Thread: PSX/one modchip problem.

Thanks

Default PSX/one modchip problem.

So I have a chipped PS and it's wonderful. Boots and plays everything wonderfully.

However it's PAL and I moved to USA recently. I've got the voltage converter thing so power isn't a problem but video mode is.

Everything is flickery and black and white as is the problem with NTSC vs PAL. My PS2 for example is chipped and has a boot menu (hold triange and circle) where I can change it to boot all games in NTSC mode. Which fixes everything.

I was wondering (bearing in mind I have no idea what chip in my PS as I got it on ebay) if anyone knew of anything I could do to sort this out?

I also picked up a "game enhancer" that plugs into the back of the machine from a local store. Any ideas what I should do with that?

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    EP Points

I have problems with video, NTSC games being Black & White on my PAL modded Playstation using the original scart lead that came with the console. I have this other totally "unofficial" one that makes them play in colour, I think you should invest in a "none sony" scart lead.

Thanks
    EP Points

Hold select and press R1 or L1. See if a menu popups about PAL or NTSC, I know alot of Game Enhancers have this secret menu.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

If that doesn't work, you'll have to go with Import Player, a boot disc that will let you boot the game in NTSC or PAL: http://www.epforums.org/local_links....=links&catid=6
    The other option would be a RGB scart.

Thanks
    EP Points

Almost all of these cartridges have a secret menu? Polo? I've got one called "Game Hunter V5" - Codes, movie player, etc on it. No NTSC/PAL selector, think I might have it?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
    Almost all of these cartridges have a secret menu? Polo? I've got one called "Game Hunter V5" - Codes, movie player, etc on it. No NTSC/PAL selector, think I might have it?
    Try it. I just know that alot of "Game Enhancer" are the same thing with a hacked name.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah I've used 2 in my time and they're virtually indentical, except the one I have has a CDR loader, and the other has no CDR loader function, only cheats // Movie player.
    Once I've dug the Playstation & That out, I'll try it and let you know. =]

Thanks

Haven't tested this stuff yet but I'll give it all a go. I already have a non Sony scart though my TV does not accept scart, there's no such thing here.

I have a scart converter that can run through to composite leads but that looks the same.

With select + L1 I get "display in PAL system?" and I choose no obviously. I want it to display in NTSC but I can't seem to get that choice.

The best I'm getting is black and white although it is stable.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 8th-March-2007 at 21:16.