Page 97 of 103 FirstFirst ... 47879293949596979899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1539

Thread: The all encompassing "Suggest a game!" thread.

Thanks

Oooooo, what selections to wake up to! Thanks, guys! Some of these I knew of already, but I'm also seeing many that sound very promising.

@deadlegion - Some good ones, yep. Also, it might not be shown, but I've got the Fallout game. I played it for a few minutes, a real stunner. For years (I saw some reviews/gameplay videos/etc.) I assumed that the PS3 was just a 'mild enhancement' over the PS2.....boy, was I wrong. Checking out games like Fallout, Dead Island, Tomb Raider, and Skyrim just about had my lower jaw on the floor.

@Zorlon - Dunno if you saw that other thread, but I remember you from before. You helped me with some PSP stuff years ago.
    Regarding Dead Island, it's probably the one I've spent the most time with thus far. (Sadly, I've not even put 85% of these games into the console, I've been more in 'gather first' mode, heh.) I spent maybe a month, off and on, enjoying that island. Thing is, I got very frustrated with those 'super zombies' that seem to repeatedly SLAP you away no matter what you do. Fuckers.

Also: I don't use any sort of 'e-stores', online services, etc. I've never even played a game online. Not my scene.

Thanks, keep 'em coming!

Oh -- Is there a way to get a 'notification' when I've got replies to a thread?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Portable_Gaming View Post
    Oooooo, what selections to wake up to! Thanks, guys! Some of these I knew of already, but I'm also seeing many that sound very promising.

@deadlegion - Some good ones, yep. Also, it might not be shown, but I've got the Fallout game. I played it for a few minutes, a real stunner. For years (I saw some reviews/gameplay videos/etc.) I assumed that the PS3 was just a 'mild enhancement' over the PS2.....boy, was I wrong. Checking out games like Fallout, Dead Island, Tomb Raider, and Skyrim just about had my lower jaw on the floor.

@Zorlon - Dunno if you saw that other thread, but I remember you from before. You helped me with some PSP stuff years ago.
    Regarding Dead Island, it's probably the one I've spent the most time with thus far. (Sadly, I've not even put 85% of these games into the console, I've been more in 'gather first' mode, heh.) I spent maybe a month, off and on, enjoying that island. Thing is, I got very frustrated with those 'super zombies' that seem to repeatedly SLAP you away no matter what you do. Fuckers.

Also: I don't use any sort of 'e-stores', online services, etc. I've never even played a game online. Not my scene.

Thanks, keep 'em coming!

Oh -- Is there a way to get a 'notification' when I've got replies to a thread?
    I am one of the main er helpers so kinda loose track sorry

And yeah just go to Settings then Subscriptions from there you can set notifications via e-mail

It is worth looking at PSN you do not need to pay to look at it, it's not a subscription or anything like that, though if you don't do online payments there is little point in even looking I guess

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Hitman Absolution is also pretty good.

Thanks

Default Best NASCAR/F1 Game for PS1?

Which are the best NASCAR/F1 Game for PS1?

Thanks

Kamen Rider: Super Climax Heroes for the Wii.

I think it's kinda rare, so good luck.

Or is it already on the website? I dunno...

Thanks

Default anime and manga themed games

im looking for anime and manga themed games on ps 1-4 and classic xbox and xbox 360. exist a list of this?
    it dont have to be from a manga of anime its just i like anime styled games and i play almost every genre

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Xbox is kind of a wasteland for that unless you really like shumps or Mistwalker releases.

As for Playstation, you're in an oasis. Look up JRPGs on the PS2 and you will be satisfied for years. Ones that stick out especially include Sakura Wars: So Long My Love (fifth game in the series, but the only translated), Tales of the Abyss, Rogue Galaxy, Wild Arms 5 (even with cheesy anime style opening), Persona 3 and 4, the entire Ape Escape series, Mega Man Legends, GOD HAND (not stylized graphically but takes almost entirely from stuff like Fist of the North Star except wacky), Mana Khemia, Grandia II, and the Zone of the Enders series. Also look into the Yakuza games, they all have realistic style art, but the actual presentation is very action anime/manga with a ton of ridiculous moments.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

360 has Lost Odyssey, Magna Carta II, Infinite Undiscovery and more (the usual Final Fantasy crap etc). Although only the first is exclusive, and if you want an "undub" get the Asian (not Japanese) release which has Japanese audio and English sub options (although it's NTSC-J/PAL regions only afaik...but I guess jtag/rgh would probably get around that issue).

Original Xbox doesn't have much that's good. Some people like to mention Phantom Dust but it's total shit honestly.
    Metal Wolf Chaos is a decent mecha type game with crazy plot, Japanese exclusive but mostly English anyway and there's a translation for the rest.

Edit:
    For some of the titles mentioned in post #2...Sakura Wars So Long My Love is also on Wii, Mega Man Legends is on PC, Zone of the Enders HD Collection is on 360 and PS3.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 27th-June-2017 at 22:25.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I wouldn't recommend that Wii version because of awkward control remapping. I'd also double check download ports and HD remakes, especially from Konami. These versions sometimes, somehow, make the game worse than it originally was. See the most famous example, the Silent Hill 2 HD remaster.

Thanks
    EP Points

Some HD remasters end up being shitty because PS2 versions are used as a base. I'm not really sure but that might be the reason SH2 HD is shit.
    Why use the shittiest version of the game?

Anyway, OP was asking about Xbox & 360. ZOE HD 360 is the only option there. Not all PS3s can play PS2 games in fact most can't and PS2 emulation without the extra hardware on that platform is very limited. 360 has better overall BC across all console versions technically (although obviously still not every title and not 100% perfect).

As for SH well 2 is on Xbox and probably works on 360 without worrying about HD version (I haven't checked). I think the PS3 HD collection was patched but maybe still not really well idk.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 27th-June-2017 at 22:54.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If I remember correctly, the problem was the inability to give a crap.

They actually forgot to add in new fog effects when the old fog was lessened and even removed in parts, causing the ends of the map hidden by the fog to be suddenly visible. Also, Konami in general has just been doing a terrible job with the games side of things for the past few years and are now transitioning out of the field for the most part for profits elsewhere. Anything they've re-released should be researched first.

I'm still amazed they somehow made a worse dub than the already bad dub for SH2, though. That one genuinely confuses me.

Thanks
    EP Points

They used poor quality assets to begin with and really messed it up.
    PS2 version you might think looks good but really anything on that platform is pretty shitty unless you emulate on PC with good hardware, upscale and shit like that (same for PSX).
    People like PS2 for the huge library but the hardware is weak Also like I said you can't play a heap of PS2 games on most PS3 consoles anyway.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Really shouldn't have been so hard to keep in the same tricks every old version did to hide graphical blemishes and create atmosphere. There's a good number of good HD remasters with games from the PS2 era out there, but Konami is especially bad at them.

Thanks

some people (like me) dont have enough cash for a gaming pc to get all ps2 games work, but a chipped ps2 cost only 50€.
    remember that when you talking about ps2 emulation.

Thanks
    EP Points

I need a new 3p game thats local and a good time. Ps4, Ps3 games perferably.
    Layin down enjoying the fun unleashing the power of the sun and capturing them all until I'm done.