Page 63 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1353585960616263646566676873 ... LastLast

Thread: The all encompassing "Suggest a game!" thread.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Johoto View Post
    Been looking for older games that will run on my ancient Toshiba Satellite. Any sugggestions? Already running a ton of emulators but if you got a favorite retro console game feel free.

My specs:
    Processor: Intel Celeron CPU 900 @ 2.20GHz 2.19 GHz
    Ram: 2.00 GB (1.87 GB usuable)
    Graphics Card: Mobil Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family
    System: Windows 7 Professional

Games installed:
    Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition
    Iron Man
    Need for Speed Underground 2
    Medal of Honor Pacific Assault
    Lord of the Rings The Return of the King
    Sid Meier's Pirates
    Diablo 2 with Lord of Destruction Expansion
    Unreal Tournament 2004
    MVP Baseball 07
    Madden 08
    Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4
    About 100 Popcap Games
    About 200 Gamehouse Games

Gothic and Gothic 2 + Night of the Raven. Must Play.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ponury_indor For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ponury_indor View Post
    One of my current favorite avatars...nice job.

As for what I'd like to be playing, as always, I'm needing to know info on ALL and ANY 'Metroidvania' style games for the hand-helds...
    (There was something in a recent NP issue, 'Dark Heart' or 'Dark Star' something or other....said its an outRIGHT Castlevania rip-off, but a GOOD one...was one of those download-only 'dsi store' things, I think...meh...)

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ponury_indor View Post
    RPG adventure games happen to be my favorite genre too. Thanks for the heads up . It's just too bad some of my favorites (Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance and Champions of Norrath) aren't for PC. Was never a big fan of WoW or any MMO RPG's for that matter. Just might have to snag me a good old PS2 again since I cant run a PS2 emulator.

Here's a tricky one. Anyone know of any low end FPS that can use a game pad instead of the mouse and keyboard? I don't mind if it does, just used to playing with a game pad.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Johoto View Post
    Here's a tricky one. Anyone know of any low end FPS that can use a game pad instead of the mouse and keyboard? I don't mind if it does, just used to playing with a game pad.
    All PC games either can use GamePad in-game, or you can use a little program called "joy2key" for older games that don't support it. Meaning all PC FPS game can be played using a gamepad.

But if you do play with Mouse & Keyboard for a while, you'll find out that it's a lot more easier and natural that way. You wouldn't play an FPS with a gamepad ever again.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gezegond For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default Games like XENO GEARS ?

Anyone know any Games like XENO GEARS ?
    Good Story,With Robots/Gundam lol,Animations
    ANY CONSOLES

Thanks
    EP Points

The most obvious suggestion I can make are the Xenosaga games on PS2, they are as close as you can get to a spiritual successor of Xenogears.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to WorkNoFun For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Samurai Warrior 1, 2, and 3. The hack-and-slash elements of the game really make me feel involved. It's a good game for suggestion.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth Snake View Post
    Hey everyone, i was looking for an good RPG for PS1 or GBA, but i played all FF, Pokemon games and tried Chrono Trigger and Crono Cross (<-- not sure how it was named) so anyway i would love to play something good... im going to play on an PSP, and some of them might not work, cause of my CFW (PRO-C 6.20)...
    Have you ever tried fire emblem? it's a strategic rpg, and the three best ones (in my opinion, anyway) are on the GBA. They're called Fire Emblem 6 (the one with Roy, of Super Smash Bros. Melee fame), Fire Emblem Blazing Sword, and Fire Emblem Sacred Stones. (most of the rest are on consoles)

If you have ever played Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, you might like it

Thanks

looking for an RPG i can play on DS or Wii, and something for DS and Wii (not the same game preferably) that uses WiFi Connection for multiplayer.

and generally a good RPG i can run on 3GB of RAM, a GeForce 6150SE, 5400 1TB HDD, and an AMD Athlon X2 220 dual-core

Thanks

Where did Dynasty Warriors two disappear to?

Thanks

Default Should I get Pokemon HG/SS for my DS?

Well I've unsuccessfully played HG/SS on emulators because of the freezing etc.

And the Black 2 really left a huge hole in my satisfaction because the Plasma Frigate can't be opened without the password, which doesn't work on a computer.

For some reason, I'm really curious about HG/SS again, even if I have to replay that boring intro again.

Should I get it? Or should I actually play Black/White on the actual DS? (I've played it on the emulator, and I got sorta bored of it right before the Elite Four)

If so, which one should I get? HG or SS?

I'm not the kind to be interested in a particular game for very long, though I'm sort of interested in this, mainly because of the Red, and stuff like that.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

HG or SS is a good purchase.

The improvements added in from the most recent gen are damn amazing. The battle balance is just so perfect and really offers more chance for strategy in battles that simple "PRESS A TO FIRE ON GRASS." I've really enjoyed it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to JKDarkside For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

The feature where your Pokemon can follow you without keeping them in a Pokeball is also unique. Beside, I rate Pokemon HG/SS as one of the best Pokemon game ever.
    And, if you have to decide between which version, I would suggest HG.

Also, instead of spending your money to buy HG/SS, I recommend you to wait for the upcoming B/W 2 that will be released in English in another 2 months.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm personally a big Pokémon fan (so much so that I know how to type the little "é", haha). I've had SoulSilver for a long time now. I have a DS flash card, so I sell most of my DS games except the ones that either don't work due to AP or have save data I would like to keep (I could back it up with a homebrew app, but...). Pokémon has AP and it also has the IR functions (In HG/SS, for the PokéWalker, and in BW for connecting for quick battles and trades). But the point is, even if my flash card could get past the AP every time and supported IR and could be played on my 3DS for the better sound/visual quality, I wouldn't sell my Pokémon game cards (although I'd probably back up my saves and sell the rest in a heartbeat, haha). I like to collect Pokémon stuff in general, but I think it's just such a great game that I would rather keep it, even if there's no logical reason to. Maybe that's my duty as a fan.

Next up in my fan rant, links to fan sites! ... JK.

tl;dr:
    It's a great game, worth the money for the amount of content and play time. Although if you want a totally new experience with Pokémon, I agree with Muscab; go for BW2 later in the Fall. Also, if you've never played any older games, try to emulate FR/LG or Emerald versions. Although it kinda sounds like you've played other games in the series.
    - Lots of cliché pictures, "cards" and quotes here -
    - Random GIF image here -
    - Custom user graphic here -

Thanks
    EP Points

Uncharted. An amazing game with a lot of attention to detail. It is short, but it is a nice game to play over the weekend.