Page 7 of 103 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast

Thread: The all encompassing "Suggest a game!" thread.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Xena View Post
    Hmm, there's Dead to Rights. ^^

It's a complete Max Payne rip-off. Have only played through the first DtR and it was okay-ish. Nothing special. Lots of fast-pasted action and esplotions if you like that kind of thing.

My personal favorite third person shooter on the PC is Freedom Fighters. That game is just amazing. Russia invades America, and you must lead a small group of Freedom Fighters to liberate The United States. You get to choose which strongholds and key positions you liberate, so it actually feels like you're making a difference to the war, and every stronghold liberation must be tackled differently, so it doesn't get repetative.

Just Cause and Gunz Online are also pretty good, although Just Cause gets very boring and Gunz is online only.
    I have Freedom Fighters, and I agree, it's an amazing game. I've also got Gunz, but yesterday Gunz and Gunbound both stopped working for some reason. Grah.
    I'll try out Dead to Rights, The Punisher, and Conflict Global Storm, though. Thanks, guys.
    As I was walking down the stair,
    I met a man who wasn't there.
    He wasn't there again today.
    I wish, I wish he'd go away.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphis Cain View Post
    Wow...I think that's the first time I've ever recommended an EA game. O_o
    Never played those LOTR games? Some of 'em are pretty good.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsetlemming View Post
    I have Freedom Fighters, and I agree, it's an amazing game. I've also got Gunz, but yesterday Gunz and Gunbound both stopped working for some reason. Grah.
    I'll try out Dead to Rights, The Punisher, and Conflict Global Storm, though. Thanks, guys.
    You're welcome. And yeah, I was on Gunz today, didn't work for me either. I think you have to download an update from their site.

Actually, if anyone knows of a very good MMO game, preferabley an RPG, I'd be very happy to try it.

I already play World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy XI, Gunz, Biosfear, Runescape and City of Heroes.
    Raaagghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... hh..

Thanks

Albatross18/Pangya is pretty ace. My team got to the quaterfinals in the World Cup.

Um.. you said you wanted a golf game.. rajt?

I don't know you, you're not my friend.

I'm full of good ideas..

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Xena View Post
    You're welcome. And yeah, I was on Gunz today, didn't work for me either. I think you have to download an update from their site.

Actually, if anyone knows of a very good MMO game, preferabley an RPG, I'd be very happy to try it.

I already play World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy XI, Gunz, Biosfear, Runescape and City of Heroes.
    Runescape and Imperium are free browser based ones. Runescape is absolute shit, but Imperium is good fun (as long as a giant country isn't shitting all over yours because they're bored). www.nevertales.com for Imperium.

*edit* I just tried to play Gunbound and it rebooted my computer. o_____o I feel like shooting someone. I just ran a memtest and it went to a bit less than 30% before hitting an error, when just four days ago it went to over 800% and didn't have a problem. Good God, what the fuck is wrong.
    *edit 2* And just now it reached 140%. O_o Something's wrong somewhere...
    Last edited by Jetsetlemming; 16th-March-2007 at 06:06.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsetlemming View Post
    Holy crap. Gunbound is still around? wow. That's some old skool fun. I gotta play some of that stuff again.

Thanks
    EP Points

They ain't around for me no mores.

Thanks

I need something like Megaman Legends 1 and 2. The "collect items to make new weapons" thing, the modifications, the run and gun rpg style, side quests, story... They should just make a Megaman Legends 3

Thanks
    EP Points

Cave Story. http://agtp.romhack.net/project.php?id=cavestory
    Or, any metroid game.

Thanks
    EP Points

Umm... I normally don't really like emulating handhelds (if the picture is blown up to fullscreen, it doesn't look very nice, and if it's not, I get distracted by the computer backdrop ), but I've finished most things worth playing for every console up to and including the N64 now, so I recently started playing GBA games on my laptop during the bus journeys to and from college.

As I never owned a GBA, and never really liked playing the games emulated, I've played almost none of its library (literally only Sword of Mana and the Castlevanias). I know it had a ton of nice games, as I was considering buying one for the longest time, but I can't for the life of me think of any. So anyone's recommendations as to their favorites would be very welcome. I tend to like RPGs and 2-D shooters best, but I'll play almost anything good. Japanese-only titles are fine too; I'll probably go with the Japanese versions of games anyway, as I need to keep practicing. ^_~ Thanks a bunch!

Thanks

i reconmend the paly2 gaems
    it have very very good gaems and the dagorn ball gaems and the fighting gaems are very good done and i paly them with my friend but he do not have the paly2 and we play in my house

Borly the supersayin definitive!

EVER BODY SORRY

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony View Post
    Umm... I normally don't really like emulating handhelds (if the picture is blown up to fullscreen, it doesn't look very nice, and if it's not, I get distracted by the computer backdrop ), but I've finished most things worth playing for every console up to and including the N64 now, so I recently started playing GBA games on my laptop during the bus journeys to and from college.

As I never owned a GBA, and never really liked playing the games emulated, I've played almost none of its library (literally only Sword of Mana and the Castlevanias). I know it had a ton of nice games, as I was considering buying one for the longest time, but I can't for the life of me think of any. So anyone's recommendations as to their favorites would be very welcome. I tend to like RPGs and 2-D shooters best, but I'll play almost anything good. Japanese-only titles are fine too; I'll probably go with the Japanese versions of games anyway, as I need to keep practicing. ^_~ Thanks a bunch!
    The Castlevanias as you've mentioned, the Metroids, the Advanced Wars (There are two, I think), Final Fantasy Tactics: Advanced is alright, you like RPGs so you'd dig it (It doesn't live up to FFT on the PS, though ), Zelda: Minish Cap, the Mario games are all on the GBA as well as a number of other SNES and NES games that have been ported... Oh, and Golden Sun 1 and 2. That's all I can think of that I've played.

Thanks

Weeee!

Fire Emblem VI with a translation patch.
    Fire Emblem VII <- Prequel to FEVI.
    Fire Emblem VIII <- Unrelated universe/story.

I'd say the the seventh game is the best out of those three, but I love them all. Then there's Advance Wars I&II, Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced (although I must say that it was quite disappointing) and Tactics Ogre: The Knights of Lodis (I think.. ). I'm sure I'm forgetting about a ton of games, but that's really all I can think of.

I'm full of good ideas..

Thanks
    EP Points

Yay, thank you both. Actually, I totally forgot about Golden Sun. Wanted to play that back when it was first released... And Fire Emblem. I've never really played any of that series. Actually, that's something I still need to take a look at SNES-wise too.

There's Tactics Ogre for the GBA, though? :O Never even realised. ^.^ Similar / different to the PSX one? Matsuno directed?

Thanks

Yay, thank you both. Actually, I totally forgot about Golden Sun. Wanted to play that back when it was first released... And Fire Emblem. I've never really played any of that series. Actually, that's something I still need to take a look at SNES-wise too.

There's Tactics Ogre for the GBA, though? :O Never even realised. ^.^ Similar / different to the PSX one? Matsuno directed?
    You do. There's only one SNES game that's somewhat properly translated though..

Yeah, and it's excellent. Hmm, I haven't played the SNES game in ages, and only in Japanese (I finally got around downloading the PSX game last week, I've had it for years, but that disc won't work properly) so I don't really remember that much about it. I'd say it's pretty similar, with a few nice additions (that's actually an assumption seeing as I don't really know how the class system worked in the old game.. because I don't know Japanese). Oh, and I have no idea who directed it.. =/ Still, brilliant game with plenty of story-determing choices and branches.

I'm full of good ideas..