Thread: Question on burning.

Thanks

Default Question on burning.

My ps2 is not reading cd,s,so what i want to do is burn the images of them to dvd,is this possible?if so how do i do it.
    I made an iso from one of my cd,s using dvd dycripter and burnt it to a dvd but when i stuck it my ps2 it wouldnt work.

Any help would be appreciated.
    MY WANTS LIST

PSX.Dezaemon Kids.

[

Mikey_ Guest

Your PS2 isn't reading original CD's? If you want your PS2 to read any sort of burned CD or DVD, you need to have it modded, or have a way of swapping discs. Also, I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think CD based games will run on DVD's. I may be wrong.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Your PS2 isn't reading original CD's? If you want your PS2 to read any sort of burned CD or DVD, you need to have it modded, or have a way of swapping discs. Also, I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think CD based games will run on DVD's. I may be wrong.
    Thanks for quick reply.

My ps2 is chipped,and it still reads original cd's,but it wont read burnt cd's(i think the lazers on its way out).
    i once downloaded a ps2 game which i know is a cd based game(it was an iso and it was smaller than 750mb),when i used alcohol to burn it it would only let me burn it to a dvd,so going by this i think it might be possible,
    MY WANTS LIST

PSX.Dezaemon Kids.

[

Mikey_ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nikism View Post
    Thanks for quick reply.

My ps2 is chipped,and it still reads original cd's,but it wont read burnt cd's(i think the lazers on its way out).
    i once downloaded a ps2 game which i know is a cd based game(it was an iso and it was smaller than 750mb),when i used alcohol to burn it it would only let me burn it to a dvd,so going by this i think it might be possible,
    What kind of chip did you buy? Sounds dumb, but maybe the chip only let's the PS2 read burned PS2 games. It only allowed you to burn to DVD, were your options set to Playstation 2? If so, that could be why. I'm guessing maybe if you had it set to PS2, it'll only burn to DVD's, which most PS2 games are on.

Thanks

Simply burning a PS2-CD game image to a DVD won't work.

Is this the first burned CD game you've tried to run? What type was it?
    My Trade List (Updated: Jan 24, 2007). Now Taking Requests.

This is teh Intarwebz...We care not for Copyrights!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

What you can do is converting your cd games to dvd games, it won't work for every game but it's worth to try since there are a lot of games where this method will work.

Saito wrote a good tutorial on how to do it and the tools needed are posted in this thread too:

http://www.epforums.org/ps2-cd-dvd-p...tml#post854703

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    What you can do is converting your cd games to dvd games, it won't work for every game but it's worth to try since there are a lot of games where this method will work.

Saito wrote a good tutorial on how to do it and the tools needed are posted in this thread too:

http://www.epforums.org/ps2-cd-dvd-p...tml#post854703
    Well, what actually happens is any PS2 game has "checks" in it. If a particular PS2 game is a CD game, then it has "CD checks" embedded in it. So, all you need to do is make an ISO of that game and get a program to scan that ISO for "checks" and convert em from "CD checks" to "DVD checks" so that when that game is booted up on a PS2 thru DVD, it will find all the "DVD checks" in place and run the game.

Although as Cookie Monster said, this method might not be possible for every CD game. That link seems to be really good if you wanna get started.

The same thing happened to my modded PS2. It won't boot any PS2 CD games anymore. Its kinda like almost 4 years old, so I think the laser is getting weak or somethin . The only CD game that I was interested in using was Gameshark 2 v4 so I can cheat but since my PS2 stopped booting CD games, I googled up loads of stuff (kinda like the ones given in that link) and read up on many articles posted by various people on various forums. Downloaded a program that would find all the "checks" and fix em as required, and guess what, IT WORKED It just worked perfectly

Now am booting Gameshark 2 v4.0 (which is actually a CD game burned on a DVD) without any problems and the codes seem to work just fine , although I've recently shifted my interest from Gameshark to Codebreaker due to BETTER CODES
    Last edited by Kazekage Gaara; 23rd-January-2007 at 16:34.

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks

Thanks for all the replys,i am going to try saitos ps2 cd to dvd tutorial.
    MY WANTS LIST

PSX.Dezaemon Kids.

[

Thanks

I tried saitos ps2 cd to dvd tutorial,tried it with a couple of games and they all run perfect on both of my chipped ps2,s.
    problem solved.

thanks cookie for pointing it out,and thanks saito for the guide..
    MY WANTS LIST

PSX.Dezaemon Kids.

[

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

You are welcome, but it's all saito's merit
    If any of the games you tested and worked are not in the list, please post the names there so we can update the list.