatched versions of the game. Since the Subchannel data's needed to function properly, but i can load ccd/img/sub into Alcohol 120% and then convert to bin/cue.

2) Can I just load the ISO into isobuster and rip it as bin/cue or should I must load it into virtual drive first?
    Well loading it into virtual drive is recommended.

3) CdMage reports few error in some ISO’s which of them should I fixed and which I should not?
    So this is out of questions.

4) I fixed few errors with CdMage which was not supposed to fix. Is My ISO is now useless or is it still play ok in EMU.
    I haven't had any answer of it till yet.

Thanks again everyone for your replies
    My Most Wanted Games List

99 Koshien [SLPS-02110]/[SLPS-03085]
    Cinema Eikaiwa (A Boys Life, Arashigaoka ,Interceptor, Zombie, Aino Hateni)
    Hissatsu Pachinko Station (1 to 10)
    Hissatsu Pachinko Station Now (1 to 9)
    Legaia Densetsu, The [PlayStation The Best] [SCPS-91246]
    Shinri Game, The (2,3,5,6,7,8,9,10)
    X-Racing [NTSC-J] [SLPS-01063]

Have a good PSX collection & want a trade PM me

For My PSX Game List Visit http://gamelist-badsector.blogspot.com