Page 16 of 103 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212666 ... LastLast

Thread: The all encompassing "Suggest a game!" thread.

Thanks

i've been in the mood for a different action-platformer for a while now. by different, i mean one i haven't played yet. i've played megaman x and zero games, astro boy for the gba, and dragon ball advanced adventure. i'm just looking for something along those lines.

Thanks

If you like a bit of acrobatics in your platforming and killing, play Strider 2. Tis awesome.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnos View Post
    If you like a bit of acrobatics in your platforming and killing, play Strider 2. Tis awesome.
    thanks for the suggestion. i read more into it and seems like this is what i'm looking for. but quick question: where can i obtain this game (like an iso or img file; something emulatable)?

Thanks

Default GBA rom

Please suggest a GBA game for me. There are over 2000+ games so I don't know what to choose.

I've completed all Mega Man Zero games, Mega Man battle network games, mega man and bass, advance wars, final fantasy tactic advance and final fantasy 4 advance.

I like strategy and action games. and please no turn base RPG games. I hate those(although I completed the 2 FF games.)

Thanks for your suggestion.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I see several tactical games. You may try Fire Emblem and Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, which were technically 7 and 8 in the series for all that they were the first released in America. They're a bit different style than Advance Wars 1 and 2 or FF:TA (for the most important, losing a character is permanent - no Phoenix downs or KOs for you), as well as being closer to high fantasy than either of the other three. Other good turn-based tactical games include Super Robot Wars: Original Generation 1 and 2, which are more mecha and sci-fi in scope. It has a bit of customization of the suits as well, with funds you receive through the missions. I don't know; you mentioned not liking turn-based RPGs, but you didn't mention disliking AW at all. All of these games are serial RPGs from mission to mission (except FE7, which had a world map; the others have branching stories, but they come back together), but gameplay is closer to FF:TA or Advance Wars than to FF4, for instance. If you want to give them a spin before buying them *cough*, this is an emulation forum first and foremost.
    Last edited by Mistral; 4th-February-2008 at 06:41.

Thanks
    EP Points

Resident evil MMORPG

Id never pay a monthy fee for any game, but i prolly would if they made that

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by minkai View Post
    I like strategy and action games.
    If you haven't played Gunstar Super Heroes and Advance Guardian Heroes, do so. They should keep you entertained for a short while.

Thanks

Im looking for a new game i have been partial to RPG and RTS games im pretty much bored with WC TFT, and many GBA games. What else is good out there?
    Egger: Heres the history of our medicine.
    "I have a sore throat."
    2000 BC : "eat this root"
    1200 AD : "That root is heathen, say this prayer."
    1500 AD : "That prayer is superstition, drink this elixir."
    1800 AD : "That elixir is snake oil, Take this pill."
    1900 AD : "That pill is ineffective, Take this antibiotic."
    2000 AD : "That antibiotic is artificial, Here why dont you eat this root."

A quote from the great www.bash.org

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mercy_Fallout View Post
    Im looking for a new game i have been partial to RPG and RTS games im pretty much bored with WC TFT, and many GBA games. What else is good out there?
    Real time shooters?
    Washroom Cabinet Toffee For Toots?

Which games have you played, and do you prefer a console in particular?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Evans View Post
    Real time shooters?
    Washroom Cabinet Toffee For Toots?

Which games have you played, and do you prefer a console in particular?
    Real time strategy.
    Warcraft: The Frozen Throne.

Seriously man, you should know this stuff

Thanks
    EP Points

Umm...if it's not too much trouble, can I ask you all for some good recommendations for the DS? I was tossing around the idea of maybe getting one, as my Japanese teacher demonstrated some of the Japanese<>English dictionary software available for it, and it looked like it'd be very convenient to have in my pocket.

The trouble is that very little game-wise comes to mind. Not because its library is unappealing, but simply because I haven't been following it very closely. The only two that immediately come to mind are Tales of Innocence, which looked wonderful, and the Final Fantasy IV remake, which I've heard is very good. Everything else is a mystery, so your help would very much appreciated.

I mainly like RPGs and adventure games, but I'll really play most anything good. Japan-only titles are okay too, as I'd tend toward the Japanese version of anything that's not too challenging as a means of practice anyway~ So please feel free to suggest most anything you can think of.

GBA recommendations are also okay, as I've played very little of that console's library. I can just emulate them via my PSP, though, so I'd tend toward DS games unless it's something fairly cheap and very much worth owning.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Thanks
    EP Points

Wasn't there another FF game remake?

The 3rd, as I recall.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Elin View Post
    Umm...if it's not too much trouble, can I ask you all for some good recommendations for the DS? I was tossing around the idea of maybe getting one, as my Japanese teacher demonstrated some of the Japanese<>English dictionary software available for it, and it looked like it'd be very convenient to have in my pocket.

The trouble is that very little game-wise comes to mind. Not because its library is unappealing, but simply because I haven't been following it very closely. The only two that immediately come to mind are Tales of Innocence, which looked wonderful, and the Final Fantasy IV remake, which I've heard is very good. Everything else is a mystery, so your help would very much appreciated.

I mainly like RPGs and adventure games, but I'll really play most anything good. Japan-only titles are okay too, as I'd tend toward the Japanese version of anything that's not too challenging as a means of practice anyway~ So please feel free to suggest most anything you can think of.

GBA recommendations are also okay, as I've played very little of that console's library. I can just emulate them via my PSP, though, so I'd tend toward DS games unless it's something fairly cheap and very much worth owning.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
    The Phoenix Wright games made quite a splash. Converstion-heavy adventure games that see the protagonist trying to win out in the courtroom. I can't reccomment them for japanese learning because I have a sneaking suspicion that most of them were originally GBA releases in japan.

The Advance Wars series continued it's handheld run on the DS as well. Most people think the newer one, Days of Ruin, is the better of the two available. Those that prefer Dual Strike generally do so because it held to the old G-rated approach, where as DoR seems intent on darkening it up.

The usual Nintendo franchises are strong as well, with the possible exception of Metroid Hunters which seems to be very much a love/hate thing. Super Princess Peach is the sleeper hit of the bunch. The Pokemon games are fun little RPGs as well, but they're still the kings of formulaic.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance has a (currently) japan-only sequel out. If you enjoy that style, it's apparently quite good.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnos View Post
    The Phoenix Wright games made quite a splash. Converstion-heavy adventure games that see the protagonist trying to win out in the courtroom. I can't reccomment them for japanese learning because I have a sneaking suspicion that most of them were originally GBA releases in japan.
    They were, but the Japanese rereleases have both Japanese and English versions. Still, the grammar for the Japanese versions of the second and third games is sorely lacking (Completely destroying the mood in one particular section of the second game).

Other fun games include Trauma Center (surgery with the stylus), Cooking Mama (fun little cooking-style mini-games), and Trace Memory (adventure/puzzle-solving game in the style of point-and-click, like King's Quest or Myst).

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Culise View Post
    They were, but the Japanese rereleases have both Japanese and English versions. Still, the grammar for the Japanese versions of the second and third games is sorely lacking (Completely destroying the mood in one particular section of the second game).
    To be honest, I'm a little scared at the prospect of taking Phoenix Wright (Gyakuten Saiban, was it?) on in Japanese anyway. I've heard it's a little bit pun-heavy, meaning I'd probably much prefer it in English. Plus I don't know how good I am on English courtroom jargon, let alone Japanese.

Still, thanks for the reminder, Hypnos. I completely forgot Phoenix Wright, and I definitely wanted to give it a look~ I'll see if I can search out the English versions. Thank you for your other recommedations, too~

Yep, Evans, I think III was remade too. Kind of slipped my mind, and I've actually never played the NES one. Might be interesting~

And thanks to you too, Culise. Um...Trace Memory is...Another Code - Futatsu no Kioku, right? I remember watching the trailer for it way back when it was first announced in Japan, and thinking it looked really lovely. Thanks so much for jogging my memory about it.