7 58.33%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Funny or Sad

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by b1gwi11 View Post
    missed out on ur childhood?

its kind of arrogant to assume that hes a jerk just because of that one thing that he did

you know absolutely nothing of their lives together except that of the 4:52 in the video

and yet you still believe you have the rite to judge others without knowing anything about them..... kind of pathetic IMO
    Oh get bent.

The guy has to be a jerk on some level to have thought that what he did would be a good idea. Your average decent person doesn't suddenly get a bug up his ass to torment someone after all, and they certainly don't make such a display over it, even going so far as to UPLOAD IT TO THE FUCKING INTERNET! Get a clue. Or failing that, at least think before you run off at the mouth like that, going off in a misguided self-righteous tizzy.

Oh, and there's no need to be such a throbbing dickhead just because you don't agree with Harmony. Really.

Quote Originally Posted by b1gwi11 View Post
    LOL wow.... true....

well what he said still makes him seem pathetic.... not sayin he is.... just SEEMS like it
    They say that first impressions are everything, something that is pretty relevant here. Mine of you, is that you're a huge fucking asshole, and a rather large hypocrite to boot. Does that mean that I'm right? Having gone back and read the rest of your posts in this thread, it would seem that I am. You really are an asshole, and you're a rude, self-absorbed hypocrite to boot.

The point here, is that even if you suggest that basing one's opinon on first impressions is a bad idea, it's entirely reasonable to do so, especially when the circumstances come together to paint a pretty vivid picture. Much like how I'm likely right in believing you to be a self-righteous fucktard with his head up his ass, so too is Harmony right in believing that someone who would go to great lengths to humiliate his brother and then post it on the internet, is a big fucking jerk.

Now, as for you, having no basis on which build your opinions of Harmony, as he did nothing more than opine on something that's pretty black and white to anyone capable of a little insight, I believe that you can take those opinions, print them out onto heavy stock paper, roll them up into a tube, and then insert them into your asshole sideways. What you did here wasn't a case of extrapolating aspects of a person's personality through self-evident means. No, what you did here was attempt to pass judgment down on Harmony from your soap-box, believing that you had the moral upper-hand, and came off looking like a dickface with a chip on his likely hideously misshapen shoulders. Hopefully Quasimodo, you've learned a lesson here. Though if not, then I, being a man with a sense of tact so miniscule as to be non-existant, will be happy to explain it to you again, in less amiable terms.

Really though, you just ought to watch what you say to people, not knowing them at all as in this case. Something I believe you suggested Harmony do, though you lacked perspective into his particular opinion before having done it, and had you that perspective, might not have done at all. Which makes it all the more annoying that you'd do it, really. The more I think about the way you conducted yourself here, the more I want to see you stuffed into a sack and beaten with reeds.

Quote Originally Posted by strongbad View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with what you are saying, it's just that I see it differently. He didn't do any actual physical harm, the kid is going to be a little embarassed, and in a few months it will be forgoten. We apparently look a humiliation differently. If I were this kid I, after about a day I would be able to laugh this off and say, "Ok, you got me." Maybe it is just the ice water in my veins that lets me see it this way though.
    The point is that the dude never needed to take it to that level in the first place. Pranks are all well and good, but when you post them on the internet for the sole purpose of humiliating someone, then you've stepped beyond sibling rivalry and made an asshole out of yourself.

Really, I fully agree with Harmony. The thought that people so often use the internet as a tool to humiliate others is rather disgusting. This particular case even more so, because the person involved perpetrated an act of cruelty on his younger brother, and then showcased it on the web to further humiliate him. It's disgusting, and the dude is an asshole for having done it.
    Last edited by Cyberxion; 12th-February-2007 at 23:14.

Thanks

harmony: i apologize for judging you despite my not knowing you first

every1 else: im not as self absorbed as i made myself seem, despite what you all may now think about me.
    i dont know y i made myself seem that way but thats not who i am

on topic: i stand by my statements that the brother is not a arrogant jackass just because of what he did

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

And I still agree with Harmony, that the guy is a jackass for having posted it to the internet. Pranks perpetrated in private between siblings is one thing, posting it to the internet to ensure his continued torment is a different matter entirely. It's cruel, and goes way beyond simply screwing with his brother, or paying him back for some slight, imagined or otherwise.

Had the kid say, recorded himself busting up his brother's computer and then posted that video to the internet, I'd still say that the dude was an asshole for doing what he did, but the brother would join him in the pantheon of jackholes for sure. It wouldn't make what he did here right, but it would be far more understandable. However, that's not the case, is it? Even considering the possibility that the guy wasn't lying, and his little brother actually had fucked up his computer, it was done in the privacy of their own home, and not broadcast on the internet for a potential audience of hundreds of thousands to get a sick kick from. That he did just that is what makes him an asshole.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberxion View Post
    The point is that the dude never needed to take it to that level in the first place. Pranks are all well and good, but when you post them on the internet for the sole purpose of humiliating someone, then you've stepped beyond sibling rivalry and made an asshole out of yourself..
    Yeah, you are probably right. It's not something that I have ever done, or ever will. Mainly because I don't like to waste my time on pointless shit, and there are better and less humiliating ways to get people to see my point. Still though, if this happened to me, I really wouldn't care that much. I think that I could laugh it off. I guess it doesn't bother me because of the way that I am. But hey, not everyone is like me. In fact, there really aren't that many like me at all. That is probably a good thing though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    You guy are welcome anytime We have bowling and Steak & Shake. Bring beer. I like beer.

Thanks

Yeah that guys a dick, but it was entertaining and even slightly funny, since it wasnt happening to me. I tend to care less when it's just random people like that; apathy is a wonderful thing sometimes.