Page 6 of 103 FirstFirst 12345678910111656 ... LastLast

Thread: The all encompassing "Suggest a game!" thread.

Thanks

Personally im not a castlevainia person but the one i did play (Dawn of Sorrow) wasn't bad at all.(ended up selling it back to GameStop)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Goshi View Post
    Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance (GBA) (Which sucks BTW)
    You need patience for that game. And look past the horrible synth to get to the nice compositions underneath...
    The PS2 ones are sorta in a similar style but I've only played Lament of Innocence. And it sucks.
    Lament of Innocence isn't BAD. But I wouldn't pay over $20 bucks for it ($10?). Curse of Darkness? Better. Same thing, though...
    The old Castlevanias were awesome! Super Castlevania 4
    Agreed.
    Bloodlines
    Nah!
    Dracula X Turbo Duo... *drool*
    Agreed.

Thanks

Nah!
    D=

You need patience for that game. And look past the horrible synth to get to the nice compositions underneath...
    The music is one thing but the gameplay ain't too hot either. All the bosses are sissys =(

Thanks
    EP Points

Mm, Dak'kon, the game looks good. I'm always a fan of puzzles and traps and such... as long as you don't take a "Prince of Persia" route. Hated that game. ;
    Downloading it now. Thanks!
    *edit* Well, the low resolution and jumping controls will take a bit of getting used to (Why doesn't this have a windowed mode? O_o) , and money is extremely hard to come by so far (enemies are dropping way more weights than coins, oddly enough, even though the manual really stressed the importance of stones as puzzle tools. I'd expect them to be rarer). I've managed to get the save ROM and the hand scanner, at least. Still need the translator thingy. Overall, it looks really fun, and I think I'll keep playing this (and keep wishing it didn't run full screen ).
    The ingame music is also great. It kinda makes the visuals seem worse because of how good it is in comparison.
    Last edited by Jetsetlemming; 30th-January-2007 at 05:58.
    As I was walking down the stair,
    I met a man who wasn't there.
    He wasn't there again today.
    I wish, I wish he'd go away.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsetlemming View Post
    Well, the low resolution and jumping controls will take a bit of getting used to (Why doesn't this have a windowed mode? O_o) , and money is extremely hard to come by so far (enemies are dropping way more weights than coins, oddly enough, even though the manual really stressed the importance of stones as puzzle tools. I'd expect them to be rarer). I've managed to get the save ROM and the hand scanner, at least. Still need the translator thingy. Overall, it looks really fun, and I think I'll keep playing this (and keep wishing it didn't run full screen ).
    The ingame music is also great. It kinda makes the visuals seem worse because of how good it is in comparison.
    Bah, graphics never bothered me - "text only" is good enough graphics for me. Also, check out some Maze of Galious screenshots, it mimics its art style pretty accurately. It almost feels as if it were running on an actual MSX. The jumping (which is indeed odd at first, as is the whip usage) and difficulty just adds to the retro feeling of the game. You want to play the game with a piece of paper and a pen nearby, so you can jot down the hints, and not have to revisit them later. Also, don't worry about having too many weights, there are doors that can only be opened through the use of them, and become closed again once you leave the screen.

As for the windowed mode, Alt+Enter works just fine, for me at least.

And yeah, the music is great. Even more so since it's 'just' MIDI. I also like how you have two sets of instruments to choose from for any given song.
    Last edited by pkt-zer0; 30th-January-2007 at 11:28.

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't mind the graphical style, really, just the low res in full screen. Don't need to go THAT far to emulate the MSX. I'll try Alt+Enter.
    Oh, another good point: Controller support! I hate playing games like this on the keyboard.
    *edit* Alt+enter makes the game run at half speed.
    I managed to get a glyph reader and map card, though. whee!
    Last edited by Jetsetlemming; 30th-January-2007 at 20:10.

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't mind the graphical style, really, just the low res in full screen. Don't need to go THAT far to emulate the MSX. I'll try Alt+Enter.
    Bah, humbug. DOS games in 320x240 weren't windowed, either, and they looked cool.
    Oh, another good point: Controller support! I hate playing games like this on the keyboard.
    *edit* Alt+enter makes the game run at half speed.
    I managed to get a glyph reader and map card, though. whee!
    You can get around the lack of controller support with progs like JoyToKey, supposedly. Don't really have a PC gamepad (yet, anyway) so can't verify that myself. (edit: seems I can't read. Ah well.)

As for the low speed: F6 switches between hardware and software stretching, F7 changes the resolution the game's displayed in (effectively, the size of the window.) Try messing around with that, see if that helps.

I'm right before confronting with the Guardian of the first area. Took me a bit of time to find the Ankh, having forgotten about the existence of a room.

Oh shit, I'm totally stopping further derailment of the thread.
    Last edited by pkt-zer0; 31st-January-2007 at 00:32.

Thanks
    EP Points

No no, the game natively supports a USB controller. It's another good point of the game, along with the music and gameplay.
    *cough* Well, nobody else is talking about anything in here.

The F6 thing worked like a charm. Returned the game to proper speed, and smoothed out the pixels too. Now it looks approximately like a NES or GBA game.
    Last edited by Jetsetlemming; 31st-January-2007 at 00:41.

Thanks

idk if this will be allowed...but anything on the wii's virtual console (unless we are only talking older games) then...Ogre Battle 64 for the Nintendo 64, my personal all time favorite game of all time!

Thanks

Ogre Battle Saga?
    Matsuno & Co.?
    Win.

I don't care who you are.

Thanks
    EP Points

SO.

Somebody recommend me a good PC Third person shooter, like Max Payne.

Thanks
    EP Points

SO.

I liked Conflict Global Storm it was a 3rd person shooter. Controls are vastly diff than a regular shooter though.

Thanks
    EP Points

Wii Play is great. Sure, most of the minigames are crap, but Laser Hockey, Billiards, and Tanks are awesome fun. Also, if you have the patience to master the controls, SSX Blur for the Wii is awesome too.

Wow...I think that's the first time I've ever recommended an EA game. O_o

Thanks

SO.

Hmm, there's Dead to Rights. ^^

It's a complete Max Payne rip-off. Have only played through the first DtR and it was okay-ish. Nothing special. Lots of fast-pasted action and esplotions if you like that kind of thing.

My personal favorite third person shooter on the PC is Freedom Fighters. That game is just amazing. Russia invades America, and you must lead a small group of Freedom Fighters to liberate The United States. You get to choose which strongholds and key positions you liberate, so it actually feels like you're making a difference to the war, and every stronghold liberation must be tackled differently, so it doesn't get repetative.

Just Cause and Gunz Online are also pretty good, although Just Cause gets very boring and Gunz is online only.
    Raaagghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... hh..

Thanks

SO.

try the punisher anothe max payne rip off but still good the only thing i didnt like, but most people like, is the dual weilding. if you have two guns you use left and right mouse buttons to fire