Page 20 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021222324253070 ... LastLast

Thread: The all encompassing "Suggest a game!" thread.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post
    Star Ocean can best be summarized as "Star Trek if it were a JRPG". The analogy gets extremely blatant in some entries. Decent focus on item crafting and a real time battle system that's generally good. SO4 opts to retcon a decent amount of story, fuck around with other bits, and generally do a worse job of everything than the ones before it, without really adding anything aside from a cast I want to murder most violently. Oh, and the voice acting. Dear god, the voice acting.

It's going to get some love at some point, but it failed to really grab me the way other games had. As such, it was all too easy to shelf it and get absorbed in another game. I enjoyed the bits I played, but I wasn't quite so enthralled as to want to continue on right then and there. I'll likely pull it out on a slow afternoon in a couple months when I'm bored and looking for something different to play. It seems to be that kind of game.
    I'm surprised you can say negative (or, at least, indifferent) comments about the plot after SO3. Seriously, "Oh, by the way, you're part of a simulation world. Yeah." Most people raged hard after that.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Quiji View Post
    I'm surprised you can say negative (or, at least, indifferent) comments about the plot after SO3. Seriously, "Oh, by the way, you're part of a simulation world. Yeah." Most people raged hard after that.
    Say what you want about how stupid and ridiculous it was, it was surprising and fairly original.

But hey, I'm sure humans discovering how to reprogram the universe before mastering space travel despite not being within several dozen lightyears of a fourth dimensional artifact makes plenty more sense.

Thanks

I see a line between originality and just being random. But I am definitely not bashing on SO3, I love that game.

Thanks
    EP Points

I think more people need to become familiar with a more appropriate definition of "random."

Thanks for explaining Valkyria Chronicles a little further, Quiji (though I get the feeling you were just writing about it because you're fond of it in general, rather than directing your post at anyone specifically). There are definitely aspects of the game that I think I would enjoy, but as I said earlier, it's just not a priority for me. Though it sounds interesting, it doesn't get me excited. Not enough to want to go pick it up on Wednesday rather than in March, anyway.

I think if I get the chance that I'm expecting, I'll go for 3D Dot Game Heroes first. Being a Zelda clone, it will be just engaging enough for me to enjoy it and perhaps spend a few hours playing here and there. Meanwhile, its lack of an engaging storyline or any kind of amazing RPG elements will allow me to stop playing when I need to be doing something else, instead of losing track of my study time because I just want to get to "one more" major story point before turning it off. For a bit of variety, I'll likely go for Bioshock or something like Nier or Devil May Cry 4. Of course my purchases will be dependent on availability, and if I pick up anything else it will be simply because I recognized it on the shelves and I had an extra opportunity.
    Last edited by Milady; 24th-January-2011 at 03:52.

Thanks

This was kinda buried a page or two back, I want to bring it back up in hopes someone can suggest something.

I'm looking for some underrated Wii games.

I'll say what I have so far; Super Mario Galaxy I & II, New Super Mario Bros., Zelda Twilight Princess, SSBB, Kirby (forget title, with the yarn..) Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter Tri, Goldeneye Wii, and Donkey Kong.

I'd like some RPGs (Is the Tales game any good?) but I'm open to anything that was overlooked or underrated in your opinions. I like the Wii, but I just wish I could find a bit more decent games to play.

Thanks
    EP Points

By Tales game, you mean Symphonia 2? Never played it, but heard mixed things. If you're open to JP-only titles, I can strongly recommend Tales of Graces. If not, you can still wait for the fan translation to be finished.

I'm playing through Arc Rise Fantasia at the moment, and while it's not blowing my mind, it's a pretty solid game nonetheless.

Xenoblade is awesome, but hardly underrated. It's certainly overlooked at the moment, but mostly because it only came out in Japan. And as such, I probably can't really recommend it. At least for now.

Thanks

Any good Co-op games for Wii? Got one for christmas and my girlfriend and I want something to play together. I've got Kirby's Epic Yarn, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles, Wii Sports/Resort, and welcome anything with co-op play.

Thanks

Donkey Kong Country Returns is one of the most fun co-op games in existence.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    By Tales game, you mean Symphonia 2? Never played it, but heard mixed things. If you're open to JP-only titles, I can strongly recommend Tales of Graces. If not, you can still wait for the fan translation to be finished.

I'm playing through Arc Rise Fantasia at the moment, and while it's not blowing my mind, it's a pretty solid game nonetheless.

Xenoblade is awesome, but hardly underrated. It's certainly overlooked at the moment, but mostly because it only came out in Japan. And as such, I probably can't really recommend it. At least for now.
    I'll look into Arc Rise Fantasia, and Xenoblade once it comes out in NA, thanks.

Thanks

Are their any good first person shooters that will run on a netbook?

Thanks

All the old doom stuff will run pretty good on a netbook, hunt up zdoom and try using that. I haven't tried it, but I imagine quake 1 and 2 would do decent if you could get them running. Honestly, you'll probably be more limited by the crap video cards that most laptops have, and what games will actually still work on your os.

Thanks

Default new games for my xbox 360

im extremely board and i was wondering if anyone knows any good xbox 360 games?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

cod bo

Thanks

does a minigolf game for psp exist? i would love to play some minigolf on my beloved psp.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yasuyui View Post
    Are their any good first person shooters that will run on a netbook?
    Counter Strike 1.6...due to small hardware req, I tho it would runs smoothly..
    - Make this life like gaming...none to taken too seriously till death..but all needs to be accomplished. -