Thread: Problem with DVD Media and System

Thanks

Default Problem with DVD Media and System

Ok, I'm getting paranoid over this 12V problem with early model (V9) PS2s.

I recently replaced the LA chip due to a burn out. I burned 2 games again since I suspected that they were the cause of the problem (no other games caused prolonged reads) using SONY DVD+R media, supported write speeds 1-16x, at 1x, 4x and 12x speeds using DVD-Decrypter.

I don't think I can perform the romeo mod for the voltage problem, and sadly no shops can perform the mod. I'm really worried about the LA/lens burning out again.

My question is, has anybody developed a method of burning large games (over 4 gb) on high quality DVD media (with supported write speeds of 1-16X) with no in game/intro music or video skips.

I figure that if I can eliminate all skipping, I don't have to worry as much.

Sorry for the ramble, but hey, paranoia...

Thanks
    EP Points

The only way to be truly sure to have a nonskipping music/movies game, it is with hdloader, and your iso will have to be in good shape too, recently i have discovered that a lot of isos released by scene groups, has tons of errors, some even has some issues when playing in hdloader.

So as you see a lot of factors are in this

Hdloader seems as your best choice (you have a V9) so you will need the fix for the latest patched version

Thanks

Cool, thanks for the info Saito.

I'll think about implementing HD Loader, but until then I'm gonna limit the amount of time I play per session and stick to burning only games I would have to import.

I'll buy the other few.