Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Burning PS2 images.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I think it's because data is often spread out between both layers, meaning that even if you could rip a game to two disks, you may stand a chance that data might not end up on the disk that requires it, leading the game to be unbootable.

I'm sure there's a technical explanation for what I'm on about, but I'll be damned if I know it. I'm not even sure if I'm right, but it sounds close enough for Government work.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberxion View Post
    I think it's because data is often spread out between both layers, meaning that even if you could rip a game to two disks, you may stand a chance that data might not end up on the disk that requires it, leading the game to be unbootable.
    Yeah, I think you're right there. It's especially inconvenient for games that allow you to do a lot of backtracking, as you might stumble into an area that's been split onto the other disc. The only multi-disc rip I've ever actually finished was Grandia II on the Dreamcast, and that lent itself well to being split up, as it doesn't allow you to return to most areas...

Thanks

How do you know you are burning on a good quality disk? Is the blue/purple color darker on the good discs then the cheap discs?

Thanks
    EP Points

It's all about the dye. I'll let someone that knows what they're talking about answer. You can scan the discs with Alcohol 120%.

Thanks

For me, the best media for burn PS2 games is Verbatim (they used MCC media) and Imation. Flawless burn!
    #1 Member of AAA (Astonish & Amazing Asa-sempai) (the green haired anime girl in my avatar)
    Watch Shuffle!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MagmaR View Post
    For me, the best media for burn PS2 games is Verbatim (they used MCC media) and Imation. Flawless burn!
    Thanks. I usualy use either Sony discs or Verbatim for my DVD burning so since you said those are the best, I will stick with those.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I've used Sony, Fujifilm, Ridata, Memorex and TDK DVDs, some -R, some +R, and they've all worked fine for me. I've not had a problem with any of these, not even once.