Page 57 of 103 FirstFirst ... 747525354555657585960616267 ... LastLast

Thread: The all encompassing "Suggest a game!" thread.

Thanks
    EP Points

I am looking for suggestions of RPGs as well possibly for dreamcast, as I am looking for quality RPGs that weren't very well known or mainstream.
    Basically I'm looking for good RPGs that may have slipped through the cracks.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Knightshade View Post
    I am looking for suggestions of RPGs as well possibly for dreamcast, as I am looking for quality RPGs that weren't very well known or mainstream.
    Parasite Eve (PS1) Isn't too well known. It was and is a great RPG.
    Xenogears (PS1) was pretty awesome too. That one may be slightly more mainstream, but worth it.

Neverwinter Nights (1 for PC) was a very innovative D&D based RPG. I loved it personally.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneskinsnake View Post
    Parasite Eve (PS1) Isn't too well known. It was and is a great RPG.
    Xenogears (PS1) was pretty awesome too. That one may be slightly more mainstream, but worth it.

Neverwinter Nights (1 for PC) was a very innovative D&D based RPG. I loved it personally.
    Out of those the only one I haven't played is NWN that's why I said less mainstream games as I am pretty sure I have played most Rpg's that got almost any publicity at all.

thanks though I may try NWN.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Knightshade View Post
    Well I mean, you can count the number of RPGs released in English for the Dreamcast on one hand. Skies of Arcadia is probably the best one.

Also, NWN is great, plus there are so many good custom modules as well.

The SRT OGs and the Summon Night Swordcraft Story games were all pretty good. GBA games.
    Last edited by Gypsy; 22nd-February-2012 at 15:12.

Thanks

Post RPG recommendations for Genesis & GBA.

I'm looking for RPG recommendations for the Genesis and GBA since I can now play those systems on my PSP. I'm looking more for Genesis titles since I already know/have some for GBA.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by XularusXIII View Post
    I'm looking for RPG recommendations for the Genesis and GBA since I can now play those systems on my PSP. I'm looking more for Genesis titles since I already know/have some for GBA.
    well if you are looking for good GBA games i can suggest Golden Sun 1 & 2. its the best game in my life without question and you will love everything of it.the battle system,story,open world,music everything is good.it even surpasses many modern 3d graphical games.well i praised a lot about it,no more. you can also try out Zelda series on GBA too.

Thanks

I second that golden sun recommendation. I remember that from my childhood and it was one of my favorite games. Hell I even picked up the new golden sun game just to indulge on the past.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    The SRT OGs and the Summon Night Swordcraft Story games were all pretty good. GBA games.

Quote Originally Posted by tusar View Post
    well if you are looking for good GBA games i can suggest Golden Sun 1 & 2. its the best game in my life without question and you will love everything of it.the battle system,story,open world,music everything is good.it even surpasses many modern 3d graphical games.well i praised a lot about it,no more. you can also try out Zelda series on GBA too.
    Golden Sun was okay.

I also recommend Yggdra Union, Riviera, and even though they aren't rpgs the Castlevania GBA games are all excellent.
    Last edited by Gypsy; 22nd-February-2012 at 15:12.

Thanks

Guess I should have specified what I already had. I've already got Pokémon, Summon Night, Golden Sun, Megaman Battle Network series, Zelda, Zoids - Legacy, Mario & Luigi, Dragon Ball Z, and Riviera, and I'm planning on getting the Medabots RPGs. I didn't have Yggdra Union, though. Were there even any good RPGs released for the Genesis?
    Last edited by XularusXIII; 22nd-February-2012 at 15:52.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

oh man the old castlevenia....its always great.konami rocks

Thanks
    EP Points

Guess I should have specified what I already had. I've already got Pokémon, Summon Night, Golden Sun, Megaman Battle Network series, Zelda, Zoids - Legacy, Mario & Luigi, Dragon Ball Z, and Riviera (Though I'm hoping I can undub it), and I'm planning on getting the Medabots RPGs. I didn't have Yggdra Union, though. Were there even any good RPGs released for the Genesis?
    phantasy star 2,3, and 4 are all good. i can't remember any other rpg's for genesis off the top of my head.
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.
    help the socially disabled https://gofund.me/3234a082
    my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDs...gHZ_f8tjf8jW4w

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Guess I should have specified what I already had. I've already got Pokémon, Summon Night, Golden Sun, Megaman Battle Network series, Zelda, Zoids - Legacy, Mario & Luigi, Dragon Ball Z, and Riviera, and I'm planning on getting the Medabots RPGs. I didn't have Yggdra Union, though. Were there even any good RPGs released for the Genesis?
    Yes. Some of these are in the "RPG elements" group, but all still good games.

Shining Force
    Shining Force II
    Shining in the Darkness
    Landstalker
    Shadowrun
    Beyond Oasis
    Crusader of Centy

Probably not even thinking of some others but it's been awhile since I've played any Genny games.

Thanks

I was posting on the requests thread, and cookie monster reminded me that Requests wouldn't quite fit for what I was asking, so after, I decided to change my idea to "recommendation" before I knew of this thread, then got pointed here, So im just gonna copy paste what I posted there for the sake of my own sanity.

I'm honestly unsure where I am going with this thread except that I absolutely love RPG's, and while great on console's the PC ports / versions / or "Made For PC" RPG's are honestly better in my opinion. Some can utilize full MP3 audio, OGG audio, higher bit rates etc, which makes your experience that much better. Graphics aren't a staple for me as I can enjoy games ranging from the 8bit era all the way to my 360, PS3 and Wii. I'm also a let's player, I have done Ys and would like to play it on the PC, Ys I & II Chronicles, Yet I can't find it anywhere. As well, Ys Orgin's. But I don't want to keep this to just the Ys series on PC, I'm welcome to ANYTHING RPG from Windows 95 on. Windows 7 patches preferred, but im PC competent and can get it running otherwise. Reason 95 on is because the site already has a DOS section, along with ton's of other PC's, so it doesn't make sense to ask for RPG's for them. That being said, more common RPG's like Neverwineter Nights, Baldurs Gate, Icewind Dale, Dragon Age, Knights of the old Republic, etc, or most games that can be found on GOG (I already have most.. but not all!) I wouldn't mind being excluded. I would also like to see ports / remakes that were made on the PC, and they don't all need to have English patches, I can find them on my own and post it here as well, if one is available of course. Let's try to keep it to recommendation's only, English Patches should still be able to be posted if available.
    I realize this might be a bit confusing, and I may have the section wrong, so sorry if it is, but this is more of a lengthy request post if anything. And If it's a big deal I can start making Single posts for a single game or series instead of trying to keep just 1 thread. I figured a Genre could be covered in a Request post?
    I didn't clean it up, just simple copy paste, but it has most of what I was thinking about. I said to try and omit DOS and other PC games, but ... don't, I don't see why I can't be reminded from others.
    Last edited by DarkSentai; 23rd-February-2012 at 23:26.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,801 Times in 288 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSentai View Post
    I was posting on the requests thread, and cookie monster reminded me that Requests wouldn't quite fit for what I was asking, so after, I decided to change my idea to "recommendation" before I knew of this thread, then got pointed here, So im just gonna copy paste what I posted there for the sake of my own sanity.

I realize this might be a bit confusing, and I may have the section wrong, so sorry if it is, but this is more of a lengthy request post if anything. And If it's a big deal I can start making Single posts for a single game or series instead of trying to keep just 1 thread. I figured a Genre could be covered in a Request post?

I didn't clean it up, just simple copy paste, but it has most of what I was thinking about. I said to try and omit DOS and other PC games, but ... don't, I don't see why I can't be reminded from others.
    So from what you say, you're looking for both Regular and Action RPG's for PC (in English)...

Well, I can suggest:

- The Elder Scroll Series (particularly Morrowind with Graphic mods... only if you don't mind First Person RPG)
    - Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
    - Diablo II
    - Gothic I & II
    - Sacred & Sacred Underworld
    - Ys: The Oath in Felghana and Ys: The Ark of Napishtim (both have English Patches floating around)
    - Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines (has some unofficial patches needed to solve some bugs, since developer is dead)
    - Sudeki
    - There are also ports for Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII, Grandia II and Breath of Fire IV (PAL only)

And don't forget that since they're for PC, some of them have expansion and mods which extend the original game...
    Last edited by Kuro Kagami; 23rd-February-2012 at 23:19.

Don' worry, it won't hurt... that much!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro Kagami View Post
    So from what you say, you're looking for both Regular and Action RPG's for PC (in English)...

Well, I can suggest:

- The Elder Scroll Series (particularly Morrowind with Graphic mods... only if you don't mind First Person RPG)
    - Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
    - Diablo II
    - Gothic I & II
    - Sacred
    - Ys: The Oath in Felghana and Ys: The Ark of Napishtim (both have English Patches floating around)
    - Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines (has some unofficial patches needed to solve some bugs, since developer is dead)
    - Sudeki
    - There are also ports for Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII, Grandia II and Breath of Fire IV (PAL only)
    I already LOVE Most of that List! I guess I should specify a bit more then what I am more curious about... I guess thing's that are more... "old school" Like Ys, or something in the vein of a 16bit and 32bit RPG... I actually already have most of those though (the ones you listed). I think I did point out nothing terribly popular, i.e. Oblivion and Diablo 2, even though I still love those, but I've already done too many hours of research and nothing beats human input. Also, I actually don't mind too much if its in Japanese, or PAL, I can prolly find English translations. Sudeki and Breath of Fire I DIDN'T know were ported to the PC! Grandia 2 Doesn't surprise me considering how similar the Dreamcast was in terms of coding akin to the PC.