Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aspirations for the future?

Thanks

My aspirations in next years is to finish faculty and start my career as a journalist, since I remember, I always have liked to write stuff that happens around me, and I like to write about almost anything: Sports, politics and other stuff.

My parents weren't exactly happy when I told them I wanted to study that (given the fact that my brother is in the same school and they thought I just wanted to enter because of him) but I convinced them after a year and a half of having decent grades there.

On a short-term time, I want to get a job, get a 360 and saving money so I can leave home, my parents aren't kicking me out of here, but hey, I don't want to be 30 and still living here. Good thing I don't plan to move out from the city, though.

Thanks

In the long term, I aim to start a life and career in Germany. That is my goal right now, that it is to escape this hell hole and persue something that'll reward my effort rather than spit on it. And perhaps on a less serious level I'd also like to start a band and score a good record deal, but I'm not sure if that's a dream or an ambition.

In the short term, I'm just hoping I'd be able to achieve a degree in mechatronics engineering which I'm currently studying, and that alone is a great endeavor itself..

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I've been thinking about learning computer programming. Honestly, I want to become a game programmer, but seeing as that's unlikely and I would like to do something constructive with all the time I spend on the computer,and also the fact that I can start taking computer science next year(I'm in high school), I don't think that there wouldn't be a much better time to start.
    Last edited by Ivolt; 5th-February-2007 at 22:05.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Megalith View Post
    And perhaps on a less serious level I'd also like to start a band and score a good record deal, but I'm not sure if that's a dream or an ambition.
    I know what you mean. I'm thinking on the same thing, but sadly, I would have to be a solo musician, since I don't know people who likes the same music as I do.

Thanks

As for me, I'd like to live my childhood dream of becoming a video game designer. I'd also settle for guitarist.

I'm in ur head, raping ur cerebral cortex
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hijuda View Post
    As for me, I'd like to live my childhood dream of becoming a video game designer. I'd also settle for guitarist.
    Download RPG Maker, dream fulfilled.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberxion View Post
    I don't know. I'm just now, at the age of 27, realising that I enjoy writing. I guess I'd like to take some classes and do something in that vast field. I've also always wanted to go back to art school, so maybe one day I'll get over my fear of rejection, and try my hand at that.
    I know exactly what you mean about a fear of rejection. I was honestly rather petrified at the prospect of returning to full-time learning after so long away, and scared of what others might say, but... I've really had so much fun this year. Despite all of my apprehension, I'm genuinely happy that I enrolled.

As for writing, I've always believed that you're a far better writer than you give yourself credit for. And 27 certainly isn't too old to pick up something new. Even if it's not going to be a career choice, it might be nice to take some classes. As I've said, I've kind of grown increasingly interested in writing myself over the last year and a bit. Or perhaps...rediscovered an interest that I had as a child. I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    If the people arround me are happy, I'll be happy too.. I'm not really pursuing any special goal this year. Well, learning other languages is something I always liked to do, but I don't see myself doing it anytime soon :/
    That's a very selfless way of looking at things. Why is learning languages so unreasonable, though? I only started seriously looking at Japanese a few years ago, and already I've come so very far with it. You'd be surprised how far nothing more than a will to learn will carry you in other languages, and how much progress you'll make with no more than an hour or two a day. Though I suppose...you already speak perfect English, so... Maybe you wouldn't be so surprised afterall.

Regardless, if I can learn a foreign language, despite my horrific memory, then I'm convinced that anyone can.
    Last edited by Harmony; 5th-February-2007 at 23:05.

Thanks
    EP Points

Finish university, learn Japanese and go to Japan someday, reach 1 dan in aikido, preferably return to kendo later as well, achieve world domination... the usual stuff.

So much to do, so little time...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by banned View Post
    Download RPG Maker, dream fulfilled.
    I also don't want to make games that suck.

Thanks

long term - get my comp sci degree in the next 2-3 years and start makin money to leave my parents house

short term - finish my java project

right now - leave class for a smoke

Mikey_ Guest

I did have plans to be a graphic designer, but those have been placed on hold so I can take care of certain health issues I have. That's pretty much it for now. To just, get better. Then continue where I left off, academically.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony View Post
    That's a very selfless way of looking at things. Why is learning languages so unreasonable, though? I only started seriously looking at Japanese a few years ago, and already I've come so very far with it. You'd be surprised how far nothing more than a will to learn will carry you in other languages, and how much progress you'll make with no more than an hour or two a day. Though I suppose...you already speak perfect English, so... Maybe you wouldn't be so surprised afterall.

Regardless, if I can learn a foreign language, despite my horrific memory, then I'm convinced that anyone can.
    Let's say it's a mix between my usual lazyness and my lack of time :/
    And I wish, but no, my english is not perfect at all , you are very kind, Ed , one of the reasons why I force myself to use english forums is to practise it a bit since I don't have the chance to do it my real life.

Thanks

it depends on the person's study habits and such too. i speak english and armenian but when i took a spanish class back in community college i had to drop cuz i couldnt keep up

Thanks

My goals for this year is to get my contractors license and be the youngest (hopefully), at the age of 18, to own his own business.

My parents are going to back me financially and my dad and I are gonna run the business, mostly him, but technically I will be the owner.

Long term goals: Be very successful at my business; Buy my dads share in the company to let him and my mom retire then support them financially (if needed) until they pass away; Be a big enough company to do jobs around the nation; Buy out other companies from different trades to become the largest general contractor in the nation; Become a big enough company to do international jobs.

Mostly I'd like my parents to retire early so they can see the world and have them not worry about finances for the rest of their lives.

My dream would be for me to hit the powerball lotto so all my goals can come easier.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snkupo View Post
    Another thing is that I'm trying very hard to stop using snus (mouth tobacco?), but it's really hard. It also smells cat-piss, and doesn’t make me look extremely handsome P). I've been off for about a week at most, but I can't sleep when I'm off - seriously - no sleep at all.
    Oh man, I, too, am trying that right now. I quit cold turkey, stayed off for two weeks and.. went back. I've decided to only buy one 'can' a week for now, and stop alltogether later. The constant feeling of unhappyness is what made me miss it..

Eh, I went without snus for two months last summer though. Problem is that I did a lot of drinking after that, and drinking just isn't any fun without tobacco. =/

Good luck.

I don't know you, you're not my friend.

I'm full of good ideas..