Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: i need HELP!

Thanks
    EP Points

Default i need HELP!

ok, i have Marvel vs Capcom 2, and Chankast, & the BIOS...how do i get it to work?

Mikey_ Guest

You should use a program like Alcohol 120% or Daemon Tools (since it's free and reliable) to create a virtual drive, and mount the .cdi file to it. Once that's done, assuming you have everything set up (as in choosing which drive to look at for the mounted game), you should be good to go. Depending on your PC's specs also.

Thanks
    EP Points

where is all of that stuff at?

Mikey_ Guest

You probably want this version of Daemon Tools. You already said you have the game, emulator, and bios. So all you need to do is set up the virtual drive using DT.

Thanks
    EP Points

oh, i got: Daemon Tools v4.08 X86 32 Bits (with SPTD 1.39)

Mikey_ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lizard81288 View Post
    oh, i got: Daemon Tools v4.08 X86 32 Bits (with SPTD 1.39)
    Mmkay. Launch it, you should see the Daemon icon in your tray (lower left hand corner of your screen, near the location of the time). Right click it, create the virtual drive, and mount the game.

Just out of curiousity, what specs does your computer have?

Thanks
    EP Points

a little lost....

so what do i do next?

ok, so i right clicked on the icon, and it says:

virtual cd/dvd-rom

Device 0: [f: ] no media [>](arrow tab thing) mount images & set devise parameters

unmount all drives

set number of devices [>] 4,3,2,1,disable

Emulation

safedisk

securom

laserlock

RMPS

all options on

all options off

options

secure mode(on)

automount(on)

InUse check

AutoStart(on)

Tray icon(on)

help

so what do i do next?

Mikey_ Guest

Device 0: [f: ] no media [>](arrow tab thing) mount images
    Right there. Mount image, which basically means you need to browse to where you have your game file.

Thanks
    EP Points

what do i do after that?(could you walk me through it...)

Mikey_ Guest

After that, you launch Chankast. Look through the settings and such. Make sure you point to the right (virtual) drive that has the mounted game. If you don't know which one that is, open up My Computer and take a look at which drive has your game mounted. After that, you may want to configure your control pad, assuming you have one. I may be missing a few things here because I don't have Chankast on this PC at the moment, I'm just going off my memory.

Thanks
    EP Points

WOW never mind i got it...but now it says"i need a memery card"...were do i get that at???

Mikey_ Guest

WOW never mind i got it...but now it says"i need a memery card"...were do i get that at???
    That's uh, a good question. One I can't really answer. Because....I never created one myself. See, I've had issues with Chankast running way too fast to actually enjoy using the emulator. So, I never got that much time with it. Only attempting to trouble shoot certain things. I think Segnin, Cookie or Sprung would most likely be able to pick up where I left off here. I'm really sorry I'm not able to continue to assist you further.

Thanks
    EP Points

Do people ever rad FAQ's and Tutorials these days?

Q: I can't save my progress on any game. It says that there is no memory card or that the memory card does not have enough free blocks even though it's full. Why?
    A: You have to create a memory card from the plugins configuration of the emulator; then run the emulator without a CD in the (virtual) drive and from the options screen that will show up choose the memory card icon and then choose the memory card and format it (fully erase it).
    http://www.epforums.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29796&dateline=143454  3972

Mikey_ Guest

Thanks alot Darth. I needed that also.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Just a small note, for Dreamcast emulation the recommended version of Daemon Tools is 3.29.