Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: the meaning of life

Thanks
    EP Points

I thought I was the meaning of life.

Thanks
    EP Points

The meaning of life is to reproduce. There, i win your forums.

Thanks
    EP Points

The Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything is simply 42.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jase View Post
    The meaning of life is to reproduce. There, i win your forums.
    Agreed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hijuda View Post
    That was boring. Everyone knows that the meaning of life is Stephen Colbert.
    Game, set, match.
    "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." -Frank Sinatra

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Borman View Post
    You beat me to it.
    42 is, always has been, and always will be the Ultimate Answer.
    "If my doctor told me I had six minutes to live, I wouldn't brood. I'd type a little faster."
    -Isaac Asimov

Thanks

Yes the meaning of life is to reproduce..yesss your right..but hey dont try doing it on your own buddy..go out side n take a breather hahaha

Thanks

The meaning of life?

Not to question it and live it as it is, it is not to feel rewarded by society or your peers, but to know you succeeded to find true happiness in the end of it.

In the end all people want in this life is to feel happy about something, even if they say they don't want to. To feel they fulfilled their goal and reason of being.

That is IMHO.
    "When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
    - Kabir

I will miss you guys.

Thanks

The meaning of life: Advance your species. Thats it. If you live your life and have not in some way improved the human race, then you didn't live up to the meaning. Thankfully, there are many ways to advance the human race, and sometimes you can even choose!

Example: We never let the guy who wrote "23" to reproduce. There, all living generations who see this man die without heir will have fulfilled there meaning.
    Spreading Fear and Uncertainty since 2004!

*Apparently the above doesn't fit in a custom user title. Bollocks.
    Copyright Paladin_Hammer 2007: "Deus ex Imperator". "Dio Dal Genica".
    NWO 4 Life!

Funniest Thread EVER

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Borman View Post
    QFMFT!

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker
    I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you, stranger!
    The Demon who makes Trophies of Men

Thanks

Ok ill tell you the meaning of life. THE TRUTH AND ONLY THE TRUTH! You may agree with me or not. I'm serious! The meaning of life is..... To give glory to God! Who? What God? Theres only one God im talking about. The true God the one that made this planet!!! He has a son named Jesus and you know who im talking about now.

You see i was given this information by God from within myself. Why is it you may know or dont know? Well do you really deep down really want to know the truth about everything in this world? The truth! The abosolute truth! Well... You cant prove it. You cant see it. The only way to know is by faith........... God is impressed with faith! So what im saying is the truth about everything in this world and the meaning of life is only known and can be found out by faith only....

So what am i? A Christian that believes what God says by faith. Ok im in trouble now. Why am i in trouble? Because i spoke the truth and now all evil and hell is gonna break loose maybe, i dont know for sure. Maybe something good will come out of this, only God knows. Last time i stood up for what i believed in i almost got my ass kicked but i calmed them down the best i could and when i got the chance i vanished. What a wuss i know. The only way ill fight is to protect my mom and friends from harm.

Thanks

As a fellow Christian, I agree with makenshi.
    As a member of Epforums, 42 is the way to go.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Makenshi View Post
    So what am i? A Christian that believes what God says by faith. Ok im in trouble now. Why am i in trouble? Because i spoke the truth and now all evil and hell is gonna break loose maybe, i dont know for sure. Maybe something good will come out of this, only God knows. Last time i stood up for what i believed in i almost got my ass kicked but i calmed them down the best i could and when i got the chance i vanished. What a wuss i know. The only way ill fight is to protect my mom and friends from harm.
    wow...... sad sum1 woulda wanna kick ur ass for standin up for wat u believe...

great that u stood up tho

even if ppl dont agree with ur beliefs, thats no reason not to respect the fact that thats what you believe

Thanks
    EP Points

Ok ill tell you the meaning of life. THE TRUTH AND ONLY THE TRUTH! You may agree with me or not. I'm serious! The meaning of life is..... To give glory to God! Who? What God? Theres only one God im talking about. The true God the one that made this planet!!! He has a son named Jesus and you know who im talking about now.

You see i was given this information by God from within myself. Why is it you may know or dont know? Well do you really deep down really want to know the truth about everything in this world? The truth! The abosolute truth! Well... You cant prove it. You cant see it. The only way to know is by faith........... God is impressed with faith! So what im saying is the truth about everything in this world and the meaning of life is only known and can be found out by faith only....

You've gone wrong...

You've gone wrong in the mind-tank.
    http://www.epforums.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29796&dateline=143454  3972

Thanks
    EP Points

What a wuss i know.
    Not at all. You shouldn't have to feel threatened simply for making your beliefs known. I generally do the same, anyway. I don't like conflict, so I usually just back down when it comes to arguments... Online I'm a little more willing to defend my beliefs, but even then I usually just end up feeling bad for bickering.

Anyway, I don't believe that there is any meaning to life. I don't believe in God (I don't disbelieve either, but that's another matter) nor an afterlife, so our lives are, in my eyes, nothing more than a sequence of fairly insignificant events culminating in a rather undignified return to the earth. Only the very exceptional (or very disgraceful) make a truly lasting mark upon the world, and, at 21, I'm far beyond being capable of being a Mozart, an Einstein, or a Plato. I know that three hundred years down the line, it is doubtful that anyone will remember me. Even if I have sons or daughters, in a few generations time, I'll be nothing more than a name on a family tree.

That being said, while I don't believe that there is a grandiose meaning to 'life' in general, I do believe that everyone can find a sense of purpose in something; that everyone can find a smaller, more personal 'meaning' that makes day to day life bearable. For some, it could be as innocent as getting married to a childhood sweetheart, and raising a family together. For others, it could be anything from faith and religion, to wild partying, illegal drugs, and carnal pleasures.

I think all that matters at the end of the day is that you live a happy life, and that you don't cause pain to those around you. If you are happy with who you are, and if that happiness isn't coming at the expense of the happiness of others, then that is, in my opinion, a perfectly valid reason to exist.

As for me personally... I have very simple goals in life. I don't really want to be rich or famous; I don't know what to do with even small amounts of money, and getting lots of attention just makes me nervous. I have little interest in sex, whether it be with the opposite gender or my own; all I've ever really wanted from those of either gender is friendship. And there is no doubt in my mind that I'd be a horrible parent, so I don't really want to raise a family.

I think my own 'meaning' is simply to strive for the happiness of those that I care about. Over the years, I've been lucky enough to meet some wonderful people... Even today, I'm surrounded by those who, whether they be teachers, friends, or family, have done, and continue to do their best to ensure that I am happy.

I know that I'm not really a very appealing person, for the most part. I'm socially awkward, emotionally unstable, and there's not a lot of things that I can do well. So, while I'm so grateful to everyone, there's...not really a lot that I can do for those around me in return. I know that I'll never quite be able to give back to others anywhere near as much as I have been given.

Still, if possible, I would like to do everything in my power to make the people that I care about happy. It probably sounds silly, but I'd really be so glad to just continue existing like this, alongside those that are important to me, doing my best every day to help in any way that I can. That's all that really matters to me... So long as I continue to be allowed to spend time with such lovely people, my life has plenty of meaning.