Page 61 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1151565758596061626364656671 ... LastLast

Thread: The all encompassing "Suggest a game!" thread.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thats the one I can't really start with. I don't have a ps3--and its not a system you can emulate.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah, that might make it difficult.

I'd say Disgaea then, it's really fun.

I'm sure it's already on here but if it's a poor rip or is on some really shitty host I can rip mine and up it to mediafire. Lmk.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 14th-May-2012 at 00:26.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

haha alright I'll look into it.

alright i will.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 14th-May-2012 at 00:27.

Thanks

Default Romantic PS2 and PSP games enquiries

Hi all,

Do you guys have opinions about romantic ps2 and psp games? Do you all have suggestion as i love playing that genre. Until today I already played
    1) Tales of the Abyss (PS2)
    2) Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life SE (PS2)
    3) Final Fantasy X (PS2)
    4) Final Fantasy X-2 (PS2)*
    5) Final Fantasy 12 (PS2)
    6) Brooktown High (PSP)
    7) Harvest Moon Hero of Leaf Valley (PSP)
    8) Persona 3 or 4, dont remember. (PSP)

So,what are the other games that you guys can suggest?
    *I dont want to make another post just for this, but FFX-2 of mine get stuck in the early part (after fighting at stadium) where we control Yuna to the elevator in the airship. The game not loading when the elevator move to its destination except the roof, but the sound are still playing, just the screen black blank. FYI, i already bought 2 discs of this game but useless.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The Rune Factory series is good , its like harvest moon but in a fantasy setting and you fight monsters.

Thanks

Default Need Games for my GF; SNES or lower.

So, i just got my girlfriend a laptop after hers broke. (it's a terrible little thing from 7 years ago, so it can't run much in the way of emulators.) She wants to get into gaming for me. She wants an action game, and yet one that she, someone who has never played many video games before, can get good at. She would prefer a game with a Japanese origin, but understands that's not 100% viable, and is willing to compromise. The comp can probably only run SNES or lower, such as GBA. Any suggestions, other than Pokemon?
    Last edited by Shadowthehellhog; 2nd-June-2012 at 23:01. Reason: Clarifacation

Thanks
    EP Points

Why start someone off with the old games? This could make her want to not game.

Make her look for something her self so she knows she will like it. You picking it for her won't help.

Thanks

She doesn't own a modern system, and she doesn't know what makes a game she likes (ex, she doesn't know if, turn based, adventure, or role-playing gets her goat) She just wants me to do it because shes afraid of alienating her self from them. I'm afraid of doing the same thing, so i turn to the internet for help.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowthehellhog View Post
    She doesn't own a modern system, and she doesn't know what makes a game she likes (ex, she doesn't know if, turn based, adventure, or role-playing gets her goat) She just wants me to do it because shes afraid of alienating her self from them. I'm afraid of doing the same thing, so i turn to the internet for help.
    Just show her random games and have her try them all. Everyone's taste is different.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What are her system specs? You can probably run PSOne/N64 games.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks

I was just thinking that, it would push it to its max. only a measly 800 MGHTz processor, 504 MB ram. i mean really, its bad.

Thanks

I think a good action game that is simple and of Japanese origin is Bubble Bobble (try NES) as it was originaly intended to bring couples closer together through cooperative gameplay. you can always go with the obvious mario games. also, Guardian Legend (I'm still on the nes, here...) is a great and challenging action adventure game with good graphics and. I understand having an old PC as mine is like a 1999 dell. I reccomend getting a USB Dpad or two, as 2 player games are no fun when you have to share a keyboard. If she likes rpg's but not so much the traditional Knights and wizzards kind, you can get Earthbound (Nes or SNES...) because they are cute, have an interesting story, and are not very difficult. also, hope I helped ya out! (^u^)
    Rabid Media Online!
    Check out original artwork and games by ME!!!

Thanks
    EP Points

Contra 3 could be a good start.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

Well, my PC is a 2001 pentium 4 with 384MB RAM, and it can run up to Dreamcast emulators decently and NDS with some hiccups... BTW, GBA emus are way more CPU taxing than SNES...

Still, if her laptop can run GBA, try Wario Ware Inc., the first, non gimmicky one,
    http://www.emuparadise.me/Nintendo_G...ecision)/44243
    that is a collection of 200 short and simple action minigames, some based on other Nintendo franchises, and is sort of a sample course where she can dip into various kinds of gameplay, all arcade like and simple, and with a fun, weird but cute overall motif.
    For an awesomely cool and fun action platform with a great anime plot and look, this is the best the GBA has to offer:
    http://www.emuparadise.me/Nintendo_G...)(Venom)/44807

If GBA is too much for the laptop to handle, then in SNES you can try with Bust a Move, better known as Puzzle Bobble, an arcade puzzle starring the cute lizards from Bubble Bobble, wich was already recommended. Girls LOVE that game for some reason.
    http://www.emuparadise.me/Super_Nint...ve_(USA)/33268
    Other simple, cutesy action puzzler, far less known is this one, worth a try:
    http://www.emuparadise.me/Super_Nint...nd_(USA)/33269
    For a colorful, cute platformer, ans very Japanese to boot go for this one:
    http://www.emuparadise.me/Super_Nint..._(Japan)/36176
    An awesome, fun and funny shoot´em up, pretty easy if you make sure to put max lives and revival to "on" on the options:
    http://www.emuparadise.me/Super_Nint..._(Japan)/33896
    Oh, and this platformer from one of Akira Toriyama´s lesser known mangas is also pretty cool and easy at the beginning:
    http://www.emuparadise.me/Super_Nint..._(Japan)/33891

Good luck with your GF.

Thanks

Default Best RPG Games

Hi, I want to know which DS, GBA, and PS games are best to download. Preferably RPG Naturally.

For example I enjoyed the following games : Radiant Historia, Dragon Quest series, Final Fantasy Series(although revenant wings for DS kinda sucks), Fire Emblem Series, Golden sun and Summon Night.

I would appreciate it if you could say on what system you downloaded it for it give a link. Thanks.