Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Recommend a band

Thanks

I thought Forget Cassettes was kinda neat.

Mind you I last heard them years ago.

Thanks
    EP Points

Sick Puppies, Xandria, The Rasmus and Delain. Each have their own styles and I enjoy them all.

Thanks

Gorillaz. They've got some really good songs, and each kind of has a different vibe, if you know what I mean. Their songs are all unique, so to say, and they're all really good.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

RED, Skillet, Three Days Grace, Uuuuuh. August Burns Red, Toby Mac.

Lol those are all good. And I highly recommend them to people who like to rock out. Well, Toby Mac maybe not so much.

Thanks

I'm quite a fan of Jamiroquai. I consider them the only good thing in chart music at the moment.
    Iceferno | www.Iceferno.com
    I'm also on Facebook, Twitter, Soundcloud,
    Mixcloud and YouTube (1) & (2)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks

Crow's Claw are pretty sweet! But then again I say that for most VG bands.
    Capturing Pokemon never looked so easy!

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks

Let's see...

Reign of Kindo, awesome band from the US, Jazz/Rock/Prog/Shitload of awesome. By far one of the sickest drummers I've ever heard - http://www.myspace.com/thereignofkindo

When I think of it, just go to - http://www.youtube.com/user/rpoland - and listen to anything they have. All talents of the extreme, example: Andy Mckee.
    AMD Phenom II X3 2,87 ghz
    4 Gb RAM
    Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT 1Gb
    Explorer of Space

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zajber View Post
    Let's see...

Reign of Kindo, awesome band from the US, Jazz/Rock/Prog/Shitload of Fail. By far one of the sickest drummers I've ever heard - http://www.myspace.com/thereignofkindo

When I think of it, just go to - http://www.youtube.com/user/rpoland - and listen to anything they have. All talents of the extreme, example: Andy Mckee.
    I see.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks

The Dangerous Summer, Stealing O'Neal, Bayside, City & Colour and Tiger Army...

They're all relatively alternative so it won't discomfort too many people to give 'em a listen.

Thanks

Rotting Christ/Greece/Black Metal - http://www.rotting-christ.com/
    In Flames/Sweden/Melodic Death Metal - http://www.inflames.com/
    Equilibrium/Germany/Folk Metal - http://www.equilibrium-metal.net/
    Edge of Sanity/Sweden/Melodic Death Metal - http://www.myspace.com/edgeofsanity01
    Last edited by Benjamin Drinkbeer; 4th-August-2011 at 08:59.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ToBreakOne View Post
    The Dangerous Summer, Stealing O'Neal, Bayside, City & Colour and Tiger Army...

They're all relatively alternative so it won't discomfort too many people to give 'em a listen.
    I wouldn't really say that about Bayside... Anthony Raneri's voice is kind of an acquired taste. My biggest problem I have when I listen to Bayside is their habit of inharmonious flow between the music and the lyrics at times. The second verse of Devotion & Desire is a prime example of this. It just... bothers me.

I've never heard of The Dangerous Summer or Stealing O'Neal, but I can definitely vouch for the brilliance of City & Colour. In particular his first album, "Sometimes." Great album, that one, especially if you like melancholic acoustic folk. I highly recommend Like Knives, and Casey's Song off that album. Stay away from his singles, Save Your Scissors; Hello, I'm In Delaware; and from his latest album, Fragile Bird. They aren't a great representation of his range, and can get very repetitive very quickly.

Also, it took me almost a full year to actually understand where the name "City & Colour" comes from.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    I wouldn't really say that about Bayside... Anthony Raneri's voice is kind of an acquired taste. My biggest problem I have when I listen to Bayside is their habit of inharmonious flow between the music and the lyrics at times. The second verse of Devotion & Desire is a prime example of this. It just... bothers me.

I've never heard of The Dangerous Summer or Stealing O'Neal, but I can definitely vouch for the brilliance of City & Colour. In particular his first album, "Sometimes." Great album, that one, especially if you like melancholic acoustic folk. I highly recommend Like Knives, and Casey's Song off that album. Stay away from his singles, Save Your Scissors; Hello, I'm In Delaware; and from his latest album, Fragile Bird. They aren't a great representation of his range, and can get very repetitive very quickly.

Also, it took me almost a full year to actually understand where the name "City & Colour" comes from.
    Yeah, my friend had that same problem with Bayside, but their latest album Killing Time won him over, lots of people have a problem with his voice and the way the music and the lyrics sometimes don't quite go together, but man, I gotta rep them when I can, cause there just aren't enough fans of them.

Stealing O'Neal are an Australian band and they're gaining quite a bit of fame around here, so I thought i'd spread the word for them, they're pretty good at what they do, and they're not the only Aussie band producing amazing music.
    The Dangerous Summer are an indie/alternative band, they're about 5 years old but haven't had much of a lift off as they're somewhat generic in some of their songs, but if you can get past some of their faults, they are a genuinely good band.

City & Colour is amazing, Alexisonfire are as well, but Dallas really has done something special with that project, and it's become a solid band now, I really loved his solo work, although I think he's kind of tainting it a little with his making it into a big band sound with Fragile Bird. But in saying that, the tracks Grand Optimist, O' Sister and Northern Wind are really beautiful and reflect his usual stuff.

Hahaha, people are just now realizing what City & Colour stands for... It's pretty darn hilarious when people are like "OOOOohhhhhh".
    "Bright and cold, the flash of steel,
    Alone I roam over desolate fields,
    My sword, I no longer need,
    The evening wind will carry me home."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deathbypenguin View Post
    Mindless Self Indulgence

Alternative/Punk/Electronica

www.myspace.com/mindlessselfindulgence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIYhbRiuVK0

MSI is awesome! It is the very first band that I grew an obsession with. Currently, I obsess over

The Offspring - California - Punk/Alternative - http://www.offspring.com/
    Like a lot of people, I previously only knew about their songs "Pretty Fly (For a White Guy)" and "Self Esteem" (they played on the radio a lot), but as I kept exploring more of their music on YouTube, I never found a bad song by them. It's so hard to find a favorite song by them. All I Want is intense (apparently also in Crazy Taxi), Burn It Up and Beheaded are good psycho songs, Gotta Get Away has a cool beat, and the album Rise And Fall Rage And Grace is where you can get their emotional stuff. In short, you won't regret checking them out.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It amazes me that people are still just discovering The Offspring. Maybe they were more popular where I grew up, but most of us could sing pretty much every word off their "Smash" and "Ixnay on the Hombre" albums.