Thread: error in converting psx img to iso?

Thanks

Question error in converting psx img to iso?

i have a lots of psx cd's and i wanted to make an ISO of it, but the problem is when i start converting using isobuster i got an error saying unreadable sectors blah blah..

what do you think i must do? i think the .str files and .xa files is the unreadable one.

nid some of your help here..

thanks.....

my english suckss sorry..

Thanks

I don't know if it's just the program you're using, but I've tried several others and found MagicISO to be the best for this purpose. Hope it helps.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Get Alcohol 120%, go to make an image with it and check the Skip Read Errors and Fast Skip checkboxes. Naturally this is bad, there will be errors in the image wherever it screwed up. So get CDmage and scan the image, if you're somehow lucky your image might just be fine, if not make another image with Alcohol. Then scan your new image with CDmage and see if the errors are different, if they are you can import the proper sectors to each image. If needed keep making images and scanning+importing till you get a perfect image

Oh and if your game has CD audio you will have to listen test it for problems... Just mount the image (use Alcohol 120% or Daemon Tools) and play the image with media player. Or if you happen to have a couple images laying on your HD (which happens after the steps I mentioned above) you can just check if the CRCs match on any of the bin files, matching ones are probably fine. Although it's rare to get that off a beatup disc.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

i already used the magicISO but when its done, my game is freezing. cant even play it..looks like something is missing.

btw thanks..

i really nid to know a program that can make iso and can read .str and .xa files..

Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

The filetypes make no difference, it's just raw data. Do what i said now, it's a bit of work, but there's no way around it.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Magic ISO is not recommended as it can screw the .str and .xa files. Use only ISOBuster. If your discs are too scratched you'll have to do what Ragnar said.
    Here you got a guide on how to use CDMage by Zorlon in case that you need it:
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?p=523144

Thanks
    EP Points

Ah I was about to point out Alcohol 120% set to Playstation/CloneCD image type, then CDmage to repair the errors. But they have already been noted.
    From the raw files you can use DiscJuggler to burn the data to a disc that your Playstation will read- You go to "Create New CD's", Select the drive you'll be using, in "CD Recording - Advanced" you want this:

"Mode 2 CD-ROM XA"

Then go back to the file browser, drag & drop the files onto Session 1 on the CDR, then click start. However I recommend you lower the speed, to about 8-16x, depending on what you can do.

This is about the only thing I use DiscJuggler for, and version doesn't matter.