Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ya guys think I should share my "reference bonus" with my colleagues ???

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    He'll probably get stoned lol, if they don't believe it.
    That was so stereotypical and racist to the india culture.

Thanks

This Had 2 Be The Stupidest Of Stupid Threads Ever Stupapadid Created! Be A Leader Nota Follower, Your The Type Of Person Who Lets People Push Them Around Right? Especially If U Needed To Come On Here For $ Advice,............next Time Keep The Money N Take Names....."get New Friends"......oh N Grow Some Marbles!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

My answer to your question is no. No you shouldn't. You got them the reference and all that, but it's up to them to like, y'know, show up for work and stuff, and seeing as that's something you just do if you want to keep a job, they shouldn't get in on your cash just for doing what they ought to. If they want a reference bonus, they ought to find someone who needs a job and refer them.

Also, I'm sort of a jerk, so maybe my answer is wrong. I just wouldn't share.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate View Post
    This Had 2 Be The Stupidest Of Stupid Threads Ever Stupapadid Created! Be A Leader Nota Follower, Your The Type Of Person Who Lets People Push Them Around Right? Especially If U Needed To Come On Here For $ Advice,............next Time Keep The Money N Take Names....."get New Friends"......oh N Grow Some Marbles!!
    Am I the only one who finds this post incredibly laughable? I'm not, right? I can't be the only one seeing this. Questionable punctuation choices aside, this advice has to be the most ass-backwards line of bullshit I've read in some time. Wow.

Good one Ultimate, you made me laugh. I really needed that.
    Last edited by Cyberxion; 19th-March-2007 at 22:31.

Thanks
    EP Points

Thank God for the All Caps filter :eyeball:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Fuck the all caps filter, we need a stupid asshole filter. I know that the posts of myself along with three-quarters of EP would suddenly cease to show up, but we'd be spared such idiocy as that of ultimate, and hey, I think it'd be a worthy sacrifice...

Thanks
    EP Points

YoU sIr, ArE aN iDiOt.
    ItS nOt AbOuT bEiNg A lEaDeR, iTs AbOuT dOiNg WhAtS rIgHt... ThUs My PoSt, WhIcH nO oNe PaId AtTeNtIoN tOo.
    Last edited by Jase; 19th-March-2007 at 23:04. Reason: Spelling :wacko:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jase View Post
    YoU sIr, ArE aN iDiOt.

ItS nOt AbOuT bEiNg A lEaDeR, iTs AbOuT dOiNg WhAtS rIgHt... ThUs My PoSt, WhIcH nO oNe PaId AtTeNtIoN tOo.
    I agree with you. He should definitely do what's right. However, in this case, was it ever implied that he'd let his friends in on the bonus? If not, he's not really in the wrong. He helped 'em get a job, and y'know, for most people that'd be enough. The bonus is for those who help recruit new employees, not for the employees themselves. All they did was come in and do their jobs as is expected of everyone who has ever been given employment ever.

If anything, they should be giving him money for helping them get to work. I mean, if you wanna look at it in those terms, that is. He owes them nothing, but they owe their employment to him.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberxion View Post
    I agree with you. He should definitely do what's right. However, in this case, was it ever implied that he'd let his friends in on the bonus? If not, he's not really in the wrong. He helped 'em get a job, and y'know, for most people that'd be enough. The bonus is for those who help recruit new employees, not for the employees themselves. All they did was come in and do their jobs as is expected of everyone who has ever been given employment ever.

If anything, they should be giving him money for helping them get to work. I mean, if you wanna look at it in those terms, that is. He owes them nothing, but they owe their employment to him.
    True, but he also never answered IF they were long term un-employed/broked/up coming high bills, which can be a mjor factor here.
    And technicaly, he didnt get them the jobs, the people themselfs sold themselfs to the employer, he wasnt the deciding factor on if they should get the jobs or not.
    Look at it this way, your friend wants to buy a TV, you know someone that sells TV's, you introduce them, your friend ends up buying a TV, now do you get the commision? or does the sales person that sold them the TV get it?

Applying for jobs is just selling yourself to the employer, im not saying he doesnt deserve anything, he deserves a finders fee, but he doesnt deserve the whole lot, becuase he didnt do anything really, he wasnt there while his friends where picking out clothes to wear, he didnt write their Resume's, he didnt answer the questions in the interview, all he did was say "Hey guys, 2 jobs have open at work, you should go for them"

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jase View Post
    True, but he also never answered IF they were long term un-employed/broked/up coming high bills, which can be a mjor factor here.
    Not really. In fact, I don't see how that's a factor at all.

And technicaly, he didnt get them the jobs, the people themselfs sold themselfs to the employer, he wasnt the deciding factor on if they should get the jobs or not.
    Again, I have to say not really. It's arguable that, yeah, they got the job on their own merits, but would they have had the opportunity to sell themselves had he not referred them in the first place? That's also arguable.

In fact, it's that ambiguity that sorta makes it that much harder to say that they're entitled to a share of the bonus. If they got the job because their he got them a foot in the door, then no, they don't. They owe him their jobs. That they are employed should be enough. If they got the job entirely on their own merits, then he didn't really do anything to help them along, and so they don't deserve the money anyway.

Look at it this way, your friend wants to buy a TV, you know someone that sells TV's, you introduce them, your friend ends up buying a TV, now do you get the commision? or does the sales person that sold them the TV get it?
    Reality says that regardless of what you did to help the process along, the guy who sold the TV earns the bonus. It may suck, sure, but unless there's an agreement up front about it, and I don't get that this was the case here, then you're not entitled to anything. So really, the only reason that he ought to give them anything is if he promised them he would from the start.

Applying for jobs is just selling yourself to the employer, im not saying he doesnt deserve anything, he deserves a finders fee, but he doesnt deserve the whole lot, becuase he didnt do anything really, he wasnt there while his friends where picking out clothes to wear, he didnt write their Resume's, he didnt answer the questions in the interview, all he did was say "Hey guys, 2 jobs have open at work, you should go for them"
    You said it right there. It amounts to a finders fee. So given that, his friends don't deserve dime one. He did the finding, so to speak, and while his friends may have impressed his employers enough to get them hired, and it's arguable that they may have simply hired them due to a need for employees (it happens...), that finders fee is his and his alone.
    Yeah, without those friends the finders fee isn't a factor, but as much as it may suck to hear it, they needed a job, he helped them get one using his clout as an employee to get them noticed above what may have been a mountain of likewise qualified employees for all we know, and that should be enough for them. They could still be unemployed without his help for all we know, and if that's a possibility, they should be glad he was there to help them.

That all having been said, he implied that he might not have got the bonus if not for the efforts of his friends, in which case, yeah, it's only fair that he share it.
    Last edited by Cyberxion; 19th-March-2007 at 23:39.

Thanks

Unless your friends are two hot chicks, I suggest keeping it to yourself.

However I am a little confused. Are you speaking about friends who got you into the company and not the two you helped? In that case its within man-law to grant a sum of money to those who helped you get the job, ONLY if those parties involved do not exceed 4 persons.
    Spreading Fear and Uncertainty since 2004!

*Apparently the above doesn't fit in a custom user title. Bollocks.
    Copyright Paladin_Hammer 2007: "Deus ex Imperator". "Dio Dal Genica".
    NWO 4 Life!

Funniest Thread EVER