Thread: Recycle Bin Wont let me empty a corrupt file

Thanks

Default Recycle Bin Wont let me empty a corrupt file

i trashed a corrupt directory (Utorrent) because i had to hard shutdown my comp last night. I reinstalled utorrent, because it kept giving me the resume.dat crap, and deleted the applications data utorrent folder because most of the files got corrupted. But now, it wont let me empty the recycle bin because of the corrupt files. how do i get rid of them?

My Request & Game List

Thanx to the many people in the community of emuparadise, i know have 3 bars of reputation! It says Snake Solid has a spectacular aura about.

Did i say something funny or upload something dat you were looking forward 2 in da post above? Gimme rep by clicking da button on top of my post!

(\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < )

Dis is Bunny. Copy Bunny in2 ur signature 2 help him on his way 2 world domination!

Thanks
    EP Points

There's a program that lets you delete files that are 'access denied'/'another person or program is using it'. I don't recall it's name atm, but I think that should let you delete the corrupted files straight from the PC, not into the recycle bin.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FallenxAstaroth View Post
    There's a program that lets you delete files that are 'access denied'/'another person or program is using it'. I don't recall it's name atm, but I think that should let you delete the corrupted files straight from the PC, not into the recycle bin.
    This should do it...

http://killbox.net/

But am not sure whether it will empty your recycle bin. May be you can click "restore" and delete it from its actual folder/place on the HDD

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks
    EP Points

If you google "MOVEONBOOT" you will find some shit that does the job too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaara
    Get in my way and I'll kill you!!!
    Ok. Try me

Thanks
    EP Points

Instead of wasting time installing apps just boot your computer in safe mode.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ktiger41 View Post
    Extreme as it sounds, that does not always do the trick .
    It is however, usually possible to delete it with writing commands. Not that that is a fast solution.

Thanks

This happened to me lately, except I could empty the bin after a reboot. If this isn't the case, try CCleaner, it deletes files from the recycle bin, and is very good for deleting files that are in use.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ktiger41 View Post
    Worth a try, but am not sure whether he can access the recycle bin in Safe Mode in the first place but I might be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by snkupo View Post
    Ok. Try me
    Gaara Sand Coffin's snkupo......snkupo bleeds

Edit: Man I miss the old smilies at EP. I wanted to put that "nosebleed" smiley over there

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

I'm in ur head, raping ur cerebral cortex
    Thanks

Easy way to do this

CTRL+ALT+DEL>Task Manager> end explorer.exe, then click File>run> and type in explorer.exe and now you can empty your recycle bin.

Mikey_ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by banned View Post
    Easy way to do this

CTRL+ALT+DEL>Task Manager> end explorer.exe, then click File>run> and type in explorer.exe and now you can empty your recycle bin.
    Or use a program called Unlocker. Which also unlocks any items locked in place by explorer.exe. All you need to do is install this little free program, right click on whatever items are not wanting to delete, unlock, and that's it. You can now delete. You can thank polo for that one.

Thanks

I already have unlocker. Since the file isnt in use, Unlocker wont work, but it brings up a "what would you want done with the file" window, i clicked delete file, and it wouldnt work. Ima try ccleaner now, since i already have it. OMG it worked. Wow that surprised me. Thanks Maca

My Request & Game List

Thanx to the many people in the community of emuparadise, i know have 3 bars of reputation! It says Snake Solid has a spectacular aura about.

Did i say something funny or upload something dat you were looking forward 2 in da post above? Gimme rep by clicking da button on top of my post!

(\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < )

Dis is Bunny. Copy Bunny in2 ur signature 2 help him on his way 2 world domination!