Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DS: To the people who are familiar with homebrew

Thanks

Default DS: To the people who are familiar with homebrew

Hey, I've actually been a member here a while back just to answer question for gaming needs, ps1 roms and such. Then my account got erase because I probably haven't been on in a long time. Anyway, I have a question about the homebrew hardware for the nintendo ds. What do I mean? Here's the story, I've been searching on the internet and found out that roms such as gba and nds can be run on a handheld device, ds. I've done a lot of research about the hardwares such as the M3, G6, Supercard SD, EZ lite, and ds-Xtreme (most of these are really popular). But I think the internet was pretty vague about the hardwares. So I've decided to buy the Supercard SD because I found out that it can play gba/nds roms, mp3, video files, pictures, etc. and they gave me enough details to make me want to go buy it So I bought the flashcart(supercard sd) and a SD card and a sd card USB reader(you know...so that my computer can read it, since it doesn't already have the thing built into it).

http://www.realhotstuff.com/supercard-sd-p-51.html

It's probably shipping now, btw. So here's the big question, do I really need the superkey inorder for the flashcart to work? What's a superkey you say? here:

http://www.realhotstuff.com/superkey-p-77.html

Help is much appreciated.

I'm in ur head, raping ur cerebral cortex
    Thanks

Actually, pretty much every flash cart can do what the supercard does. It's all a matter of what you can afford. If you don't care about GBA support, then you could just get a slot-1 device.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

I think the passkey 3 is compatible with all the NDS models, not sure tho.

As banned say, a slot 1 flash cart is another option if you are not too interested in gba games as the compatibility will decrease if you use this devices. The M3 simply is one of them, you have a review of it in the main page of emuparadise.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madgamerdude View Post
    Hey, I've actually been a member here a while back just to answer question for gaming needs, ps1 roms and such. Then my account got erase because I probably haven't been on in a long time. Anyway, I have a question about the homebrew hardware for the nintendo ds. What do I mean? Here's the story, I've been searching on the internet and found out that roms such as gba and nds can be run on a handheld device, ds. I've done a lot of research about the hardwares such as the M3, G6, Supercard SD, EZ lite, and ds-Xtreme (most of these are really popular). But I think the internet was pretty vague about the hardwares. So I've decided to buy the Supercard SD because I found out that it can play gba/nds roms, mp3, video files, pictures, etc. and they gave me enough details to make me want to go buy it So I bought the flashcart(supercard sd) and a SD card and a sd card USB reader(you know...so that my computer can read it, since it doesn't already have the thing built into it).

http://www.realhotstuff.com/supercard-sd-p-51.html

It's probably shipping now, btw. So here's the big question, do I really need the superkey inorder for the flashcart to work? What's a superkey you say? here:

http://www.realhotstuff.com/superkey-p-77.html

Help is much appreciated.
    the superkey is used to play nds roms stored on the gba flash cart

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Rydia View Post
    the superkey is used to play nds roms stored on the gba flash cart
    Which in other words means that for a Supercard made for the GBA slot, you will need one of them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snkupo View Post
    Which in other words means that for a Supercard made for the GBA slot, you will need one of them.
    indeed, but you can still play gba roms without a superkey if thats what your asking

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Rydia View Post
    indeed, but you can still play gba roms without a superkey if thats what your asking
    True

Thanks

Thanks for finalizing it guys ^__^ I've spent an entire week trying to figure out the mechanics of the hombrew hardware. My main focus was trying to figure out whether or not the supercard SD can play GBA games without the superkey. I really don't intend to download and play ds roms that much. It makes sense now, thanks guys. And what's THIS?! It also plays nes, sms/GG, gb, and pce without additional software! すごい!
    Last edited by madgamerdude; 22nd-February-2007 at 21:21.

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks for finalizing it guys ^__^ I've spent an entire week trying to figure out the mechanics of the hombrew hardware. My main focus was trying to figure out whether or not the supercard SD can play GBA games without the superkey. I really don't intend to download and play ds roms that much. It makes sense now, thanks guys.
    No problem for anyone. Anyways, you will want to play DS games. Eventually.

Thanks

No problem for anyone. Anyways, you will want to play DS games. Eventually.

Well, I'd rather buy the actually ds games.

btw, another question, if you don't mind, can you play snes on it?

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, I'd rather buy the actually ds games.

btw, another question, if you don't mind, can you play snes on it?
    You pirate GBA games, but would rather buy your DS ones? Allright.
    Anyways, there are SNES emulators developed for the GBA. Several games play pretty nicely, but the compatibility does not even come close to the PSP (which is about perfect for SNES emulation). Pocketheaven.com has all the info you need, on their forums.

Thanks

You pirate GBA games, but would rather buy your DS ones? Allright.
    Well, I can never be sure that it would run as smoothly as a bought ds game.

I'm in ur head, raping ur cerebral cortex
    Thanks

Well, I can never be sure that it would run as smoothly as a bought ds game.

Thanks

Why is that funny? I just think that a supercard doesn't seem fast enough to run as quickly as the actual game itself, since it would run the DS game through the gba slot.

Thanks

Why is that funny? I just think that a supercard doesn't seem fast enough to run as quickly as the actual game itself, since it would run the DS game through the gba slot.
    they run fine, otherwise people wouldnt be buying them, as for snes... the ds hardware is a little bit more capable than the gba so if you get the superkey you could get the ds snes emu.