Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm new in emulatorworld

Thanks
    EP Points

Emulator here: http://www.ngemu.com/psx/psxemu.php?action=get&id=459
    Universal Image burning/mounting/ripping: http://mirror1.free-downloads.net/3/...1.9.6.4719.exe
    I take it you know where to get BIOSes etc from. Yes this is the setup I'd recommend.

Thanks

Well ok I admit ePSXe is pretty awesome and before I got pSX that is what I used but I still have trouble with it after all these years. I only recommend pSX because it is very simple to use and is a good starting emulator for people that are new to the emulation scene.

Of course IMHO I don't see why enhanced graphics are such a big deal. After all everyone still plays NES on an emulator and I saw someone with an HDTV that had a PS2 and a working NES with a nice collection of games which proves to me that graphics are the last thing anyone really cares about when it come to good games.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

Thanks

Sound, graphics, cdr plugins in the plugins folder, BIOS file in the BIOS folder, no biggie.

Thanks

Well that's easy but picking the right plugin from about 20-30 and setting it up and hoping it works is what can be a real pain. Some of the CDR plugins seem to have an issue with my external drive as well. Even when I do get the settings right I leave all the enhanced stuff off anyway. Spyro: Year of the Dragon is also still giving me a hard time with the sound emulation on the cutscenes. Of course pSX is no different but at least I don't have to worry about the sound going out of synch.

I know I sound like a broken record talking about pSX but ever since FFVII and FFIX starting working perfectly in it I've been singing it's praises. I only wish that some of the enhancements from ePSXe would be impomented in pSX but pSX Author (his screen name on the pSX forum) has turned down all offers for them and is being shuned by ePSXe lovers for it which I don't think is right.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Haldrie View Post
    I don't see why enhanced graphics are such a big deal. After all everyone still plays NES on an emulator and I saw someone with an HDTV that had a PS2 and a working NES with a nice collection of games which proves to me that graphics are the last thing anyone really cares about when it come to good games.
    Well said. I agree with you. Great story/game > graphix

Thanks

Yeah, about the graphics. I don't have much experience with the other emulator so I could be wrong, but couldn't the graphical glitches get in the way of the gameplay, or slow down the fps? When bad graphics get in the way of gameplay, it is not something you can just look past.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    You guy are welcome anytime We have bowling and Steak & Shake. Bring beer. I like beer.

Thanks

Graphics arent too important to me most of the time but compatablity is and thats why i use CVGS.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

I know what you guys mean, it's only that personally I prefer to give our members all the options available when emulating a game even if that means it's not the easier way. It can take some time deppending on the game and the knowlegde, I admit it, but we are here to help after all so time doesn't mean too much, we don't mind to answer questions.

Thanks

enough about the chosing, i chose epsx...
    I installed it with the biosthings in the right folder..
    Now i've got Ape Escape as bin/cue file on my computer...
    I opened it in epsx and the graphics are good but there is no
    sound in the movies... and everything runs faster then it has to be...
    do i need some plugins? which one? or someting else?

Thanks

As far as the video running too fast go to the video plugin options and check "Use FPS limit" and uncheck "Use Frame skipping". Set "FPS limit (10-200)" to 60 if you are running a NTSC U/C game and 50 if you are running a PAL game. Next choose "Auto-detect FPS/Frame skipping limit". That should fix that problem.

As for you having no sound go to the sound settings and check the box that says "Enable XA sound". Also you might want to try and use the "Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41" plugin. It should run fine using the default settings.

I guess if Ape Escape was the game you were wanting to play then ePSXe is a good choice as pSX has a small controller issue with that game. Whenever you press straight up on the analog you walk instead of run. I've been trying to point this out to the staff of pSX but I don't think they get it.
    Last edited by Haldrie; 21st-February-2007 at 13:09.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

Thanks

oh i fixed the sound...
    but everything still moves to fast

Thanks

Hm....what video plugin are you using?
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

Thanks

it worked

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by clarence86 View Post
    enough about the chosing, i chose epsx...
    I installed it with the biosthings in the right folder..
    Now i've got Ape Escape as bin/cue file on my computer...
    I opened it in epsx and the graphics are good but there is no
    sound in the movies... and everything runs faster then it has to be...
    do i need some plugins? which one? or someting else?
    For your first time doing the emulator scene, I don't reccomend Ape Escape as to get the controls working properly can be a bitch. I suggest trying any other game, to get the feel of ePSXe's power and then move onto special games and fixes for games later. Starting on the losing end is hard.

but if you managed Ape Escape no problem with the messed up controls, then you shouldn't have to much trouble in your travels.

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ktiger41 View Post
    Coulda ya post a link please? I'm having troubles find this emulator...
    EmuRayden - English:
    http://www.snesorama.us/board/showthread.php?p=20922

The TurboUpload link still works.

For Ape Escape, you'll need a control pad with rumble, and you'll have to configure ePSXe to activate its rumble support.
    Last edited by SegNin; 27th-February-2007 at 00:00.