Thread: A Shenmue 1 Disc 1 Problem

Thanks

Default A Shenmue 1 Disc 1 Problem

Hello there! New around here and with a problem as well, so I figured Id hit up the experts (thats you guys).

I recently downloaded Shenmue from emuparadise, unpacked it no problem, burned it no problem (Alcohol 120 is a beautiful thing), and started up disc 1 with (suprise) no problem. I've actually made it quite a ways into disc 1 (almost at the end of it in fact), and everything was going great until, I got the oddest glitch. When returning to Hazuki dojo after meeting Charlie for the first time, the game goes to the loading screen, then stops. I can hear the music for the dojo, and that water sound thats always there but it never leaves the loading screen for the dojo area. I've tried everything.

I turned my DC on it's side, upside down, and still no luck. I even let the game run till Ryu's watch beeped late at night (because it automatically warps you back home). It will only happen after I meet Charlie, I can do anything else, but when I meet Charlie and try to go home, it freezes up.

Has anyone ever heard of this glitch, or work around for it. Should I just re-burn disc 1? Start a new game (sweet jesus no)? Any suggestions and help would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance. And sorry for the length, Im just trying to be thorough.

Thanks
    EP Points

You could try burning another copy of the game. The disc that was imaged may have been scratched, etc.

Thanks

Thanks, I thought it might be something like that, but I wanted a 2nd opinion just to be sure. I'll re-burn disc 1 and hope for the best

Thanks
    EP Points

I meant getting another "copy" of the game, from another site, whatever. I didn't mean re-burning the image you had.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
    I meant getting another "copy" of the game, from another site, whatever. I didn't mean re-burning the image you had.
    or ask someone from here to upload it, like sprung ... he's everybody's bitch when it comes to dreamcast

Thanks
    EP Points

lol he doesn't like to upload what I want him to!
    but yeah he'll make a fully funtioning image from his disc.

Thanks

This has got ot be the one of the friendliest bunch of online people ever (Im starting to think everyone might be an axe murderer in real life).

As it turns out it was just the disc that I burned I burned a new one, and everything works fine now. Just a fluke I guess! But thanks anyway for all your help everyone