Thread: Castlevania Symphony of the Night only playing title screen

Thanks

Default Castlevania Symphony of the Night only playing title screen

I'm running the Adripsx emu.Maybe not so great but it works so I don't see why I should change it

I've been through the tut. on extracting the files with winrar a few times and I'm sure I have it right.I put everything on the desktop just to be simple for now and extracted the lowest number file(#01).

It starts out with the little Konami thing and goes to the title screen "hit start" and then just a black screen.

Thanks

thats because adripsx sucks thats the reason you should change it.... get psxfin if your looking for ease of use or epsxe if you want more options as in graphical enhancements.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Heli View Post
    I'm running the Adripsx emu.Maybe not so great but it works so I don't see why I should change it

I've been through the tut. on extracting the files with winrar a few times and I'm sure I have it right.I put everything on the desktop just to be simple for now and extracted the lowest number file(#01).

It starts out with the little Konami thing and goes to the title screen "hit start" and then just a black screen.
    oooh. ok listen, just use ePSXe or psxfin. the one you're using isn't that great. compatability is most likely the problem. there is a small chance it's a bad iso though. but before you go and DL a new one just try it with ePSXe first. (i actuually haven't heard much about the one you're using is why i say it isn't great)

Thanks

The thing is that I've tried epsxe and after ensuring the open GL plugin was configured and putting the BIOS in I try and run it and it just locks up.I couldn't get it to recognize my sound plugin but I figured that wasn't really needed.I could be wrong of course.

I'll try psxfin next though, thanks.

I've just been looking and can't seem to find a psxfin download.Can you supply a link?Thanks.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 29th-January-2007 at 13:31.

I'm in ur head, raping ur cerebral cortex
    Thanks

what's Castlevania S.O.C.? Only two for the PSX I've heard of are Chronicles and Symphony of the Night.

Thanks

its most commonly know as psX but its original name was psxfin http://emulator-zone.com/doc.php/psx/psx_em.html

Thanks

Oh woopsie...I meant S.O.N. on castlevania sorry.

Thanks for the link.

Ok just got it and I get an error...

"The application has failed to start because d3dx9_26.dll was not found.Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

I unzipped it a few times though so I think it's other than that.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 29th-January-2007 at 13:33.

Thanks

do you have direct x 9 installed

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rydia View Post
    do you have direct x 9 installed
    yep sure do.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Heli, if you still need that dll file, check this link:
    http://www.epforums.org/showpost.php...9&postcount=10

If you want to give ePSXe another try then be sure to use Eternal SUP 1.41 as your sound plugin are read these threads on how to configure the emu:

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?t=26432
    http://www.lordkane.co.uk/forums/index.php?board=8.0

Thanks
    EP Points

Man people should really google...To get DLL's that are missing type it into google, donwload it, put it in Windows\System32\ The program that was erroring will now function. and Brightside, it's actually known as "pSX" not "psX".

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

And since PSX has become a standard abbreviation for PlayStation, having an emulator called pSX was just too confusing.

So, people started referring to it as pSXfin or (for those too lazy to press their Shift key) psxfin, and that became it's official, unofficial name.

Its official name is still pSX though.

And since this emulator is constantly being updated, you sahould check the home page every so often to see if there's a new version:
    http://psxemulator.gazaxian.com/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SegNin View Post
    And since PSX has become a standard abbreviation for PlayStation, having an emulator called pSX was just too confusing.

So, people started referring to it as pSXfin or (for those too lazy to press their Shift key) psxfin, and that became it's official, unofficial name.

Its official name is still pSX though.

And since this emulator is constantly being updated, you sahould check the home page every so often to see if there's a new version:
    http://psxemulator.gazaxian.com/
    Many people uses PSX to refer PlayStation console because the original name given by Sony to prototype SNES CD-Rom Add-on was PlayStationXtreme (PSX) and all know in fact the video console named PlayStation derived from that Add-on, so...

A little bit of Video ConsoleĀ“s History!
    #1 Member of AAA (Astonish & Amazing Asa-sempai) (the green haired anime girl in my avatar)
    Watch Shuffle!