Thread: Help making Power Stone selfbootable.

Thanks

Default Help making Power Stone selfbootable.

I've reached my limits here. I've obtained the Kalisto release of PS (kal-ps.bin) and I can't seem to make it selfbootable. To make matters worse, bin2boot doesn't seem to work for since whenever I try to make a .cdi, I mount it and it says the disc image is corrupted.

Since. kal-ps.bin is only around 138mb, I understand I need to add a dummy file to help loading times and reduce lens straining. I use Autodummy to open the cue/bin and create a dummied .iso. However, when I mount the .iso, it says it's ~670mB, but I can't seem to find the dummy file, so when I try to extract the game data to a folder, I still end up with 138mB .cdi (that don't even work by the way).

I just want to add a dummy to the cue/bin in a directory on my HDD with all the game files, then convert to a .cdi which I can then burn. Can I get some help. All this tinkering around and experimenting has left me flustered and confused.

Also, the bin/cue files have an IP.BIN and 1ST_READ.BIN, but I don't know why it's not selfbootable. I try to mount the image and use an emulator to check for booting, but it doesn't. That doesn't make sense.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by diablo2121 View Post
    I've reached my limits here. I've obtained the Kalisto release of PS (kal-ps.bin) and I can't seem to make it selfbootable. To make matters worse, bin2boot doesn't seem to work for since whenever I try to make a .cdi, I mount it and it says the disc image is corrupted.

Since. kal-ps.bin is only around 138mb, I understand I need to add a dummy file to help loading times and reduce lens straining. I use Autodummy to open the cue/bin and create a dummied .iso. However, when I mount the .iso, it says it's ~670mB, but I can't seem to find the dummy file, so when I try to extract the game data to a folder, I still end up with 138mB .cdi (that don't even work by the way).

I just want to add a dummy to the cue/bin in a directory on my HDD with all the game files, then convert to a .cdi which I can then burn. Can I get some help. All this tinkering around and experimenting has left me flustered and confused.

Also, the bin/cue files have an IP.BIN and 1ST_READ.BIN, but I don't know why it's not selfbootable. I try to mount the image and use an emulator to check for booting, but it doesn't. That doesn't make sense.

Any help is appreciated.
    First off, don't worry about the dummy file. I don't dummy any of mine, and my laser is fine

Now, I recommend the Echelon Selfbooting method, as opposed to any booting program. It's more accurate, and even though the learning curve is kinda steep, after you 'get it' you'll never selfboot any other way.

I have an archive of all the tools needed to selfboot, plus a simplified tutorial for Non-CDDA games. I'm uploading it now.

will edit in the link in a few minutes.

EDIT: here ya go http://download.yousendit.com/167D2939415C3899
    Last edited by Sprung; 3rd-February-2007 at 18:52.

Thanks
    EP Points

You don't need to dummy the images. I don't either.
    However I do use Bin2Boot. If I ever have problems with Bin2boot I rename the "bin2boot.exe" to "b2b.exe", then re-try it. Most likely it's trying to give the CDI the name "bin2boot.cdi" which totally makes it spaz. So yea rename bin2boot.exe.

Thanks

You weren't kidding. This way is a lot better. Thanks a million for compiling all the tools for the tutorial. I ran across it earlier, but was too lazy to gather all the components.

I've noticed there wasn't a Power Stone torrent here (or anywhere for that matter). I'll upload a CDI version later on the tracker.

Thanks again, Sprung.

I've heard that some games, like REZ for example, freeze up without a dummy file.
    Last edited by diablo2121; 3rd-February-2007 at 20:14.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by diablo2121 View Post
    You weren't kidding. This way is a lot better. Thanks a million for compiling all the tools for the tutorial. I ran across it earlier, but was too lazy to gather all the components.

I've noticed there wasn't a Power Stone torrent here (or anywhere for that matter). I'll upload a CDI version later on the tracker.

Thanks again, Sprung.
    No problem

Thanks
    EP Points

Every Kalisto release I've bin2boot'd with bin2boot's worked a treat. I never had a problem. I didn't really like the idea of using command lines back then GAH I was a noob okay. So yeah I might grab them tools, might come in handy.