Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shenmue 1 & 2

Thanks

Default Shenmue 1 & 2

I'm downloading these at the moment and I'm wondering if I'll have to burn the CDs in a special way. First time I'm going to try to burn Dreamcast games so I'd like to get it right the first time.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by sharinagin View Post
    I'm downloading these at the moment and I'm wondering if I'll have to burn the CDs in a special way. First time I'm going to try to burn Dreamcast games so I'd like to get it right the first time.
    Use Alcohol 120%, burning the discs as slow as possible (4X is recommended if your burner will go that slow). Use RAW/DAO burn settings.

That should do it

Thanks

Thanks, now only if the torrent would go faster

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Nero 5 if you have that anyway will work just fine
    Discjuggler ( free version would do it ) spot on for Dreamcast

Uncompatable images can be mounted with daemon tools and just use Copy CD in both the above

Avoid most other burning progs though there are only a handfull of CD burning proggies that actually cover burning Dreamcast CD images

For the above the default settings in those will cover most if not all Dreamcast Images, never had a failed burn on default settings

There are a few but only a few that will have specific burning instructions the one that comes to mind is D-2 but that was a one off and was a 99min CD version not your standard CD size

There are only a very small handfull of scene releases that require 99min CD's, but just make sure you read the NFO information you get with them.... incase you don't know use Notepad to read those they are not Windows nfo files

I have heard talk of different settings needed though for Alcohol... not sure if thats true or not though, I never needed or wanted use Alcohol, only tested it for a little bit a while back
    Last edited by Zorlon; 15th-February-2007 at 10:46.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

You didn't mention where are you going to play the games. If you have a NTSC DC console it will run backups if it was made before Oct 2000, if it's PAL it will run backups no matter the date.
    Another option is Chankast, the emulator, in which case there's no need to burn the games as you can use Daemon Tools 3.29 to mount the image in the virtual drive and the emu will read from there. Not sure how well emulated are those games tho since I don't do DC emulation myself.

Thanks
    EP Points

Alcohol 120% burns Dreamcast images of any type (bar NRG - maybe bin/cue cues are often broke...) perfectly. I have never used DiscJuggler to burn a DC ISO. I've only ever used Alcohol 120% for formats: CDI, CCD, MDS.
    Only 2 image formats I've had bother with are BIN/CUE & NRG, NRGs with Alcohol 120% do not stop burning at 100%, it either happens to you or it doesn't. For me it happened. To get around that I just burnt the image with Nero 5.5.x instead. bin/cue images can be burnt fine with Alcohol 120%, AFTER: the cue sheet's been edited. For the ones I've had trouble with it's said something like 'Track 02' 'Track 02', where one should have said track 01. Most likely all games you'll get are in bootable format though. Not to worry!

Thanks

Well, I bought it like 4 years ago, but the bottom says June 2000. It's also an NSTC model.

And I actually bought Shenmue 1 but the discs don't work

But, when I finish the download, would I just burn ISOs or whatever individually like Sprung commented?

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, I bought it like 4 years ago, but the bottom says June 2000. It's also an NSTC model.

And I actually bought Shenmue 1 but the discs don't work

But, when I finish the download, would I just burn ISOs or whatever individually like Sprung commented?
    Yes, each individual image file goes on a seperate disc

Thanks

<3 It works. I love you.

Thanks
    EP Points

<3 It works. I love you.
    No problem

Thanks

Alright, I figured that it'd be better to make a new question here instead of making a new thread. Ikaruga, I can't get it to work.

I burned it like I did Shenmue, but whenever I put it in to play, my Dreamcast makes 4 or 5 loud clicks, trys to load it again, and it repeats itself. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
    EP Points

Alright, I figured that it'd be better to make a new question here instead of making a new thread. Ikaruga, I can't get it to work.

I burned it like I did Shenmue, but whenever I put it in to play, my Dreamcast makes 4 or 5 loud clicks, trys to load it again, and it repeats itself. What am I doing wrong?
    How big is the image, and what format?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Ikaruga is one of those games I had to burn with Nero 5.x to make it work, with DJ I only got a coaster.

Thanks

Using the same method as I used to burn Shenmue with Alcohol.

So I should try to find a Nero v5 somewhere and use that to burn it instead?

Thanks
    EP Points

Using the same method as I used to burn Shenmue with Alcohol.

So I should try to find a Nero v5 somewhere and use that to burn it instead?
    That image is in CloneCD format. I would try to find CloneCD and burn with that first.

Bad thing, CloneCD was discontinued a long time ago, and it was retail software, so finding a copy is difficult, and then you have to get involved in warez to make it work. I can't tell you how to find it because of these problems.

I will tell you it's not impossible though.

EDIT: geez...that's one of MY old images