Thread: Getting the Music Off

Thanks

Default Getting the Music Off

I actually did some experimenting a while back with directly implementing a Game Genie alteration code into a Genesis Rom and it worked. I was wondering if there was anyway to get the Rom to turn off the music entirely without hindering the SFX layers? Why the hell do I want to do this? Well I'd like to play the Rom with my popular pick of OC Remixes for that particular game (including mine lol). If anyone knows if it's possible and how i may go about doing this than I could really use your help.

Also anyone know of a good way to do this with PSX stuff?

Thanks
    EP Points

It would be great if you told us what game.

Thanks

Default Well

Well,
    Particularly I'm trying to do it on Sonic 1-3, Streets of Rage 1-3, Ristar, and probably Bubsy Bobcat. For PSX for the moment just FF7.

Thanks
    EP Points

If you chose to do this on a game with CDDA, then you just use ISOBuster, to extract the first track. Then make a CUE. Then you replace the tracks that are meant to be there with ones you want. Then edit the CUE accordingly.
    Not sure for games without CDDA though, maybe Zorlon knows.